Cover image for Elements Massage

Elements Massage President - Wellness Division  Adam Passarelli
Adam Passarelli

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low, but that’s to be expected working at a place like this.(in 72 reviews)
  • "No benefits offered to employees(in 45 reviews)
  • "Management also pinned MTs against one another to 'compete' for bonuses which ended up with a upset and bitter staff.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Horrible Mangament, went through two managers in 6 months.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Taking time off is a big deal to them and it will be held against you in the future.(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elements Massage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 22, 2022 - Front Desk Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and really enjoyed my time there

Cons

Nothing back to say about this company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Seriously? NH Studios

Nov 18, 2022 - Studio Manager in Nashua, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture overall. Cliche answer. Pay is not why we got into massage. Also, even working 1-2 shifts is worth it for the team environment and resources. But more about the owners and management team. The drive to create the safe space we have in each studio is #1 priority. Knowing that having safe space will give the employees space to be professionals and ask questions and make suggestions all the way up. Without fear of being shut down or dismissed. Love our team

Cons

Overall the negative perception from poor management of franchises as a whole. It pushes the thought that MT base pay is terrible. However, because it’s based on overall volume of appointments when you break it down. If there’s more massages happening. Then the business can pay better. But if there isn’t enough volume then payroll already outweighs the income. The margin the business makes on a single massage isn’t much. Mainly due to the overhead of the business and energy costs. Then add insurances and taxes as well as laundering linens and marketing. A revenue of $85-90,000 a month with a payroll cost of $55-60,000, doesn’t leave much to actually run the business. More massage performed. More opportunity for Shared Success. The owners of the location I work in believe in that and it’s amaaazing! We all working toward a common goal of helping people live better and sustain a good quality of life.

3. Join the Elements Massage team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

MT Owned Location

Oct 1, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Morris Plains, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Massage therapist owned location (2 out of 3 of the owners are MT's) - Management is knowledgeable about physical aspects of the job and is adamant about not overworking/overbooking + MT self-care + mandatory 90min monthly massage - Based on my previous employers, this location has the highest starting wage for MT's and does NOT cap off after you reach a certain amount - Offers health insurance (I'm covered through my husband, but is available and they cover 50%) - Consistent clientele who actually understand the health benefits behind massage and actually take your suggestions - They just rolled out a new career program that allows you to increase your hourly wage + still giving the opportunity for raises - This may just be a pro for this location, but my coworkers are some of the funniest and caring people I have ever met throughout my career

Cons

- Absolutely nothing that I can think of, management has always handled any issue on the spot + takes the time to sit down and reflect on the situation with you to see how it could have been handled differently (if even needed).

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to Start

Oct 12, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great mission, great people, great clientele all around! If you're just starting out as a fresh LMT graduate, I'd recommend starting here to develop your technique, timing and service. As they say in the industry, get your hands on a lot of bodies! If you take it for what it is, a proving grounds to test your mettle as a an professional, it will be a good experience. As they also say, it's a good place to start but don't stay forever. You want to hone your craft until you can make it.

Cons

Management can be catty. Depends on your studio owner and management.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

An awesome place to work!

Oct 10, 2022 - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Elements Massage is a franchisee, and I was leery of that when I first applied. But what I realized is it’s a lot like working for a small business. Each studio is independently owned and operated and so there are some differences between location. The owner I work for has five studios and hosts an extremely positive & engaging atmosphere. There is a lot of growth opportunity at Elements studios even if you don’t have a business background. I started in the company working the front desk and have held many positions since then in Management. It’s a very good place to work!

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get a massage because the schedule is so busy!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It is what you make of it

Nov 11, 2022 - Front Desk Receptionist in McAllen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules, great employees, awesome clients

Cons

Miscommunications occasionally happen and really throw off a schedule

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not a great place to work

Nov 24, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were nice. Met some really great therapists.

Cons

I purposely was not booked. Owner made me feel like I was a horrible therapist even though I received good reviews from clients and fellow therapists. Owners are very rude. Once I left elements, I’ve had a full schedule where I’m at now and the pay is better.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great job

Nov 11, 2022 - Wellness Member Advisor (WMA/Front Desk) in Katy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great management, kind people

Cons

Sitting for long period of time

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Come Thrive with our team!

Oct 28, 2022 - Lead LMT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, competitive pay, great workplace training, continually growing clientele base and an amazing team of therapists who love what they do.

Cons

No Cons, life is what you make of it. Being able to communicate your needs is encouraged here.

11. 3.0

Not bad but not Great

Nov 16, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager is nice and works with schedule.

Cons

Owner has two elements locations and runs them poorly. Seven people quit since I started working here. It's only been 11 months.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 728 Reviews
</>Embed

Elements Massage Reviews FAQs

Elements Massage has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 739 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Elements Massage to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Elements Massage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Elements Massage. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

69% of Elements Massage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Elements Massage 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Elements Massage to be work life balance, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Elements Massage Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Elements Massage? Share Your Experiences

Elements Massage Careers

Cover image for Elements Massage

Find Your Match: The Elements Massage® brand is one of the industry leaders in therapist and client satisfaction. We believe this is due to...More

• Careers
  • Benefits

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

223 days ago

Community
We are proud to announce the winners of our $50,000 Spring Recruitment Sweepstakes! Click the link below to watch our Facebook Live event and learn more about all the Wellbiz brands and how we support our franchisees to hire the best service provider for their teams!
Shared image - WellBiz Brands, Inc. on Facebook Watch
WellBiz Brands, Inc. on Facebook Watch
www.facebook.com

456 days ago

Careers
Congratulations to the $10,000 grand prize winner of the 2021 Summer Celebration, Kayla F.! The Elements Massage® corporate team surprised Kayla on Monday at the Elements Massage in Beaver Creek, OH with a big check. 🎉 This was the final prize for the summer-long promotion honoring studio staff members. Kayla has been with the brand for eight years and has given nearly 5,000 massages in her career! As part of the Summer Celebration, $25,000 in prizes have been given away to include Hypervolts, Airpods®, $500 gift cards, and more! Elements Massage is one of the nation's premier massage therapy brands, with over 250 independently-owned locations across the U.S. and Canada. #LoveElementsMassage #summercelebration #grandprizewinner
Shared image

Elements Massage Photos

+ Add Photo
Elements Massage photo of: Shape Your Career at Elements Massage
Elements Massage photo of: Congratulations to our newest Elements Massage® studio in Pentagon City, VA!
Elements Massage photo of: Elements Massage Summer Celebration
Elements Massage photo of: Celebrating 2 Million Massages!
Elements Massage photo of: Elements Massage - East Mesa

Massage Envy

3.4

5,839 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 739 Elements Massage reviews submitted anonymously by Elements Massage employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Elements Massage is right for you.