Elements Therapeutic Massage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey L. Jervik

Pros
  • Another benefit is the free massages (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible schedule and easy to find a fill in (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Front desk turnover - I assume due to a less than desirable wage (in 23 reviews)

• a huge con is that there is no benefits (in 13 reviews)

1. "Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Bloomingdale, IL

Pros

Great place to work. My manager cares about my well being and I have no shortage of clients to work on. A drama free massage studio that cares about it's employees is all I need to be content!

Cons

I really can't think of anything negative to say. There are occasional human errors with regards to booking, but nothing that is affecting my ability to do my job.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing and your business will continue to grow. You have a good foundation to build on. Keep it up!

2. "GREAT ENERGY"

Current Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Somersworth, NH
    Current Employee - Sales/Client Services Specialist (SCSS) in Somersworth, NH

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fortunate to have wonderful and compassionate owners/management. The therapists are truly professional and have been carefully selected to be a part of the team. I was a client before an employee here and see this first hand especially since I have visited many different studios over the years from private studios to Massage Envy. The Wellness Program is better than any other places I have visited in the past. My co-workers are not catty and truly professional and easy-going and I have a supportive team. From the moment you walk into the studio you feel calm and centered and it only gets better, especially working here. There's a definite medical approach to massage here and therapists are constantly providing feedback to help stay out of pain and referrals to work with other providers to get a holistic healthcare approach. Plus perks of free and discounted massage and constant learning opps are wonderful!

Cons

Since each franchise is individually operated, there is not that huge company growth opportunity, but if you work hard and give your all there appear to be potential opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking the amazing work!

3. "Excellent Place to Practice Bodywork"

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive compensation
    -Freedom for personalized treatment methods
    -Flexible schedules
    -Convenient SOAP noting software
    -Bargain CEU options
    -All marketing done for you
    -Welcoming front desk staff
    -Great promotional programs
    -Reasonably priced memberships
    -Free supplies (lubricant media, towels, sheets)

Cons

-Massage mill
    -Occasional back to back sessions
    -Many amateur therapists

Advice to Management

Each clinic should be run by a massage therapist

5. "SCSS at Highpointe location"

Current Employee - SCSS in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - SCSS in Denver, CO

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot of new skills, such as sales training, administration, planning, working with google docs/spreadsheets.
    The platform you use, MBO, is VERY user friendly.
    Free and discounted massages (helpful in recommending massage therapists to clients)
    Opportunity to move up and help management.
    Management is respectful of your schedule.

Cons

Pay could be better
    Job can be somewhat disorganized at times
    Angry customers at times (but this is to be expected for any customer service position)
    Staff turnover

Advice to Management

Keep working hard on valuing and keeping your front desk team! Maybe higher pay would help with the turnover.

6. "Un clean conditions"

Current Employee - LMT in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - LMT in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Monthly bonus for having the highest return clients

Cons

LOW pay-almost slave labor for expectations
    Unhygenic conditions

Advice to Management

Pay a higher liveable wage for the field
    Hire better staff

7. "SCSS (front desk) at Highpointe/Littleton/Highlands Ranch(same franchise ownership)"

Former Employee - SCSS in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - SCSS in Denver, CO

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time

Pros

Every day is different - there are new tasks each day and you can learn a lot. Under this management ( 3 locations: Highpointe, Littleton, and Highlands Ranch), there is some opportunity to move up to a partial management role. You can meet a lot of wonderful and interesting people - both staff and customers.
    For the most part, the customers are friendly and nice.
    Another benefit is the free massages. 1 free hour a month and additional 30 minute sessions as well. This is a franchise standard. You also get 50% off the REGULAR rate of services (not to be confused with member rate).

Cons

The training process is extremely disorganized and discouraging. The approach to the training is a ton of reading, then just throwing you in the deep end with little support, and then chastising you when you make a mistake or don't know how to do something.
    Management favors certain employees even if they slack off & don't do their job well or complete assigned tasks and leave extra work for other team members (who then have to risk losing sales opportunities for sake of completing admin work) , then don't reward other employees who are working really hard. Management is not there to answer questions or help with transactions UNLESS it involves selling the Wellness Program memberships - then they are overbearing and pushy. They have created a very catty/dramatic environment, especially when it comes to sales, that encourages undercutting your coworkers. You have to watch and log your contact with customers/sales leads or else someone else will literally just put their name on the sales form that you worked for and get rewarded (and payed) for it. So you have to keep constant proof that it was YOU who put in all the work into the sale. Also, on the topic of sales, management promised numerous rewards/bonuses for reaching certain sales goals that they NEVER gave out or followed through on. It's pretty discouraging to be falsely promised something. Lastly - the pay. Management will promise you anywhere between $12-$15/hour based on your sales. THIS IS A LIE. Base pay is $10.50 (which is pretty low for such a position) and the commission system makes it difficult to make good money at all unless you are working full time. Average pay is not more than $11.50 even if you are reaching the sales goal management sets for you. Would not recommend this position.

Advice to Management

To the Denver (Highlands Ranch/Littleton/Highpointe) Management team from a former 2017 employee:
    You have a lot of work to do if you want to have consistent, reliable staff at the front desk. This job is a total revolving door! You're probably losing a lot of money in sales and general business because you aren't willing to invest a little more time in training, a little more employee support, and better pay. If you offered better pay, you'd get better employees and wouldn't have to invest so much time in fixing mistakes or following up with angry customers. A lot of the day to day issues you are dealing with are caused by poor training, poor team communication, and lack of managerial support. Communication to the team is not very good at all. and this creates a lot of issues and even lost sales.
    Elements is a great business and has a lot of potential but until you are willing to invest more in your staff, you will continue to hold yourself back.

8. "Decent Work"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Parker, CO

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady hours and balanced work life

Cons

Constant gossip can get annoying

Advice to Management

Don't accuse employees of stealing if you don't have proof

"Fix your licenses."

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Lower Paxton, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Lower Paxton, PA

Pros

Good place to start out with massage. You can build your clientele fairly quickly. Flexible hours and easy enough enough to find coverage if need be.

Cons

We have one therapist working with an expired license, and another one whose license has been suspended by the board.

Advice to Management

Keep up to date on your therapists' licenses and certifications.

10. "Great employer (Summerlin)!"

Current Employee - LMT in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - LMT in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Good, friendly people; nice, cozy facility; flexible schedule; online schedule access; employee massages and facials benefits; quality therapists that give quality work!

Cons

Lower pay and tips than resort style spas. But really, that's the only con that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Prompting and encouraging a positive work environment through treating employees well, not just by words, but deeds also, is a great way to ensure the clients are treated well!

11. "Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Whitefish Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Whitefish Bay, WI

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the best clientele that is matched to my strengths as a therapist. Wonderful, caring co-workers and management. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Limited space in common areas , but management takes employee feedback and tries to come up with feasible solutions for the present or future. The positives outweigh any small annoyances.

Advice to Management

Doing a wonderful job taking employee feedback and integrating it into our studio. As an employee I feel heard and cared about.