Cover image for Elevance Health

Elevance Health

Engaged Employer

Elevance Health

Add a Review

Elevance Health Employee Reviews about "layoff"

Updated Nov 30, 2022

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and they are reluctant to hear any positive suggestions.(in 169 reviews)
  • "To many managers(in 103 reviews)
  • "No training but expect you to know everything(in 78 reviews)
  • "Indecisive and poor leadership(in 74 reviews)
  • "expendable and not valued There are constant layoffs so people are always wondering when their time will come to be let go.(in 64 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevance Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "layoff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent place to work

Nov 30, 2022 - RN Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work, career opportunities, benefits and great corporate culture

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid health insurance company

Nov 30, 2022 - UM Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work during covid. Nutrition aid kit (like an allowance) for those who make under 40k as an individual.

Cons

Middle management can make it difficult to transfer to other departments because they don’t want to lose you. If you work hard and quickly, you get more work assigned to you that then backs you up for the next day. Understaffed while corporate leaders agree to take on more providers with the same amount of staff, leading to burn out because we were constantly trying to keep our heads above the water

3. Join the Elevance Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company, good work/life balance, well compensated, good benefits, great training

Nov 28, 2022 - Nurse Case Manager I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 3 months and while I had experience in my specialty, I came into the Nurse Case Manager I position with no previous CM experience. Once on board, I was enrolled in an excellent systems/company CM training program followed by a specialty specific CM training program, both were well done and very informative. My manager and team lead are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They held my hand and walked with me through my training, I never felt like I was being dragged along. I do not feel micromanaged at all. They provide encouragement and constructive criticism but as long as I'm getting the job done and remain in compliance, they allow me the freedom to work my schedule and case load as I see fit. The company promotes a good work/life balance and stands behind that in many ways. I feel very fairly compensated and my benefits, including PTO, are very good. I was nervous about making the switch from bedside care to a remote CM position, but I'm very glad I took the risk and foresee being with Elevance for a very long time as there are many options for advancement or career alternatives.

Cons

My only "con", if I could even call it that, is that I wish my position offered flex time scheduling. My hours are very static (8:30am - 5:30pm) and even though my mgr/team is very generous about allowing time for appts, etc. I would love to be able to start earlier/ finish earlier in the day and/or the option to work four 10hr days instead of five 8 hour days.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company

Nov 26, 2022 - Director, Network Management in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Benefits. Generous time off, multiple health insurance options, 401k match, and more. WFH opportunities. Professional growth and development opportunities. Local Healthplan (TN) amazing and supportive culture and management.

Cons

Need increase communication and collaboration between local health plans and enterprise departments. Increase opportunities for in-person team building.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

MMS I

Nov 26, 2022 - Medical Management Specialist I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and company to work for. Being able to bridge the gap in care.

Cons

Being on the phone (incoming call center)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

i love my job

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Care Representative II in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

stay at home position is awesome

Cons

pay could be better honestly

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Flexible and good benefits

Nov 21, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility. Pay is on par with the industry. Get to work autonomously.

Cons

Sometimes there’s a lack of input before changes are made from the top down, which can result in inefficiencies.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All good things I owe to my direct manager!

Nov 21, 2022 - Content Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager was fantastic. Good benefits and flexibility. Working remotely a MAJOR plus.

Cons

Had difficulty with cross-team collaboration. Lots of drama at every corner.

10. 5.0