Cover image for Elevance Health

Elevance Health

Engaged Employer

Elevance Health

Add a Review

Elevance Health Employee Reviews about "manager"

Updated Dec 7, 2022

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Elevance Health~925157
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevance Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

i love my job

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Care Representative II in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

stay at home position is awesome

Cons

pay could be better honestly

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good benefits, metrics kinda suck

Nov 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) II in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like working from home, especially with the price of gas! The benefits are nice, insurance is fairly cheap, and I’ve done really well in most things. I thought the training was fine for the most part (and thank god for the help desk and chat starting out). Working on a holiday, you get 2.5x pay, plus PTO to use on a day of your choosing.

Cons

It’s just aggravating that your bonuses and things if you are on the phones depend on metrics like your AHT. And they want it under about 11.5 minutes for a claims call, but you aren’t allowed to tell a vendor that you can’t take any more claims! So you might end up with several calls where you have to check 8 claims on each calls. So even if you only spend 4 minutes per claim, you’re at a 32 minute call. Get 4 of those a day, and it’s almost impossible to get your time down. It’s frustrating. Made me want to get off the phones (even tho the phones are where you get OT). Getting used to using genesys and WDE for your work schedule took some getting used to.

3. Join the Elevance Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

No work life balance- 80 hour weeks with not one dollar more for overtime

Nov 12, 2022 - Appeals Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and decent benefits.

Cons

They will work you to death. Turn over is high but management does not care or bother to ask. They will not change their processes but instead keep chaotic dysfunction and expect nurses to “save” cases from deadlines (appeals and PDR). The production expectation is only possible in a 10-12 hour day not 8 so you are expected to do that. Don’t offer overtime pay or value you, your family or time. Been doing this roles for years and worked at different insurances. How they manage to not go out of compliance with every case or how they are still in business is beyond me. You literally have to send 10 emails “begging” a doctor to review your speciality case because they don’t have enough MD’s and won’t hire more “due to costs.” Once you lose more nurses you can’t take any PTO “due to business needs” ie you’ve treated your staff terribly and they deserve better so they leave and the remaining nurses drown in cases and are expected to work 12 hour days. Trust me when I say don’t do it. It’s not worth it and no amount of money can ever make it worth it when they take your soul.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid health insurance company

Nov 30, 2022 - UM Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work during covid. Nutrition aid kit (like an allowance) for those who make under 40k as an individual.

Cons

Middle management can make it difficult to transfer to other departments because they don’t want to lose you. If you work hard and quickly, you get more work assigned to you that then backs you up for the next day. Understaffed while corporate leaders agree to take on more providers with the same amount of staff, leading to burn out because we were constantly trying to keep our heads above the water

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company, good work/life balance, well compensated, good benefits, great training

Nov 28, 2022 - Nurse Case Manager I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 3 months and while I had experience in my specialty, I came into the Nurse Case Manager I position with no previous CM experience. Once on board, I was enrolled in an excellent systems/company CM training program followed by a specialty specific CM training program, both were well done and very informative. My manager and team lead are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They held my hand and walked with me through my training, I never felt like I was being dragged along. I do not feel micromanaged at all. They provide encouragement and constructive criticism but as long as I'm getting the job done and remain in compliance, they allow me the freedom to work my schedule and case load as I see fit. The company promotes a good work/life balance and stands behind that in many ways. I feel very fairly compensated and my benefits, including PTO, are very good. I was nervous about making the switch from bedside care to a remote CM position, but I'm very glad I took the risk and foresee being with Elevance for a very long time as there are many options for advancement or career alternatives.

Cons

My only "con", if I could even call it that, is that I wish my position offered flex time scheduling. My hours are very static (8:30am - 5:30pm) and even though my mgr/team is very generous about allowing time for appts, etc. I would love to be able to start earlier/ finish earlier in the day and/or the option to work four 10hr days instead of five 8 hour days.

7. 5.0

Costumer service Rep

Dec 7, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can keep going up , as long as you were doing good

Cons

more trainings for the new employed

8. 5.0

Great place to work for

Dec 7, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits Opportunities for growth

Cons

I don’t know of any cons

9. 5.0