Cover image for Elevance Health

Elevance Health

Engaged Employer

Elevance Health

Add a Review

Elevance Health Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Nov 29, 2022

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and they are reluctant to hear any positive suggestions.(in 169 reviews)
  • "To many managers(in 103 reviews)
  • "No training but expect you to know everything(in 78 reviews)
  • "Indecisive and poor leadership(in 74 reviews)
  • "expendable and not valued There are constant layoffs so people are always wondering when their time will come to be let go.(in 64 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevance Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company, good work/life balance, well compensated, good benefits, great training

Nov 28, 2022 - Nurse Case Manager I
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 3 months and while I had experience in my specialty, I came into the Nurse Case Manager I position with no previous CM experience. Once on board, I was enrolled in an excellent systems/company CM training program followed by a specialty specific CM training program, both were well done and very informative. My manager and team lead are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They held my hand and walked with me through my training, I never felt like I was being dragged along. I do not feel micromanaged at all. They provide encouragement and constructive criticism but as long as I'm getting the job done and remain in compliance, they allow me the freedom to work my schedule and case load as I see fit. The company promotes a good work/life balance and stands behind that in many ways. I feel very fairly compensated and my benefits, including PTO, are very good. I was nervous about making the switch from bedside care to a remote CM position, but I'm very glad I took the risk and foresee being with Elevance for a very long time as there are many options for advancement or career alternatives.

Cons

My only "con", if I could even call it that, is that I wish my position offered flex time scheduling. My hours are very static (8:30am - 5:30pm) and even though my mgr/team is very generous about allowing time for appts, etc. I would love to be able to start earlier/ finish earlier in the day and/or the option to work four 10hr days instead of five 8 hour days.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

No work life balance- 80 hour weeks with not one dollar more for overtime

Nov 12, 2022 - Appeals Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and decent benefits.

Cons

They will work you to death. Turn over is high but management does not care or bother to ask. They will not change their processes but instead keep chaotic dysfunction and expect nurses to “save” cases from deadlines (appeals and PDR). The production expectation is only possible in a 10-12 hour day not 8 so you are expected to do that. Don’t offer overtime pay or value you, your family or time. Been doing this roles for years and worked at different insurances. How they manage to not go out of compliance with every case or how they are still in business is beyond me. You literally have to send 10 emails “begging” a doctor to review your speciality case because they don’t have enough MD’s and won’t hire more “due to costs.” Once you lose more nurses you can’t take any PTO “due to business needs” ie you’ve treated your staff terribly and they deserve better so they leave and the remaining nurses drown in cases and are expected to work 12 hour days. Trust me when I say don’t do it. It’s not worth it and no amount of money can ever make it worth it when they take your soul.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Elevance Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company

Nov 26, 2022 - Director, Network Management in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Benefits. Generous time off, multiple health insurance options, 401k match, and more. WFH opportunities. Professional growth and development opportunities. Local Healthplan (TN) amazing and supportive culture and management.

Cons

Need increase communication and collaboration between local health plans and enterprise departments. Increase opportunities for in-person team building.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Wonderful positive experience

Nov 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who I worked with were professional and respectful of each other (except for one person). It made a world of difference coming from previous companies that had toxic cultures.

Cons

A colleague continued to make my life miserable. Manager didn’t handle it well and pretty much those actions of my manager basically were saying to me that this colleague would continue to get away with this kind of behavior.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Potential

Nov 28, 2022 - Claims Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I believe the company and job has the potential to be great. I really do. The work environment is there. The benefits are there. They just need to improve their training and pay fairly according to experience.

Cons

Pay is offensively LOW! I am shocked at how little they pay. I do not intend to be in my role long- either applying internally or find another job all together. Training is ridiculously long. There is no reason for training to be 4+ months long. The trainer cannot stay focused, yet we are supposed to. The trainer has taken PTO through the duration of the training so there is alot of inconsistencies.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great to work from home

Nov 20, 2022 - RN Case Manager II in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its great being able to work from home, very supportive coworkers and management, positive attitudes

Cons

We do manage a large work load where there is occasionally not breathing room during my work day; and occasionally work off hours to catch up on work

8. 3.0