Cover image for Elevance Health

Elevance Health

Engaged Employer

Elevance Health

Add a Review

Elevance Health Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management and they are reluctant to hear any positive suggestions.(in 169 reviews)
  • "To many managers(in 103 reviews)
  • "No training but expect you to know everything(in 78 reviews)
  • "Indecisive and poor leadership(in 74 reviews)
  • "expendable and not valued There are constant layoffs so people are always wondering when their time will come to be let go.(in 64 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevance Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Amazing

Sep 29, 2021 - Client Service Associate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding management Understand the importance of work life balance

Cons

Tons of meetings, that could be emails.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work life balance, great pay.

Aug 23, 2021 - Utilization Review Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers are wonderful and very understanding. Able to work from home. No weekends, no holidays. Overtime available. Great pay. I feel it pays more than working in a hospital in my area. I am very lucky I found this company and got into this kind of work as a nurse. Quarterly bonus, I feel like the job is too good to be true. Working from home is amazing. I’ve never had a better, more stable work, life balance. Good insurance. I highly recommend if you are burnt out from nursing. This is an amazing, corporate side of nursing and still helping patients and people I feel. All employees are very nice, doctors are wonderful and very nice to work with. No one makes you feel as if you have a stupid question. Everyone is willing to do their part and wants to help. I really hope this works out for me for many years to come.

Cons

Monthly random Audits (you don’t know what call they will listen to) and quarterly exams are stressful. After you do not meet this twice in a row you are put on an improvement program. I know we must do our jobs and do them correctly but to me, seems like if you have a rough couple of times, the company makes it so you can be let go easily. Managers are there to help you though. Need very high scores on audits and exams at all times. Can be boring after working in bedside, hard to get PTO approved at times.

8 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your review. We’re listening and appreciate your feedback.

3. Join the Elevance Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst work atmosphere

Oct 9, 2021 - Developer Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot find anything positive

Cons

Poor Work life balance, no employee satisfaction,

7 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

We take any claim of unethical behavior seriously. To make an anonymous report to our ethics line, please visit anthemethicshelpline.com. We value your opinion and we’re very disappointed to hear about your experience.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

You can go anywhere... as long as you know the right people

Feb 26, 2021 - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, good training, good work life balance if you have the right manager

Cons

It’s all political. You can be the most qualified for the position but if you don’t know the right people, you get nowhere. It’s the biggest complaint I see and hear. Also, some departments pressure people so much that people have horrible anxiety about their jobs. They need to not just have lip service about culture but find the managers who create these toxic environments. People perform best when it’s a give and take.

11 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Change...Constant Change...ALL the Time

Sep 16, 2021 - Product Owner in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and work life balance. Most people are very nice and just want to see the work get done. No one has micro managed me or my time despite working from home.

Cons

Leadership is schizophrenic. One day they say go left and the next its go right. In one year I've seen more re orgs and turnover than I can count. Also, this may not be true of the whole company but their systems and processes lack maturity. Dev work gets released to production with little or no testing and private health information is not handled with the care that is warranted. Pay seems to be much lower than industry standard which causes them to attract people who arent necessarily qualified.

3 people found this review helpful

TA Programs Coordinator Sr.

Thank you for your feedback. We’re listening.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for over 1 year. My on-boarding was the best. They are well equipped for the remote worker. They have cutting edge technology and foster good work-life balance. Pretty good benefits as well.

Cons

As a health company, the health premium could be lower. I would like more HMO options/co-pay plans at a lower cost. As for the PTO, you have to accrue your vacation days over time. I wish they gave you the balance at the start of the year.

3 people found this review helpful

Elevance Health Response

We’re happy to hear you enjoy working at Anthem. Thank you for your review!

8. 3.0