Elevate Credit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Elevate Credit CEO Ken Rees
Ken Rees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Daily Free breakfast , subsidized lunch, company sponsored happy hours which helps to mingle with co-workers" (in 15 reviews)

• "The company is more high tech than I am used too and very fast paced" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast paced might come off as strange for people joining Elevate but this company is not for people who like to take their time" (in 8 reviews)

• "If you want to have a fast paced day and enjoying working slightly more than 40 hours a day , this is the company you want to be at" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sour Grapes"

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time

Pros

The majority of us live and breathe the Elevate Core Values. Executive Management as well as middle management truly cares for the customers we serve and the employees on our teams. We are well compensated and have many unique perks and awesome benefits. Don't fall for the SOUR GRAPES reviews which are obviously from people who were terminated or failed to perform and left under pressure; one saying these reviews are manufactured - they are not. No one asked me for this review. One of the SOUR GRAPES reviewers said it is a sinking ship and commented on stock price. They are probably crying now since the stock price is on the climb. The same reviewer mentioned attrition is 2x to 3x our competitors but they were wrong; just look around any meeting in the company at the long tenure of many of the staff at all levels. We have a very diverse team and most everyone feels welcomed and respected, and a large percentage of our staff responded as such on the recent Great Place to Work Survey. We've been certified three years in a row! I'm very proud to work here. Love my job, love my team, love my boss.

Cons

We are slower to accomplish our big hopes and dreams - so many great ideas and small to medium wins are deprioritized or just never seem to make it across the finish line, but only after thoroughly discussed and collaborative decisions to do so.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't get distracted by the naysayers.

"A company with a positive future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Elevate Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A diverse workforce.
    Responsibility and autonomy.
    A constant stream of work.

Cons

Team structure reduces promotion opportunities.

"Product Management"

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time

Pros

- Great benefits
    - Great Work Life balance
    - Competitive Salary
    - Social Hour

Cons

- Not organized
    -Low potential for growth

"Great Company For People Who Thrive on Change"

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Leadership has good vision. You have the ability to work on multiple, changing projects and get a fresh sense of value each day. Benefits are robust. Compensation is good. And...free breakfast!

Cons

Constantly changing priorities. You have to be the right person, who thrives, not just tolerates, change. You can't be the type of person who has to check off all of their to-do list, because your to-do list is long and ever-changing.

Advice to Management

We should listen to our customers and agents a bit more, and take that feedback into consideration when making product and process improvements.

5. "Honestly A Great Place To Work..."

Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Elevate Credit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Culture
    - Benefits
    - Professional Growth Potential
    - Casual Environment

I worked at Elevate for 5 years and have witnessed quite a bit. I can say I have always had great management and leadership all the way up to the top. Elevate afforded me almost no limitations in how I wanted to grow my career. There is a clear path set forth for how you want your career to grow and a process in place to follow to help you get there. Ultimately, Elevate gives you all the tools needed to help you succeed professionally within the company.

The Culture and Environment at Elevate are pretty lax, shorts and flip-flops are a common sight during the brutal Texas summers. They have recently implemented a Work From Home project with fairly minimal oversight so it doesn't feel like you're being babysat.

The Benefits are by far some of the best I've seen around. Good Insurance and low premiums and a solid PTO structure.

Cons

At times it feels like there is no clear vision for the future (which is mostly okay given the break neck pace at which there has been organic growth)

Advice to Management

Be Cool? I dunno, you guys are pretty cool already.

"lot of communication gap between teams"

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to approach top management and provide your views

Cons

Very large gap between teams which leads to poor quality of project execution.

"Don't Believe The Culture Hype"

Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Risk Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Elevate Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees that a contributors are more often than not great people. HR does a great job of selling the values and commitments that no one actually lives by.

Therefore, the new hires are usually very good people to work with and have solid attitudes.

Also, these 5 star reviews are manufactured by the HR department to inflate the Glassdoor score. They'll reach out to new hires in middle management to write a good review, so that they (both the management and HR) can recruit better talent.

Cons

Picture in your mind what working at a terrible company would be like. Got it? Welcome, you're at Elevate.

Advice to Management

'Win Together' - this is the value Elevate fails the most. From department to department and from the top down, there's only the blame game and the first to strike usually wins.

"Great Company with Great Values"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Addison, TX

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been employed at Elevate for over 6 years and have been with the company for close to 8 . Started at Think and split of to Elevate. Best decision of my life. This is the longest I have stayed at any one company in my whole career and I don't see myself leaving soon. The company keeps you on your feet and that is exactly what I love here. I pride myself working at Elevate. Over the past 6 years I have worked so far in 3 different departments which is one of the biggest reasons I am able to provide value to my work. Here are few pros working for elevate if you have the passion to bring a change- Startup company which provides direct access to executives all the way up to CEO, Fast paced ,Skilled employees across departments, Open communication with open door policy, Ability to make an impact, Core Values, Ability to change departments to find your place in the company , Work from home Policy, Bonus , 5 year and 10 year recognition with added Bonus, 5% matching 401K.

Cons

Fast paced might come off as strange for people joining Elevate but this company is not for people who like to take their time. Timelines and priority shifting are important in fast paced world and you can see this being core at Elevate. This is not a con but some might find it so. If you want to have a fast paced day and enjoying working slightly more than 40 hours a day , this is the company you want to be at.

Advice to Management

Sometimes Management might credit just the management and above for achievements and miss the key people who might have made a difference. I think this can change and probably managers can take the time to trickle the achievement down to the people actually doing the work. Also some pain points at the end of the pipeline might not reach the upper management , which might be leading to poor communication which in turns leads to the executives not knowing the real issues. I am sure this can change as we continue to grow.

9. "Great Culture and Challenging Work"

I have been working at Elevate Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elevate really comes through with the promise of allowing employees to take ownership of their projects and management does not micromanage. They work hard to hire the right people who embody the values and are subject matter experts in their field. Due to this, everyone is respected as a valuable member of the team and allowed to have their opinion heard, regardless of their job title.

Another great aspect of working here is every day is different. The work is always challenging and exciting and there is never a dull moment. Management is passionate about the work and that enthusiasm is felt throughout the organization.

Another amazing aspect is they truly care about employees and listen to their feedback in order to make the company an even better place to work.

Cons

There are always areas of improvement at any company but the great thing about this company is every group is always striving to get better and even the pain points are seen as an opportunity.

"Great Ideas... some of the time, Questionable Execution"

I worked at Elevate Credit full-time

Pros

- Many intelligent, talented team members
    - Good benefits, free healthy breakfast and employee social hours
    - Comp is above average in many roles

Cons

- The inability of the frozen middle tier to execute is only outdone by the lack of sound, actionable strategy from the C suite
    - A large cadre of managers with no people leader capability
    - Fractured technology departments (Not great when you bill yourself as a FinTech)
    - There is open hostility between product and IT teams

Advice to Management

Define and COMMUNICATE a strategy for growth. Start with clearly defined goals - what do you want Elevate to be when it grows up? The competition is moving, Elevate is not, get motivated, truly agile and delivery focused.