Elevate K-12 Reviews

4.7
Elevate K-12 Founder - CEO Shaily Baranwal
Shaily Baranwal
Pros
Cons
  • "Being a member of Elevate requires constant adaptability(in 8 reviews)

• "Lack of communication is a big issue, support is erratic, great place if you are young, but older with experience go somewhere else(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Company that Supports Career Growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Elevate K-12 full-time for less than a year

Pros

-CEO -Transparent organization -Great culture -Mission-driven -Ability to take ownership

Cons

-Rapidly growing company that has the obstacles one would expect

2. "Great!"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor Spanish Instructor in Irving, TX

I have been working at Elevate K-12 part-time for less than a year

Pros

You choose what hours to work, great management, wonderful communication, and you work from home.

Cons

I haven't experienced any downside in this company. If you enjoy working from home and have time for your kids, this is the place!

"Unstable Environment"

I worked at Elevate K-12 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Making a difference in students' lives. Enjoyable co-workers excluding management.

Cons

Poor leadership with unstable environment. CEO was all over the place and unpredictable with her priorities and emotions. Lead from a place of fear, regularly overpowering those below her and gossiping to others about her dismay with certain employees. Benefits were not great for tech and trouble with finances where people were asked to miss paychecks on occasion.

Continue reading

"Good mission, ok company."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Elevate K-12 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most people there are passionate about the mission. I enjoyed my co-workers The product is good The starting pay is very competitive They do have a good work/life balance, and are understanding about flexible working options. It is an open door policy, and they encourage you to actually just go into a VPs office to bring up any issues.

Cons

This is a complete open plan office. There are a few quiet rooms you can use, but expect to hear everyone's conversations. As I mentioned above, the product is good, but its not great. However, management seems to believe its the best thing since sliced bread. They act like people NEED this product. They don't. It is a nice to have, not a necessity. People have gotten by for years without it, and can do so. The biggest issue is the CEO. She is extremely overbearing and doesn't really trust people to do their jobs. She gets way too involved in the day to day, instead of focusing on big picture. Frankly, she is also pretty insulting to people below her at times as well, and talks down to just about everyone. She is passionate, but that passion can easily turn nasty. Last year they went on a big hiring spree and touted how much they were growing, but apparently no one was paying attention to the combination of new salaries and other expenditures, like office upgrades and other new developments. So, right before Christmas, they laid off a bunch of employees, some of whom left perfectly stable jobs to come to Elevate and were there less than 6 months. Of course, the people making those bad decisions didn't suffer.

"Flexible And Consistent"

Current Employee - Online Tutor in Clearlake Oaks, CA

I have been working at Elevate K-12 part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Elevate offers lots of flexibility in regards to scheduling, allowing instructors to work anywhere from a few hours per week to almost full time depending on preference and availability of programs, all from the comfort of our own homes. But unlike some other online tutoring experiences, Elevate also provides consistent opportunities to work with students, ensuring instructors often have their hands about as full as we would like. Additionally, being able to work with an Academic Coach to provide feedback and other assistance is crucial in ensuring that we are making the most of the time we have with our students.

Cons

Elevate is unfortunately unable to provide schools with equipment, leading to some occasions where the school's equipment may not work well with the virtual classroom. Fortunately, this is usually a minor issue.

"Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Educational Account Executive

I worked at Elevate K-12 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited time Off and remote work

Cons

*No clear direction day to day. A lot of assumptions made without training or coaching a team to success. *company does not value their employees they have a mind set that everyone is replaceable and if they don’t like you or if they want to replace you they will. *Micro Management seems to be the go to management style * very cut throat and toxic environment that could be positively competitive instead there is no team work just a bunch of people trying to take down another.

Elevate K-12 Response

February 20, 2020Head of People

Thanks for your feedback! As a company, we are constantly pushing ourselves to be better and have already invested in supporting all our Elevaters with the launch of a dedicated "Learning and Development" function. With that being said, we also understand that as a high growth company our pace and nature of growth is not for everyone. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience at Elevate K-12. Do not hesitate to reach out and share more feedback in the future and we wish you the best in your next role!

"Absolutely not!"

Former Employee - NONE

I worked at Elevate K-12 full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO and benefits are positives

Cons

-Micromanaging - no support - no structure or process - no transparency - low employee morale - no culture - no work/life balance - no morals or values - no respect given to employees - absolutely NOT woman centered

Elevate K-12 Response

February 20, 2020Head of People

We appreciate you sharing! At Elevate K-12, we are constantly pushing boundaries to build a new way to do live instruction and as a high growth company, we are always looking for new ways to innovate. We do highlight to all Elevaters before joining that we are fast-paced and a growth mindset is key to success and that this may not be for everyone. We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience at Elevate K-12. Do reach out to us if you haven't already as we always welcome feedback. We wish you all the best in your new endeavors!

"Classroom Manager"

Current Employee - Classroom Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Elevate K-12 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training and support. Someone was always there to help and resolve issues on their tech support. Good way to teach a classroom. Very innovative service. Teaching was fun for the students.

Cons

It is a part time role

"Great Part-time Position"

4.0
    Current Employee - Teacher in Houston, TX

I have been working at Elevate K-12 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Support! Communication is very good.

Cons

Working on platform. slowly getting better.

"good concept"

Current Employee - Curriculum Writer in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Elevate K-12 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good way to teach online. Good guidance and resources to write content. Good work from home opportunity

Cons

More hours would be good

Found 106 reviews