Elevation Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Elevation Church is the best place to work because we see the fruit of our work every weekend (in 12 reviews)

• My favorite part of working at Elevation is that we are family (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This definitely isn't an environment for people who like hard-cut separations from their 9-5 jobs (in 6 reviews)

• We are fast paced and positioned for growth (in 6 reviews)

"Lead Pastor"

Current Employee - Lead Pastor in Ballentine, SC
    Current Employee - Lead Pastor in Ballentine, SC

I have been working at Elevation Church full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a great place to be.

Cons

Criticism is hard to find.

"Great place."

Pros

Loved working here. Great people!

Cons

There weren't any cons really.

"illusion of love"

I worked at Elevation Church full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment for some, most of the team feels like family.

Cons

The hierarchy of the organization promotes very unhealthy leaders, making this organization feel like a dictatorship. There is no value put on the hard work of the employees. There are two sides to working there, the church side and the business side. The church side will guilt you into working hard while the business side will run you to the ground with no scrupules.

Advice to Management

Love your people, and don't try to be like your pastor.

"Competent and friendly coworkers with selfish, haughty upper management"

Former Employee - Designer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Designer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Elevation Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Modern equipment and ample resources. Some very talented people working behind the scenes. A lot of people seem to get personal fulfillment and meaning from participating.

Cons

A very superficial, self-involved culture. The church doesn't just pay bottom-tier low salaries, but they are downright PROUD of it. They capitalize on people's dedication. There's almost a caste system of importance, where upper management is coddled by expendable lower employees. This employer knows no boundaries and expects access to every part of their worker's personal lives. You will work horrible hours without a moment's notice, and you will be expected to make the job your number one and only priority in life. The pastor's wife once told us not to be friends with anyone outside the church, so good luck changing the world with that navel-gazing. I learned useful skills here, but be warned that having a church on your resume may not look impressive to some.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees to create boundaries and have private lives. Ask yourselves why secular companies consistently treat your former employees so much better - we sometimes joke about how we should form our own secret club. Don't just write off all the recent departures, they were for a reason; it's hard to notice glaring problems within your culture when you have already declared it to be perfect. Don't assume you have the right to push your employees until they break.

"Elevation Church Review"

I worked at Elevation Church full-time

Pros

It was very good experience.

Cons

Way too many to list

Advice to Management

Go study how to effectively lead the people you're trusted with

6. "Elevation"

Pros

learn a lot about the back end of a non-profit

Cons

it's not what you expect going into it

"Great place"

I have been working at Elevation Church full-time

Pros

Great place to work. People are on the same side. Politics and infighting is a minimal. Safe place for family to be involved. Fair opportunity for raises.

Cons

Lower pay for demanding work. Easier for men to work in leadership than women. All holidays are work days. Sometimes communication lacks clarity and timeliness.

Advice to Management

Keep creating a place that we love to work at. Work to communicate more efficiently to lower levels of leadership.

"Not for everyone."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

I worked at Elevation Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had some fun times while working there. I grew a lot in my skill set. Get to work for a purpose. It can be a good creative outlet. If you fit the culture and buy in to what they believe 100% you may have a good experience working there.

Cons

Very demanding. They don't care much about your life outside of work. The vibe was sometime weird for me. They treat their pastor like he is a celebrity or inhuman at times. If you don't fit the culture they don't really care much for you. It was sad to be apart of a christian church that didn't really value you as a person or an employee. Can't even count the times that I stayed overnight or worked way too many hours. Felt very under appreciated and used most of the time.

Advice to Management

Don't become another megachurch cliche´. Value your employees and don't focus so much on money/fundraising.

"Best place to work!"

I have been working at Elevation Church full-time

Pros

You work with a team of the best leaders, always pushing forward to grow and be better. You are a part of life change through your hard work and commitment. Your development is a major priority and you are given the opportunity and charge to develop others.

Cons

Like with any thing, there is an adjustment to your rhythm that comes with a new experience. To be a part of the team means to open the throttle of your potential and move full steam ahead to grow the church, your peers, your teams and your self. We work hard.

"2K2 Apprentice"

Pros

Elevation Church is the best place to work because we see the fruit of our work every weekend. It's easy to run hard and give it your all when you love the people you work with and the ministry you are apart of.

Cons

If you are not positioned to receive feedback and grow from it, you'll definitely struggle here.