Elevations Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Teller in Lafayette, CO
    Former Employee - Teller in Lafayette, CO

I worked at Elevations Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great members, and an overall great place to work.

Cons

Lack of leadership within branches.

Jul 14, 2017 – Elevations Credit Union

Thanks for your review - and thank you for providing A-Grade service to our members!

2. "Teller"

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union part-time

Pros

Great benefits
    Great culture

Cons

Schedule not flexible
    Repetitive work

3. "Fantastic, but going corporate"

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO package is incredible / Extremely friendly work climate.

Cons

Management heavy and Blinded by the money brought from years of low int rates from Mortgages.

Advice to Management

Re-balance the company and understand that growth is finite in nature, be careful of the traps that come from greedy tendencies... Other than that, cut down on the amount of management personnel / red tape.

4. "Career company"

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time

Pros

Positive work environment, benefits, charity, volunteer time off, advancement opportunities, education/training opportunities

Cons

I can't think of a single thing!

5. "Fun place to work"

Pros

Love the coworkers. Great work environment

Cons

Some coworkers aren't the most dedicated.

"Senior Teller"

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive Pay Structure, Bonuses, Generous PTO, Employee Culture

Cons

None that come immediately to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep providing A-Grade benefits.

Sep 30, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

7. "Sr. Mortgage Underwiting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Qrtly bonus, they give back to the community. They take care of their members. Benefits are good.

Cons

No work / life balance for the compensation.

Advice to Management

Ask employees for better ways to improve, be open to new ideas for working smarter not harder. Sticking to the core values. Be flexible with work schedules.

Jun 20, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

Thank you for sharing your review with us on glassdoor. We’re glad to hear that our member-first approach, community involvement, and benefits resonated with you. Work/life balance is extremely... More

8. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Place to Work! Great Leadership! Community Focus! Dynamic and Fun Culture. Won the Best Companies in Colorado and Malcolm Balridge Award. Phenomenal and strategic growth.

Cons

Would like to see additional growth and expand our footprint into Denver and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Apr 15, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

We're very happy to hear about your experience working at Elevations! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We also appreciate your feedback about expanding our footprint. We were... More

"Financial solutions guide"

Current Employee - Financial Solutions Guide
    Current Employee - Financial Solutions Guide

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about working at Elevations! My coworkers are amazing people, the benefits are out of this world, and the atmosphere is unbeatable. All the managers I've been truly care about and value their employees, and every employee is invited to be open and honest about their future career goals. Upper management is accessible and friendly. The work is extremely fulfilling. Of course, when you're working in a service industry for the general public, there's bound to be some rotten apples (both employees and customers) but the support I get from management is by far the highest quality I've ever received.

Cons

Of course there's workplace drama anywhere you go and that's unavoidable. That's not the company's fault. Compensation (hourly and salary) is a little low for experienced people in the field, but the incentive package makes up for it!

Advice to Management

Bravo!!! When I was hired, I was told the goal was to be the best place I've ever worked. And by golly, it is! I definitely plan on making a career here.

Apr 15, 2016 – HR Supervisor

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. We're so happy to hear that Elevations is the best place you've ever worked and that you're receiving high-quality support from... More

"Loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively casual environment for a financial institution with ok benefits and a good amount of time off especially for employees less than five years on the job.

Cons

This is very top heavy of the organization, unless you have the letters VP anywhere in your title advancement is incredibly slow or nonexistent. If you are a customer facing employee you'll always be a pawn in the advancement of one of the VPs.because of this you will consistently have changing goals that are retro attractive. Lastly the pay is far below what it needs to be to retain talent and or what the market like Boulder dictates if your motto is "if you love where you live it matters where you bank" and a "return to localism" Pay your employees so they can actually live in these areas not just the VPs

Advice to Management

Play better and by pay better I mean actually pay better not just a couple cent increase. Create programs that actually allow employees to advance not just ones for managers to become VPs and VPs to become higher level VPs.

Apr 28, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

Thank you providing your feedback on glassdoor. We’re happy to hear that you appreciate our paid time off benefit and casual environment. We also thank you for your comments on career advancement and... More