KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 76 of over 82 reviews

3.5
Elevations Credit Union President and CEO Gerry Agnes
Gerry Agnes
Pros
  • "Positive work environment, benefits, charity, volunteer time off, advancement opportunities, education/training opportunities(in 7 reviews)

• "Work life balance is prioritized(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is pretty much not a thing(in 3 reviews)

• "They have become extremely aggressive in their sales goals and are using the same cross sales tactics the big banks use(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevations Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to wrok

Sep 3, 2021 - Residential Appraisal Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice building, nice managers, I like the dynamic

Cons

Not really any cons. Wish there was more mobility between positions

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thank you very much for leaving this review. We like to think that we have a strong, positive working environment, and it sounds like you would agree! We do a lot to promote and support internal movement as well - can you believe that 71 of our employees have moved into new positions at the company since the beginning of the year? If you haven't yet explored the resources available on the Career Resources page on The Peak, please check it out! It may help you find your next opportunity. :)

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Decent Benefits - Nickel and Dimed for Time and Misled about Company Flexibility

Jun 22, 2021 - Learning Solutions Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides decent benefits to employees and the cost isn't too much per pay period. On the surface, the organization is well put together and makes a great case for selling themselves when recruiting for professional positions.

Cons

What I was told during the interview process was the complete opposite of what I dealt with as an employee. I have previously worked in the banking industry and left because I didn't like the rigidity of scheduling, being watched, etc. I was recruited for this role by Elevations and was promised that they were flexible and did not operate like a for-profit bank. This was not the case when I started, as I was quickly forced into a shift role and was micro-managed out of the organization by my manager. I was also accused of not being at work when I was because my Microsoft Teams light wasn't on when my manager (who was on vacation) went in to check on her staff one morning. Overall, I simply felt lied to and misled during the interview process, as I was promised a flexible schedule as a professional in my field, and was then reprimanded for taking that flexibility as an employee; and was subsequently pushed into an 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM schedule, with a requirement that I be available on their internal social media platform at all times during those hours. Also, I was nickel and dimed for hours from my PTO bank for a dental emergency I had while working there.

3 people found this review helpful

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thanks for sharing your story. We’re disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with the culture we try to create across the organization. We will keep your feedback in mind.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

It's good to get your foot in the door, bad if you're experienced in industry

Nov 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Promote from within, so you don't need experience or knowledge. Lots of people have started as tellers and are now vice presidents.

Cons

- Often dealing with inexperienced people who've been promoted internally - Culture is rough, most days you could hear a pin drop, people did not even say good morning when they came in the team area in the morning. -Pay

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor. We do our best to ensure everyone on our team feels supported in their efforts to learn and grow in their careers. Our culture is really important to us. One of the things people often say they love the most about working at Elevations is how much our employees care about each other. We’re disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with the supportive and welcoming culture we try to foster across the organization.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Jun 22, 2021 - Financial Analyst I in Broomfield, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, excellent benefits, and beautiful new building. The culture is amazing and the people are exceptional.

Cons

The pay is what you expect- it's lower compared against industry average, which is the fault of an HR department that falls to understand that humans are their greatest asset... Additionally, since they have this new building they have a desire to be a "mobile workforce," not a "remote," which limits the up and coming workers... Its honesty what is driving me away from the company in search of higher pay and more relaxed flex work time... In my conversations with fellow staff who have also left the org- this is their exact sentiment as well.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

We agree, our people are exceptional, and we highly value our culture. We hope you feel comfortable sharing your experience and ideas around remote work and compensation with your HRBP and manager. We shared your anonymous feedback with the People leadership team, because feedback like this is so helpful as they continue their efforts to make Elevations is the best place you’ve ever worked.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Sep 26, 2021 - Vice President in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic at ECU.

Cons

Hybrid works schedule is 50/50 in person/remote

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thanks so much for your feedback. We agree that the people on Team Elevations are incredible! Sorry to hear that the hybrid work schedule didn't work well for you, and hope that you've found another work environment better suited to your needs.

6. 1.0

Spare Yourself.

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work is a nice option.

Cons

Middle management. Sales Managers. Processing Managers. Closing Managers

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thanks so much for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed the option to work remotely during your time on Team Elevations! We’re constantly striving to learn and evolve and appreciate you sharing your experience. if you have any additional feedback, we encourage you to reach out to our HR team directly.

7. 1.0

no comment

Oct 26, 2021 - Branch Manager in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Member centric was a great focus

Cons

No comment at this time.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Our members and the community we serve are a top priority, as are our employees. We believe that when our employees are happy and supported, they can better serve our members and create solutions for a better life – which is what we’re all about!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great work/life balance

Mar 26, 2021 - Personal Banker in Louisville, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO plan, open communication to employees, Elevations seems to truly care about its employees.

Cons

The pay could be much better and the benefits (other than PTO) could be better.

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thank you for your feedback. We agree, Elevations is special, because we recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We do our best to provide benefits that show you how much we value you and your contributions to our credit union. We hope you feel comfortable in reaching out to our Total Rewards team who can help connect you with the right benefits to meet your needs. As for pay, our People team regularly reviews compensation to ensure internal equity and also reviews our Total Rewards offerings against local and national market data so that we can remain competitive.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company

Dec 9, 2020 - Quality Control in Boulder, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment Benefits Beautiful Location Vision for ECU encompasses everything a team member would want in a company leaving one out that is mentioned in the CONS.

Cons

Could focus on remote work for employees and include in the vision for ECU.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the feedback! We agree that Elevations is a great place to work and our employees are a huge part of what makes us great. We have also noticed that the market is changing and the way people work is changing. Part of what makes Elevations a top employer is our focus on work life balance. It’s part of who we are. As Elevations continues to grow, our leadership will work to ensure that that balance does not go away, whether we’re working onsite or remotely. If you would like to share any concerns you may have around this and or the desire for more flexibility, I encourage you to speak directly with your manager. We’re a transparent organization and value your input!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place with great people!

Mar 19, 2021 - Bank Teller in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with great people.

Cons

A lot to the job for amount offered in pay.

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thanks for the feedback! We couldn’t agree more – Elevations employees are pretty extraordinary!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews