Elevations Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Gerry Agnes

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Teller in Lafayette, CO
    Former Employee - Teller in Lafayette, CO

I worked at Elevations Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great members, and an overall great place to work.

Cons

Lack of leadership within branches.

"Senior Teller"

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive Pay Structure, Bonuses, Generous PTO, Employee Culture

Cons

None that come immediately to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep providing A-Grade benefits.

Sep 30, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

Thanks for your review - and thank you for providing A-Grade service to our members!

3. "Sr. Mortgage Underwiting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Qrtly bonus, they give back to the community. They take care of their members. Benefits are good.

Cons

No work / life balance for the compensation.

Advice to Management

Ask employees for better ways to improve, be open to new ideas for working smarter not harder. Sticking to the core values. Be flexible with work schedules.

Jun 20, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

Thank you for sharing your review with us on glassdoor. We’re glad to hear that our member-first approach, community involvement, and benefits resonated with you. Work/life balance is extremely ... More

5. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Place to Work! Great Leadership! Community Focus! Dynamic and Fun Culture. Won the Best Companies in Colorado and Malcolm Balridge Award. Phenomenal and strategic growth.

Cons

Would like to see additional growth and expand our footprint into Denver and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Apr 15, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

We're very happy to hear about your experience working at Elevations! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We also appreciate your feedback about expanding our footprint. We were ... More

"Loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively casual environment for a financial institution with ok benefits and a good amount of time off especially for employees less than five years on the job.

Cons

This is very top heavy of the organization, unless you have the letters VP anywhere in your title advancement is incredibly slow or nonexistent. If you are a customer facing employee you'll always be a pawn in the advancement of one of the VPs.because of this you will consistently have changing goals that are retro attractive. Lastly the pay is far below what it needs to be to retain talent and or what the market like Boulder dictates if your motto is "if you love where you live it matters where you bank" and a "return to localism" Pay your employees so they can actually live in these areas not just the VPs

Advice to Management

Play better and by pay better I mean actually pay better not just a couple cent increase. Create programs that actually allow employees to advance not just ones for managers to become VPs and VPs to become higher level VPs.

Apr 28, 2016 – Elevations Credit Union

Thank you providing your feedback on glassdoor. We’re happy to hear that you appreciate our paid time off benefit and casual environment. We also thank you for your comments on career advancement and ... More

7. "Great Benefits, everything else just OK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Elevations Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Elevations has great benefits with profit sharing, lots of PTO and every holiday off. If you like a structured, almost rigid work environment, this could be your place. Training courses are provided and paid for. 401K matching. Room for advancement.

Cons

This is not a grass roots Credit Union.Once the University of Colorado Credit Union and very local, it now has a corporate bank feel. The CEO flies in from out of state and stays in a condo paid for by Credit Union Members. All ego. Upper management feel privileged and expect to be pampered. There are so many VP and AVPs it is a little embarrassing! Salaries fluctuate, but can be good. However, if you are a college grad, you can probably make more at Snarfs than you can being a teller.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Elevations Credit Union (More than 8 years)

Pros

o Analyze staffing levels and re-assign resources based on transaction volume in order to ensure Credit Union efficiency
    o Conduct meetings with all staff members to discuss individual and branch sales goals, career development, member survey results, and employee recognition
    o Collaborate with the training department to develop effective training materials for employees
    o Ensure processes and procedures are in full compliance with federal regulations, with very specific detail relating to the Bank Secrecy Act
    o Crosstrain existing employees on all duties associated with Tellers and Loan Officers to increase efficiency
    o Provide coaching and assist with out-of-balancing situations with Loan Officers and Tellers
    o Respond to audit findings by documenting root cause analyses and taking corrective action
    o Ensure staff members are demonstrating a high level of service, core values, operating efficiently, and functioning as a team

Cons

High paced environment, if you are not ready to work in any position this is not the place for you. Commute outside of Boulder is a little rough due to a lot of construction on US 36.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Vice President in Boulder, CO

Pros

The people!!! Care and concern for the community and environment.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard!!!

10. "Best Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Elevations Credit Union (More than 10 years)

Pros

They put the employee first! Lots of companies say it but ECU really does it. I worked there for 10 years. This is the best employer I've ever had!

Cons

No cons to report for this fast growing organization.

Advice to Management

keep putting the employees and membership first

"Elevations is the best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Elevations is the best place I have ever worked. I started as a Teller almost seven years ago and am now in a Leadership role in the corporate office. Elevations treats its employees like family. From 4 weeks PTO to brand new employees, 401K match, Mortgage & auto discounts, Volunteer time off and more. Its such a great team of people here... It makes coming to work easy!

Cons

We are high performing, so occasionally it can get really busy with projects, etc. But they are all worthwhile and rewarding.