Cover image for Elevations Credit Union

Finance

8d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "You get to work with great people in a close(in 6 reviews)
  • "Cannot beat the time off that you get working at Elevations.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Excellent work life balance, competitive salary and benefits in the market, fair treatment of employees, fun events, active wellness team, many training opportunities, a learning organization with an astounding growth in the past few years(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elevations Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great work environment

Nov 9, 2022 - Mortgage Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Efficient in place systems, Receptive managers, room for advancement

Cons

very few remote work opportunities

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I couldn't leave here fast enough!

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Benefits: medical, dental, vision -PTO was ok -Convenient cafeteria and gym onsite

Cons

-Extremely low pay for what is expected of employees. Can easily find higher paying work in the market elsewhere -Toxic team culture. High school drama atmosphere since most people hired are not very professional. -Managers prey upon those with little experience and would take advantage of the employees often -Dated platforms that they don't intend to fix anytime soon. Any improvement request was rebutted with "we know and we are working on it" -HR department was uncaring to any concerns about poor working environment. Showed favoritism towards managers at every turn. -Extreme high rate turnover and constant gossip among teams. -Unfair employee competition amongst each other, not collaborative environment but encouraged to be cutthroat. -Company provides very little training and expectations are set high so you are thrown into the deep end of the pool with no support -Manager tells you that working 60-65 hours per week is still not enough if you are a salary employee.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. One of the things people often say they love the most about working at Elevations is how much our employees care about each other. We’re disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with the supportive and welcoming culture we try to foster across the organization. All feedback is valuable to us and helps us to make meaningful improvements for the future. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our leadership team and if you have if you have any additional feedback, we encourage you to reach out to our HR team directly.

3. Join the Elevations Credit Union team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don’t Drink the Kool-Aid

Sep 14, 2022 - Former Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous benefits and work-life balance

Cons

While the company markets itself as a forward thinking firm, its internal processes and communications could not be more backward. The company branding is that of a disappointing candy wrapper that promotes a great experience with its shiny-ness yet leaves a very bitter, horrible taste upon consuming as a former employee. This was not at all the best company I ever worked for as they claim in their recruiting materials. I strongly recommend other financial institutions to those who want to move their careers forward.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time share honest feedback on your experience. We strive to make Elevations the best place you've ever worked, but we know there are always ways we can improve to create more positive and meaningful experiences for our employees and members. It is important to us that we ensure everyone has equal access to opportunities for advancement, and are disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with that expectation. I will share your feedback to the rest of our team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Place I've Ever Worked

Apr 20, 2022 - Vice President in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've never in my career worked with such an incredible team of savvy professionals and executives who truly care so much about our employees, members, and community. Well before the recent political unrest, our leaders committed to DE&I and have had it as one of our major strategic initiatives since at least 2018. We also have the privilege of working in a beautiful building in Broomfield with tons of natural light and friendly faces.

Cons

Too many priorities means many people are juggling many things, which can feel overwhelming at times. But it comes from a strong desire to be the best and deliver excellent results to each other and our members. And typically, crazy days don't blend into crazy nights and weekends - we do get to largely check out when we get home.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback and offering specific advice to our leaders. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the rest of the team for consideration.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sorority club

Aug 26, 2022 - Bank Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people in different branches.

Cons

No career growth to people of color or minority communities. Managed like a sorority club. Your views ain't got no value unless you're in Management. Low income for some.

1 person found this review helpful

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We are glad you agree we have great people across all our locations – our employees are what make Elevations such a special place to be! We strive to ensure everyone has equal access to opportunities for advancement, and are disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with that expectation. As part of our strategy over the past several years, we have placed a strong focus on representational diversity across all levels of the organization, and it continues to be one of our most important strategic objectives. We value your feedback and will be sure to keep it in mind.

7. 4.0

A very kind organization

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and kind - the people at Elevations Credit Union are wonderful!

Cons

Leadership is resistant to true work flexibility and remote work - they don't seem willing to adapt to the future of work and are stuck in their "face-to-face" model of getting work done.

Elevations Credit Union Response

We strongly believe in the value of building relationships and are so glad you agree that our staff at Elevations are exceptionally kind and collaborative! We understand that having flexibility is important and will be sure to pass along your insights to the rest of the team.

8. 5.0

Wonderful place to work

Jul 15, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The marketing team and leaders do a wonderful job providing training and ways to expand knowledge.

Cons

The growth path was gray.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Continuous learning is important at Elevations—it creates opportunities for innovation and supports our pursuit of excellence. We strive to support the growth and development of all our employees and are glad you felt supported with training and experiences to expand your knowledge.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Respectful Work Environment

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Elevations fosters a very respectful work environment, and the culture is great. They focus on diversity and inclusion training, and HR works hard to encourage all levels of employees to share ideas and be engaged at work.

Cons

The pay could be a little more competitive, and they should be more open to a hybrid approach to working from home.

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We strive to make Elevations the best place you've ever worked, but we know there are always ways we can improve to create more positive and meaningful experiences for our employees and members. I will pass along your feedback to the rest of our team.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Decent Benefits - Nickel and Dimed for Time and Misled about Company Flexibility

Jun 22, 2021 - Learning Solutions Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides decent benefits to employees and the cost isn't too much per pay period. On the surface, the organization is well put together and makes a great case for selling themselves when recruiting for professional positions.

Cons

What I was told during the interview process was the complete opposite of what I dealt with as an employee. I have previously worked in the banking industry and left because I didn't like the rigidity of scheduling, being watched, etc. I was recruited for this role by Elevations and was promised that they were flexible and did not operate like a for-profit bank. This was not the case when I started, as I was quickly forced into a shift role and was micro-managed out of the organization by my manager. I was also accused of not being at work when I was because my Microsoft Teams light wasn't on when my manager (who was on vacation) went in to check on her staff one morning. Overall, I simply felt lied to and misled during the interview process, as I was promised a flexible schedule as a professional in my field, and was then reprimanded for taking that flexibility as an employee; and was subsequently pushed into an 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM schedule, with a requirement that I be available on their internal social media platform at all times during those hours. Also, I was nickel and dimed for hours from my PTO bank for a dental emergency I had while working there.

5 people found this review helpful

VP, Internal Communications and Talent Strategy

Thanks for sharing your story. We’re disappointed to hear your experience didn’t align with the culture we try to create across the organization. We will keep your feedback in mind.

11. 4.0

Good Community of People, Needs Strategic Focus

Dec 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are generally positive and excited to do good work. Leadership cares about employees, beautiful work space, hybrid (half work-from-home, half in-office for most roles). Organization is maturing a lot and it's fulfilling to get to be part of the growth. Employees are encouraged to think creatively and continually improve work processes.

Cons

Senior leadership lacks strategic focus - trying to accomplish too many things at once which creates confusion and waste. Lack of patience, instead jumping from one shiny object to the next instead of staying focused to achieve meaningful change. There seem to be a dozen #1 priorities. Also not great leave for new parents.

1 person found this review helpful

Elevations Credit Union Response

Thanks so much for your feedback. We like to think that we have a strong, positive working environment, and it sounds like you would agree! We believe it is important to empower our employees and reward everyone for their hard work. We strive to improve daily and appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 90 Reviews
</>Embed

Elevations Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Elevations Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 96 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Elevations Credit Union to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Elevations Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Elevations Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

69% of Elevations Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Elevations Credit Union 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Elevations Credit Union to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with Elevations Credit Union Job Seekers