What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are great and good" (in 395 reviews)
- "Lots of great people working there and a decent place to get started in your career." (in 279 reviews)
- "They truly care for the well being of their employees and strive for a good work / life balance for their employees" (in 224 reviews)
- "Great Culture and very patient centered" (in 183 reviews)
- "Pay and conditions are good" (in 125 reviews)
- "Bad management causes best employees to leave for greener pastures." (in 114 reviews)
- "Way too many managers even with the deep cuts." (in 60 reviews)
- "Senior leadership and incentive packages" (in 44 reviews)
- "Lack of diversity and perhaps inclusion" (in 30 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs and restructures." (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Eli Lilly and Company and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 54 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "layoff"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jun 28, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
As a field sales representative you have a lot of independence and flexibility which is great if you are self motivated. If you like to develop relationships with people this is your job.
Tough industry to be in. A lot of govt regulations. Massive and unexpected layoffs.
- 5.0Nov 11, 2013Senior Sales RepresentativeCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearDetroit, MI
Really enjoyed my time at Lilly. Great products to sell. Supportive managers, who were interested in developing and coaching their employees. Good benefits. Salary was very decent inline with industry standards- maybe a little higher. Bonuses were paid.Big salesforce redundancy in June 2013. Employees given plenty of notice and support during this time. Bonuses were also paid out to departing staff.
Equipment slightly outdated- only recently went to iPads. Most of the saleforce layoffs occurred in June 2013 but remaining team is lean - budgets have been cut.