Eliassen Group Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

Pros
  • Nice work/life balance and flexibility (in 16 reviews)

• Great company culture, amazing people (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't expect a great base salary (in 6 reviews)

• The staffing world is a very fast paced/competitive environment and Eliassen is staying ahead of the curve (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company! Some room for improvement."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Of all the companies I have worked for, Eliassen Group without a doubt has been the best when it comes to treatment of its employees (Internal or consultants). Employees feel that they are a valued member, rather than a disposable resource, and management is very willing to understand and meet the needs of its employees, a trait not often found in a corporate environment. Eliassen Group puts a significant investment in their employees from the start, and develop their staff through a structured training program. Eliassen Group's consultant advocate program helps to understand the needs of its consultants, to help develop a better working relationship for future opportunities. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a company they can be happy to go to work!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company, but there are areas for improvement. Base salary for internal positions is below average for the industry, but a strong comp plan and bonus opportunities early on can help gap the distance before too long. The resource specialist training program is still relatively new, and has a lot of room for improvement to be more efficient. With some adjustments, this program could be outstanding, but still is a great program/resource that many companies do not provide for their new hires. There often seems to be a disconnect between the corporate office and local offices, often operating on different agendas.

Advice to Management

Management should be more receptive to feedback when it comes to its new hire training program. While the program is still new, it should be able to adapt as it becomes a more established practice. From feedback sessions and conversations with internal employees that have gone through the program, it is apparent that concerns and feedback have fallen on deaf ears, and the program structure ultimately remains up to the preferences of those who run it. While many of the employees in this program are in the early stages of their career, they still can bring valuable feedback to the table, and management should not write off this feedback.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eliassen Group has a great environment, amazing teams, helpful hands, and with the twist of competition. They go the right way to train you and make you into a technical recruiter. An environment that drives and motivates you.

Cons

nothing negative to say about Eliassen Group.

May 17, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback!

"Lacks Diversity and company culture"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For someone fresh out of college they offer a fairly good training program to get your foot in the door to staffing. They send you to the headquarters in Wakefield, MA. Here you will get basic training in sales/recruiting and the way the industry works. You will also get other perks like dinners and drinks, team outings, and outings to various sports events.

Cons

My main issue with this company is the lack of diversity and the fact that in 2017 they have no company culture geared toward fostering that. The demographics of the leadership team says it all, there is no diversity on the Executive team. How can a company make executive decisions about the various people that work there if they are not seated at the table? Granted, I understand that the company doesn't have much diversity, and probably doesn't see this as an issue. But if you want to attract and keep a diverse staff you are going to have to look into the leadership you have, on all levels. My specific office has a huge issue with deciphering between what is appropriate communication for a work setting. The office didn't always lack diversity and yet when I started there were no minorities on the sales or recruiting team. There were multiple instances of comments and actions that caused me to leave this company. I just cant see myself working for or with people who are insensitive to others and cant ask themselves; "would that be appropriate to say?"or "would they get offended if I said that?" or "let me call this person by their real name and not the only other black girls name" and then laugh about it.
    But on to the actual office culture:
    BORING. Can you imagine spending 9 hours a day in a cubicle talking to no one around you. No one talks to each other, even at our recruiter team lunches where we sit in silence with an occasional convo here and there. The office feels more like a call center, sit down keep your head down and dial. Honestly, the toughest part of the job is not having actual team mates and people who you talk with and can even hang out with outside of work.
    I do want to mention I am not saying the people that work here are bad people, I just think some training needs to be introduced to help people think better.

Advice to Management

Invest in diversity training, from an external company. Look into the fact that your office not only has high turnover, but also lacks diversity. We are in the DC area and the office demographics does not match the demographics of this area.

Also, the company culture is great in the headquarters, this needs to be translated better into other offices.

May 22, 2017 – Benefits & HR Manager

Diversity and Inclusion are important to Eliassen Group and something that we regard as a journey to constantly improve upon, with no end in sight. With fourteen office locations around the country ... More

"Awful, vindictive Management and Culture"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly I enjoyed my 5+ years with the company but can no longer recommend this company to anyone for consulting or fulltime employment.

Cons

Management is vindictive and corrupt.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror...its unreal how you treat previous employees and current.

May 15, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Eliassen Group was not what you had hoped for towards the end. That said, we work hard to foster an open, transparent workplace culture that empowers ... More

6. "Right Out of College- Opportunities and VALUED as an Employee"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Eliassen right after my college graduation, I was worried that like most companies, I wouldn't have a voice or be considered an important part of the team. That is completely inaccurate here, the CEO and President take the time to understand your wants and needs and help you grow as an employee. The attitude of the team here is... exceptional. I feel so valued and enjoy coming to work each day.

Cons

You run your own desk here. If you aren't responsible or able to keep up with your work, you risk falling behind. If you stay on top of it, you won't have an issue succeeding here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. The training, the one on one time-- all so helpful.

Feb 27, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We are very proud of our challenging, fast-paced and collaborative work environment so we're excited to hear that it's resonating with you. ... More

7. "Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After recently graduating college I was lucky enough to land a job at Eliassen Group. From day one the entire team has been incredibly helpful and supportive. Between the training provided and the support of my team I was able to make an immediate impact in the company. Eliassen Group truly cares about their staff which starts at the top and works it's way down through every employee at the company.

Cons

Management tends to allow you to run your own desk the way you want without micro-managing. If you do not hold yourself accountable and stay on top of your work it would be easy to fall behind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is clear that you appreciate your staff and as a result they definitely appreciate everything you do for us.

Mar 6, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and we are excited to hear that you're enjoying your position at Eliassen Group!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

Pros

I have been with Eliassen for two years. Prior to this I worked for 4 years for one of largest IT staffing company. That company was very much metrics oriented and I felt more like a number and an individual contributor. Eliassen Group is completing different in all the right ways. It is not uncommon to share your idea's or thoughts with the President or CEO. And It's not uncommon to hear from them about how great of a job you or your team is doing. Eliassen has a great family based and team culture. There is a hollween parade for the childern to come dressed in costomes. It's a great work environment with fun internal competitions and goals. Amazing Comp plans and no glass ceilings! Fun Friday’s in the summertime months (6 hour work days) and Eliassen sponsored social sport teams. Great outings with your office and regions. Field days! There is also a lot of room to grow in the company because we are growing faster than the average IT staffing company. We have Monthly Recognition Meeting. It is a staffing company so it is a work hard play hard environment, but when all your teammates are focused an driven as well it’s not hard to keep focused and place people.

Cons

None, that I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 7, 2016 – Content Marketing Manager

This is great to hear - thank you for sharing your experiences and some details about the Eliassen Group company culture and work environment. It's definitely a place where we work hard and play ... More

"It's still great!"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for over a year now and things have only gotten better. The motto is "one team" and I couldn't agree more. My fellow recruiters and account executives collaborate extremely effectively and efficiently together. We all have each other's best interest at heart and the same goes for leadership. You don't feel or get treated anymore or any less just by title and feedback is not only welcomed, but they hear you and will handle it accordingly.

Cons

Initially, I thought the base was too low and that this was the negative; however, the uncapped commission potential truly allows you to earn a lot more money here than you can in any other staffing agency. (There is no con or negative statement I can say about Eliassen)

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing!

Sep 1, 2016 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback! And hearing that "things have only gotten better" is fantastic. We hope you continue to enjoy your role and the company culture at Eliassen Group!

"Staffing Done Right"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Employee-centric culture: great work-life balance and perks including President's Club, onsite HQ training, casual Fridays, relaxed summer dress code, free parking, free snacks (maybe a beer here & there), employee events, etc.

Great work-life balance: metrics incorporated to leave early on summer Fridays.

All the tools you need to be successful are provided.

Strong regional and branch-level leadership as a support mechanism, no micromanaging. Employees are left alone to do what they do best.

Team Leads are always willing to help, train, answer questions.

Competitive culture without the politics or backstabbing that can be common in other agency environments.

Professional team atmosphere, everyone working together to meet goals.

Excellent communication between recruiting and account teams. Not a lot of time wasted on unresponsive clients or unreliable consultants.

Commitment to customer service and ethical treatment of consultants and clients.

Total transparency around goals, metrics, strategy.

Commitment to philanthropy, employees are encouraged to give and the company matches donations. Time off for charitable functions.

Fun!

Cons

It's agency recruiting, which comes with the standard set of frustrations: Changing priorities of clients, consultants who can be unpredictable, high expectations, lots of competitors, etc. If you can't handle that, this isn't the business for you. But if you can, this is a great place to be doing it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Aug 2, 2016 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback. This is super helpful for anyone who is considering a career with Eliassen Group!

"Want to Feel Appreciated? Come to Eliassen!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

Pros

Employee appreciation and recognition is unparalleled. They are always looking for new ways to celebrate everyone's success and consistently making their employees feel appreciated. In this competitive environment Eliassen is still able to promote Teamwork and appreciation for peers.

Cons

The staffing world is a very fast paced/competitive environment and Eliassen is staying ahead of the curve. Eliassen is not for the lazy or unmotivated.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees.

Apr 13, 2016 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for the great feedback! We completely agree that it's so important to invest in our employees, provide a supportive and challenging work environment and recognize hard work. We will continue ... More