Eliassen Group Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Don't expect a great base salary (in 6 reviews)

• No cons working at Eliassen Group (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great team and culture!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had little experience with technical recruiting when I started here, but the support and hands on training I received got me ramped up extremely quickly.

It is a positive culture where everyone celebrates your wins and there’s always someone there to help you out or teach you something new. Being a sponge and coming in with an open mind has allowed me to be extremely successful.

Cons

I've had a very positive experience thus far!

Jan 23, 2018 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to hear that you continue to learn and grow in your career!

2. "Exciting time to be a part of Eliassen!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very aggressive pay structure
    Company is growing like crazy
    Direct access to managers/directors
    Tremendous training program for junior recruiters
    They look to hire good people, not just good sales people

Cons

Not really any. There was some uncertainty after the merger, but they've been good about communicating next steps and I think we're in a better position than before the merger with PSG.

Advice to Management

Keep being as open and direct as possible with your employees.

Jan 23, 2018 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for your comments! We're so happy to have you on board and look forward to an awesome 2018!

3. "Eliassen Group - Supportive, Fair, Fun"

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We recently went through a merger with Eliassen Group. I partnered closely with EG to help migrate our internal systems, provide communication strategies, change management, and training for all of our legacy employees. Both legacy teams partnered brilliantly for a smooth transition. You have a direct line to C-Level executives and feel supported. Change is scary, but I feel supported, heard, and like I have a positive future.

Cons

Simply just a learning curve. Change is good!

Advice to Management

Continue clear, concise directions to Director and Lead level Management so we execute your vision correctly.

Jan 17, 2018 – Content Marketing Manager

We truly appreciate your feedback! Change is good and provides so many new opportunities - we are excited for what comes next and glad to have you on board!

4. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

Good leadership, fun atmosphere, challenging

Cons

have to work a lot of hours

Jan 15, 2018 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback...we understand that there are certain market drivers that sometimes call for additional hours. Please always feel free to discuss these with your manager.

5. "Awesome place to work and thrive"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for 6-months now and it has been a great experience. Everyone is super helpful and they put you in the best position for you to succeed. Awesome leadership and training throughout the company!

Cons

There are none that I can think of

Advice to Management

None really, they all have been great

Nov 27, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We really appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your position at Eliassen Group!

"Great place to start a career"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Awesome environment with great support from Mangement
    - People want you to succeed and they will train you on how to be successful
    - Great Base Salary + Commission
    - Transparency and Honesty within the whole company
    - When the President and CEO go out of their way to introduce themselves as resources and on top of that remember your name...that speaks volumes
    - Work / Life Balance
    - Good company culture

Cons

-It's sales...If you don't have a passion to succeed then chances are you won't

Advice to Management

- Don't stop innovating

Sep 25, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Great feedback...thanks for posting!

7. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Eliassen Group right after I graduated college and it's been a great experience. Adjusting from being a student to a young professional was a big transition to me, and all of the training at Eliassen Group helped make it a very smooth switch. The training was very thorough and everybody was extremely welcoming and willing to help whenever I had questions.

Cons

I have experienced no downsides to working at Eliassen! I would highly recommend Eliassen to anyone looking to work in a positive, team-oriented environment.

Sep 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback and the recommendation! We couldn't agree more.

"Looks can be deceiving"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eliassen has a new space which looks great. They offer some great training and they have a great commission plan. Some of the people who work here are amazing.

Cons

No matter what you read in other reviews do not let them deceive you. When you first enter Eliassen as a new employee everything is shiny and new so the CEO personally asks you to write a review while things are good- hence the 4.3 rating. This company has a HORRIBLE Culture. One thing that they do not want to admit to themselves. Only one woman in upper management, no diversity within the company, and no way to grow once you have become a "senior recruiter". They play favorites and once you aren't one of them you are out. They tell you we aren't a metrics based company and that it is all performance based which is a huge lie. People yell at each other every morning meeting and the negative attitude that looms around the office is based on the fact that no one feels safe about their job security. Eliassen has had a great past but the future looks inadequate.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees more about what is going on. Do not just hammer them with a metrics meeting every month. Promote some women into upper management instead of just men who fit into your "boys club". Take a deep look at your culture and please realize there is something wrong!

Aug 9, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback. We certainly do not disagree with you that Eliassen Group expects a lot from its employees; we believe in hard work that involves strong performance against... More

9. "Great company! Some room for improvement."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Of all the companies I have worked for, Eliassen Group without a doubt has been the best when it comes to treatment of its employees (Internal or consultants). Employees feel that they are a valued member, rather than a disposable resource, and management is very willing to understand and meet the needs of its employees, a trait not often found in a corporate environment. Eliassen Group puts a significant investment in their employees from the start, and develop their staff through a structured training program. Eliassen Group's consultant advocate program helps to understand the needs of its consultants, to help develop a better working relationship for future opportunities. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a company they can be happy to go to work!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company, but there are areas for improvement. Base salary for internal positions is below average for the industry, but a strong comp plan and bonus opportunities early on can help gap the distance before too long. The resource specialist training program is still relatively new, and has a lot of room for improvement to be more efficient. With some adjustments, this program could be outstanding, but still is a great program/resource that many companies do not provide for their new hires. There often seems to be a disconnect between the corporate office and local offices, often operating on different agendas.

Advice to Management

Management should be more receptive to feedback when it comes to its new hire training program. While the program is still new, it should be able to adapt as it becomes a more established practice. From feedback sessions and conversations with internal employees that have gone through the program, it is apparent that concerns and feedback have fallen on deaf ears, and the program structure ultimately remains up to the preferences of those who run it. While many of the employees in this program are in the early stages of their career, they still can bring valuable feedback to the table, and management should not write off this feedback.

Jun 2, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that your overall experience with Eliassen Group has been positive. We always encourage open, honest feedback about our Resource Specialist Program... More

10. "Eliassen Group"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Eliassen Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, amazing people. There is a great work life balance, you aren't micromanaged and its a work hard play hard environment. It is a great team atmosphere and everyone is willing to help each other out.

Cons

None that I can think of

May 31, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for the fantastic feedback!