Eliassen Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

Pros
Cons
  • Don't expect a great base salary (in 6 reviews)

• The staffing world is a very fast paced/competitive environment and Eliassen is staying ahead of the curve (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working for this company. Prior to coming to Eliassen I worked for a competitor and I had reservations about making the move. I can say that for me and my career it could not have worked out better. This company is making waves in the market, we are growing and there is no end in sight.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep being aggressive, keep hiring talent, keep opening geographies.

Jun 9, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We really appreciate your feedback - we're super excited about our growth and the fact that we're now "Coast to Coast!"

2. "Great company! Some room for improvement."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Of all the companies I have worked for, Eliassen Group without a doubt has been the best when it comes to treatment of its employees (Internal or consultants). Employees feel that they are a valued member, rather than a disposable resource, and management is very willing to understand and meet the needs of its employees, a trait not often found in a corporate environment. Eliassen Group puts a significant investment in their employees from the start, and develop their staff through a structured training program. Eliassen Group's consultant advocate program helps to understand the needs of its consultants, to help develop a better working relationship for future opportunities. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a company they can be happy to go to work!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company, but there are areas for improvement. Base salary for internal positions is below average for the industry, but a strong comp plan and bonus opportunities early on can help gap the distance before too long. The resource specialist training program is still relatively new, and has a lot of room for improvement to be more efficient. With some adjustments, this program could be outstanding, but still is a great program/resource that many companies do not provide for their new hires. There often seems to be a disconnect between the corporate office and local offices, often operating on different agendas.

Advice to Management

Management should be more receptive to feedback when it comes to its new hire training program. While the program is still new, it should be able to adapt as it becomes a more established practice. From feedback sessions and conversations with internal employees that have gone through the program, it is apparent that concerns and feedback have fallen on deaf ears, and the program structure ultimately remains up to the preferences of those who run it. While many of the employees in this program are in the early stages of their career, they still can bring valuable feedback to the table, and management should not write off this feedback.

Jun 2, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that your overall experience with Eliassen Group has been positive. We always encourage open, honest feedback about our Resource Specialist Program ... More

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eliassen Group has a great environment, amazing teams, helpful hands, and with the twist of competition. They go the right way to train you and make you into a technical recruiter. An environment that drives and motivates you.

Cons

nothing negative to say about Eliassen Group.

May 17, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback!

"Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Eliassen Group has been a very positive experience for me. Most importantly, I love the team that I work with here in Baltimore. We've built a special team that supports one another and works hard to grow this office together and compete with/push each other on a daily basis. The leadership team is supportive, knowledgeable, present and most importantly has our backs. They're definitely responsible for the culture that's been built here. We work hard and celebrate our successes. The company is also strongly focused on helping us advance in our careers and taking it to the next level whether you want to advance into leadership or grow within a single discipline. Nice work/life balance and flexibility. Having worked for other companies in the industry, the compensation plan is highly competitive and you can certainly achieve you personal/professional goals here.

Cons

I've enjoyed my time here at Eliassen - no stand out Cons to speak about

May 8, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We really appreciate your feedback. Eliassen Group takes great pride in our company culture - it's very important to use that all employees feel valued, can pursue and achieve their career goals and ... More

"Lacks Diversity and company culture"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For someone fresh out of college they offer a fairly good training program to get your foot in the door to staffing. They send you to the headquarters in Wakefield, MA. Here you will get basic training in sales/recruiting and the way the industry works. You will also get other perks like dinners and drinks, team outings, and outings to various sports events.

Cons

My main issue with this company is the lack of diversity and the fact that in 2017 they have no company culture geared toward fostering that. The demographics of the leadership team says it all, there is no diversity on the Executive team. How can a company make executive decisions about the various people that work there if they are not seated at the table? Granted, I understand that the company doesn't have much diversity, and probably doesn't see this as an issue. But if you want to attract and keep a diverse staff you are going to have to look into the leadership you have, on all levels. My specific office has a huge issue with deciphering between what is appropriate communication for a work setting. The office didn't always lack diversity and yet when I started there were no minorities on the sales or recruiting team. There were multiple instances of comments and actions that caused me to leave this company. I just cant see myself working for or with people who are insensitive to others and cant ask themselves; "would that be appropriate to say?"or "would they get offended if I said that?" or "let me call this person by their real name and not the only other black girls name" and then laugh about it.
    But on to the actual office culture:
    BORING. Can you imagine spending 9 hours a day in a cubicle talking to no one around you. No one talks to each other, even at our recruiter team lunches where we sit in silence with an occasional convo here and there. The office feels more like a call center, sit down keep your head down and dial. Honestly, the toughest part of the job is not having actual team mates and people who you talk with and can even hang out with outside of work.
    I do want to mention I am not saying the people that work here are bad people, I just think some training needs to be introduced to help people think better.

Advice to Management

Invest in diversity training, from an external company. Look into the fact that your office not only has high turnover, but also lacks diversity. We are in the DC area and the office demographics does not match the demographics of this area.

Also, the company culture is great in the headquarters, this needs to be translated better into other offices.

May 22, 2017 – Benefits & HR Manager

Diversity and Inclusion are important to Eliassen Group and something that we regard as a journey to constantly improve upon, with no end in sight. With fourteen office locations around the country ... More

6. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staffing & consulting industries are exciting places to work. There are a million great opportunities for people, and Eliassen sets the foundation really well for both recruiters and account executives. If you work smart, you can make a really good living with this company.

Also, the new corporate office in Reading is wonderful. Great furniture, views, food and office layout! It really is a nice place to go to work.

Cons

The staffing industry is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Apr 25, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying the new location, too.

7. "Great Agile Consulting Company"

Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Scrum Master in Reston, VA

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company pays a lot of attention to keeping their consultants happy. I was always supported by Eliassen Group while I was at my client. They give opportunities to you to enhance your experience by enabling you to teach workshops/trainings.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

I hope you continue to support your consultants the way you do now!

Apr 26, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

"Awful, vindictive Management and Culture"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly I enjoyed my 5+ years with the company but can no longer recommend this company to anyone for consulting or fulltime employment.

Cons

Management is vindictive and corrupt.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror...its unreal how you treat previous employees and current.

May 15, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Eliassen Group was not what you had hoped for towards the end. That said, we work hard to foster an open, transparent workplace culture that empowers ... More

9. "I had high hopes, turns out to be better than I expected!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, Diverse Client Base = plenty of opportunity, stability, small company feel

Cons

None that I can see so far

Advice to Management

Keep the entrepreneurial spirit that has driven the company to where it is today

Apr 6, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for the fabulous feedback! We really appreciate it.

10. "Great & Rewarding Place To Work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive comp structure, Strong leadership team that welcomes and implements ideas/feedback, Fun culture, Challenging work that is rewarding, Professional and personal growth

Cons

The consulting world and the inherit challenges associated with this work is for people with an entrepreneurial spirt. If you follow the training, the plan, and advice from leadership while working hard, you will be successful and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep driving a great culture.

Mar 27, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your feedback! So glad to have you with us!