Eliassen Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Eliassen Group CEO Dave MacKeen
Dave MacKeen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Nice work/life balance and flexibility (in 17 reviews)

• Great company culture, amazing people (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're used to a 100% commission role, the percents Eliassen offers might be hard to swallow - keep in mind the base salary though (in 7 reviews)

• The staffing world is a very fast paced/competitive environment and Eliassen is staying ahead of the curve (in 5 reviews)

1. "A Terrific Place To Work with Unlimited Professional Potential"

Current Employee - Vice President in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eliassen fosters a culture of performance, innovation and team work. There is an incredible amount of excitement and energy as we continue to grow the business and take market share from our competition. Our team is highly dedicated, supportive and full of top performers in the industry. Whether you are part of the executive leadership team or an individual contributor, our goals are the same; to work hard, give back to our community and have boatloads of fun doing it. I truly couldn't be happier or ask for a better environment to fulfill my personal and professional goals.

Cons

We need more top performers to handle our growth!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Resource Specialist"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-great coworkers, work environment
    -opportunies for growth
    -good team bonding activities such as red sox games
    -good commission plans and ability to make money

Cons

-cold calling can take a little while to get used to
    -meeting metrics takes hard work

Advice to Management

more positive feedback and encouragement

3. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Eliassen Group right after I graduated college and it's been a great experience. Adjusting from being a student to a young professional was a big transition to me, and all of the training at Eliassen Group helped make it a very smooth switch. The training was very thorough and everybody was extremely welcoming and willing to help whenever I had questions.

Cons

I have experienced no downsides to working at Eliassen! I would highly recommend Eliassen to anyone looking to work in a positive, team-oriented environment.

4. "Great support from a temp-to-hire company."

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fought for me each step along the way from salary, travel, and day-to-day support.

Cons

The family health benefits are expensive, but fairly typical for a temp-to-hire company.

Advice to Management

Thank you!!!

Sep 7, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback!

5. "Used to be great, but culture taking a MASSIVE downturn in the last 8 months..."

I worked at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great marketing pitch to get you to join, full of terms like "one team" and "collaboration".

Some really smart people work here.

Generally treat consultants very well - above and beyond most staffing companies.

Generous 1 year draw for new professional hires.

Cons

Only the top 5 sales people are making any real $$$.

Internal sales tool is hilariously outdated and lacks core functionality.

The smart people who work here unfortunately have no say in fixing poor processes.

"Metrics for metrics sake" seems to be the corporate strategy rather than revenue - result is that morale is in the toilet.

Used to be a caring culture where management considered impact to employees, (or actually asked them what they thought) - that seems to have gone completely out the window.

Different offices operate by different sales rules / people in similar positions compensated differently depending on where you sit.

CEO Dave MacKeen is a really nice guy - but is seemingly out of touch with what lower level employees are experiencing.

Advice to Management

Continuous influx of executives and people from KForce are changing Eliassen from a collaborative, unifiedHAPPY team culture to one purely driven on a seemingly endless supply of new daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly metrics. The result is that they're essentially marching towards a bad Robert Half / KForce clone and continue to lose quality employees. I'm sure this isn't the culture that Mona Eliassen intended when she founded the company.

There's a huge amount of redundancy in multiple MULTIPLE mandatory manual reports and meetings for information that could easily be seen in a simple report request from the internal sales tool.

There's a great deal of fear, stress, mistrust, rumor mongering in the culture today - elements that weren't there a year ago. My advice would to put in an anonymous hotline / email where serious complaints can be escalated up to upper management.

Bring back the "one team" caring, collaborative culture and tone down on the forced metrics, and you'll have happy engaged employees again.

6. "Intern review"

Current Employee - Intern in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Intern in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group part-time

Pros

I really enjoyed the work environment, all the employees are so friendly and welcoming. Upper level management is awesome, they don't act like they do not have time for interns. Nothing but good things to say about Eliassen Group

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one

Aug 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your internship with us - good luck with senior year!

"Best of what's out there"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very strong earning potential - best commission plan I've seen.
    Work with some fun people - I have a lot of friends I see outside of work.
    Good college grad program for new recruiters breaking in.
    Beautiful new space - they've invested in the offices which is great.
    They want you to develop, and grow; if you're not... it might be on you.

Cons

It's a grind, and the base salary isn't anything to live off of. You're going to need to work hard. Some people can get caught up in the drama, but that's everywhere/anywhere in this industry.

Advice to Management

I really like it here, but do we need 15+ Vice Presidents for a company this size? Focus more on the 2-4 year employees who have EARNED that next step. Don't be afraid to look at what your competition is doing correctly and mimic it. And seriously... raise the base salaries.

Aug 22, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your candid feedback and agree that it takes a lot of hard work to drive our business. We believe in hard work that brings great reward and these rewards can take various forms: the... More

8. "Eliassen Group - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time

Pros

Great place to learn the staffing business and build a network of associates. Very well run and financially strong company. Growing with lots of opportunities to impact as a new employee. Strong commission plan and opportunity make a lot of money in a great industry.

Cons

Not really any that I can think of... Perhaps not a place for everyone. If you want to just hang out 9-5, this is not the place to be..

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...

Aug 4, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate the great feedback...thanks!

"Looks can be deceiving"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eliassen has a new space which looks great. They offer some great training and they have a great commission plan. Some of the people who work here are amazing.

Cons

No matter what you read in other reviews do not let them deceive you. When you first enter Eliassen as a new employee everything is shiny and new so the CEO personally asks you to write a review while things are good- hence the 4.3 rating. This company has a HORRIBLE Culture. One thing that they do not want to admit to themselves. Only one woman in upper management, no diversity within the company, and no way to grow once you have become a "senior recruiter". They play favorites and once you aren't one of them you are out. They tell you we aren't a metrics based company and that it is all performance based which is a huge lie. People yell at each other every morning meeting and the negative attitude that looms around the office is based on the fact that no one feels safe about their job security. Eliassen has had a great past but the future looks inadequate.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees more about what is going on. Do not just hammer them with a metrics meeting every month. Promote some women into upper management instead of just men who fit into your "boys club". Take a deep look at your culture and please realize there is something wrong!

Aug 9, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback. We certainly do not disagree with you that Eliassen Group expects a lot from its employees; we believe in hard work that involves strong performance against... More

10. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, MA

I have been working at Eliassen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eliassen Group is always looking to be one step ahead. So many great people with excellent ideas. They invest in their employees, you are not just a number here. For the back office they do quarterly and annually recognition's which is great when you are in a Staffing and Consulting services company. The culture at EG is one of the best!

Cons

Salaries. But you are constantly learning and they always look to add in extra perks!

Advice to Management

Keep thinking outside of the box and make sure you are always communicating with the EG family.

Jul 31, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We greatly appreciate your feedback - thanks for sharing!