Elica Health Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finance"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team work is the best

Cons

Missing a clear communication the leadership

2. "case manager"

I worked at Elica Health Centers full-time

Pros

the only pros were patient interactions and actually making a difference.

Cons

The absolute worse place to work. Elica’s mission statement is “healing with heart” however, the way that upper management practices and the way they run the company is quite the opposite.

There is much favoritism amongst the management who runs each office and they can get away with anything. I honestly don’t know why they were even given leadership roles because they are no where close to being qualified.

There would be employees getting fired left and right for questionable acts, and also dedicated employees (who followed the mission statement) were fired because others felt threatened by them or they wanted to change the company for the better. Any deviation from what the CEO wanted was never taking into account. They always talked about changing the culture; however it was all talk.

Medical Assistants and some providers were completely unprofessional and violated HIPPA daily.

I can go on for hours and write paragraph after paragraph on how horrible this place is, but hopefully whoever is reading this gets the point.

PLEASE RUN

Advice to Management

Follow through with your mission statement, appreciate your employees, hire professionals who are qualified for the positions you place them in.

3. "Like the people here"

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team is very help ful

Cons

Pay rate is too low

4. "Front Desk"

I worked at Elica Health Centers full-time

Pros

low wages, has 1 year salary review policy

Cons

Good Benefits, good colleagues

"Run. Away. Fast."

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are great to work with!!

Cons

For a health care company that caters to the refugee, poor and homeless, it's NOT about healing with heart, it's about the money.

Advice to Management

If it's not about the dollar, they won't pay attention anyway.

6. "Not a great place to work"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alot of nice employees. It's senior management that is the problem.

Cons

The COO mistreats alot of people unless they are her friends that she brought in from previous company. Compensation is not very good, I pay alot of money for benefits for my family. Alot of favoritism, nepotism, and negativity. Raises never to rarely. Alot of management complain that they don't get raises when promoted. Highest turnover rate I have ever seen in my life from a company I've worked with. If I could give senior management 0 stars I would.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff well, give raises once in a while, pay people for the job they do, and you may see an improvement in turnover rate.

7. "More like "Helica""

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Health insurance unless you have dependents. Dependents triple the cost.

Cons

Negative work environment, poor treatment from management, no annual raises or raises with promotions. Elica has never been a great place to work for most employees. It is a good place to start out and learn from mistakes. Elica does not pay employees well. Getting a raise is like pulling teeth, and Elica does not provide raises for people after being promoted unless you are a friend or family of management. There has been a recent change in COO and CEO which has changed Elica for the worse which I didn't think was possible. The new COO has harassed many supervisors and other employees and bullied them to quit so that she could bring in employees from her previous company and paid them all double what previous supervisors were being paid(all in the six figures) which in my opinion is alot for a "non profit" organization. Meanwhile, employees who have been there for several years and are barely making it by and can't get a raise even if they have been promoted. I would not recommend this company for anyone who would like to be treated with respect, anyone who would like annual raises, or anyone who expects a raise with a promotion. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. If I could have given a 0 star review I would have.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. With such a high turnover rate, the focus should be on keeping current employees. Treat them well, give them a raise once in a while. Show them that they are important. If you promote an employee, give them a raise. Show that you appreciate your people and maybe they will stay for a while!

8. "Zero star review is more appropriate"

I have been working at Elica Health Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Not a good one but it might pay a phone bill and maybe Netflix.

Cons

Where do I start. The C.O.O is fake and the most horrible person I have ever met. Think of the movie horrible bosses and multiply that by 100. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Employees are discriminated against is they don't meet a certain demographic requirement. Employees do not get raises if they are promoted unless they meet a certain demographic. There is discrimination, favoritism, garbage pay, poor treatment, and dishonesty. This company does not care about their employees. All they care about is getting patients in and out and don't care if the patient gets proper care. See other reviews on this clinic online. Patients don't even like Elica.

Advice to Management

Get some training on how to treat employees. People are treated better and receive better pay working drive through at a burger joint.

9. "Terrible place to work - slave labor comes to mind....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Elica Health Centers (Less than a year)

Pros

many hard working staff members

Cons

Corrupt executive leadership with nonexistent board oversight. The C-Suite is at the mercy of their leader.

10. "Representative"

I worked at Elica Health Centers part-time

Pros

There are no pros at all

Cons

A lot of issues happening

Advice to Management

Clean up