Elie Tahari Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Elie Tahari Chairman & CEO Elie Tahari
Elie Tahari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Clothing allowance, that's about it" (in 56 reviews)

• "Sinking is inevitable, but you'll learn a lot while doing so" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The frequent change in upper management and lay-offs in later years caused low morale" (in 24 reviews)

• "There is absolutely no leadership to follow" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic team, good clothing benefits, great location.

Cons

None I can think of at present.

Advice to Management

Value hard working employees as they are your biggest assets.

2. "Stay away"

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you genuinely enjoy your position/role..

Cons

Where to begin..

-Nepotism is the name of the game.
    -Incredibly high turnover and uncertainty leads employees to become aggressive, chaotic and overall a poor work environment with no opportunity for growth.
    -Long overtime hours, little to no work life balance.
    -Higher ups with the ability to mentor and train instead bulldoze those below them to remain at the top.

3. "It was Okay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

flexible hours, easy to pick up

Cons

change in manager causes poor judgement

4. "Absolutely Ridiculous! STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clothing allowance, that's about it

Cons

Upper management, lack of staffing and people. Complete lack of honestly and communication from all upper management

Advice to Management

Stop dragging out the inevitable and just let this company go bankrupt already

5. "It is a good company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay was great
    the hours was good

Cons

needs better communication in corporate

"Horrible place to work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Not even the clothing allowance was good. The only thing was the pay. But I still regret coming here

Cons

If you’re not a family member or close family friend, you won’t survive here. I regret leaving my previous job to come here. I was full time and didn’t even receive health benefits until I was being terminated. If your don’t make your goals ( which is next to impossible because Elie TAHARI himself approves random people taking home 10k worth of free clothes and don’t have appropriate size runs for clients because everyone is too busy pulling from the store instead of the warehouse) you’re out. If you make ONE mistake , you’re gone. The corporate office and HR are horrible. If you’re considering joining the company - DONT. PLEASE BELIEVE ALL NEGATIVE REVIEWS. Don’t bother with this company. It won’t last another couple years.

"WORSTTTTTTTT PLACE EVER"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time

Pros

NONE AT ALL, the morale is terrible

Cons

Most of those good reviews are lies! I’ve never heard nothing good about this company. If you work for this company, get out! Run! No growth! You sell your soul for this company and get nothing in return! Corporate is the shadiest of all shades! Something evil and greedy about this company and the family that owns it (which by the way isn’t helping the company) . You literally feel beat, every day. You hit your goal and it’s still not good enough and you don’t make your commission because their constantly changing your numbers. Oh! Let’s not forget about the material, the clothes are cheaply made! Clients know the difference Elie! Working in this store feels cheap. Doesn’t feel high end. That one star I gave, Elie Tahari doesn’t even deserve that!

Advice to Management

You won’t last long, they will fire you! Just wait 3 months!

"Sad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time

Pros

The teams in the retail stores are committed to telling the story of Elie Tahari. It's unfortunate that the corporate leaders do not share this sentiment.

Cons

A sad company to work for. Corporately they are a mess. The Warehouse guy runs the stores and HR has no clue, including HR leadership. They have no email profession or retail skillset. You will feel as if you're working in the stone ages with the lack of professional decorum.

"Worst Company Ever Worked For"

I have been working at Elie Tahari part-time

Pros

There are no Pros to working for this company

Cons

Horrible corporate. Private company and friends and family of owner run the show even if they are not even qualified. Nepotism is the norm here. Family members will visit stores and harass the associates making it awkward for the customers who are shopping. The commission structure is flawed and very difficult to really make any in the higher volume stores. Sales Associates have to compete with managers to make their numbers. There is a general fear that you will be fired if you miss your numbers including managers which does not foster a team environment even if management wants one. Instead it creates a fend for yourself environment where nobody feels valued by the company no matter how well they do their job. Good managers are let go and constant revolving door.

Advice to Management

It is a waste of time to give any because it falls on deaf ears. The company will never be good when the owner and family are involved. Lack of appreciation and feeling like your employees are items you own instead of hard working people will never allow this company to be a good place to work.

10. "I am proud to be part of such a special brand"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Elie Tahari for over 5 years and I have had a great experience and have met many very talented people. Mr. Tahari is a legendary designer, and I love that he is with us everyday - he is hands on with everything, and helps the team do their best.

The company has consistently given me the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand my career.

We have a great work environment with supportive leadership. There are of course challenges like anywhere, but management's positive energy and good communication helps for an easy transition.

I am proud to be part of such a special brand that has stood the test of time and continues to produce beautiful collections for our loyal clients. In this moment of big transformation in the industry, the detail and creativity of our collections are successfully inspiring a new generation of client.

I recommend working here if you would like to be challenged and learn with some of the best in the industry.

Cons

We should work to further reduce turnover.