Elior Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 175 reviews

Elior CEO Phillipe Guillemot
Phillipe Guillemot
Pros
Cons
  • "quents, charge de travail selon les p(in 5 reviews)

• "Long hours no appreciation from management and lots of back stabbing from management(in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Experience"

I have been working at Elior full-time

Pros

Pretty much everything. Great benefits available, good work/life balance for the industry, senior management is approachable and interacts regularly with mid and lower-level management on an individual basis.

Cons

Pay is low for hourly employees, so it's difficult to find good help in an age of $11/hr Walmart jobs. This is pretty much a criticism that can be made toward the entire food service industry as a whole though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Elior2018-06-03

October 1, 2018Elior Team Member

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the time you’ve spend giving us feedback as this helps our business to improve standards and learn. If you would like to discuss any of the points raised confidentially please email me directly sarah.lomas@elior.co.uk.

2. "Manual Processes"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Elior

Pros

Company culture and good compensation

Cons

Very manual processes, minimal communication

Elior2019-07-10
  3. "Stay Away From This Company"

Former Employee - Food Service Director in Memphis, TN

I worked at Elior full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Employees that work for you

Cons

Workload, Micro-Managed, No Bonus (as promised), No company car or phone (as in company hand-book), Poor Training

Advice to Management

Don't try to pin your company downfalls on the person you hired to fill the position, Quit micro-managing and Never try and rule by intimidation. Come through with bonus promises everything the company handbook promises to managers.

Elior2019-05-29

"I've lost all respect for this company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at Elior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people in individual departments. Lots of free food.

Cons

Upper management and HR are completely out of touch. I worked here for over 18 months and during this time, reached out to HR multiple times for change of address. They never reply to emails or phone calls. Here I am, nine months after leaving Elior, with no tax forms because they never changed my address. Bear in mind, relocation was part of accepting this job, yet they never seemed able to change my address. I was unable...

Advice to Management

Take a step back from the rigid guidelines and structure and embrace individuals needs. Take time to understand factors outside a person's control which contribute to job absence. I just want to let this company know my family has almost lost everything in the past nine months of unemployment. I was a committed employee and saved the company MILLIONS of dollars on more than one occasion, but none of this mattered when...

Elior2019-02-11
  5. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Elior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance and company culture.

Cons

The company had normal challenges of a rapidly growing organization

Elior2019-01-24
  6. "Good pay for Redfield"

Current Employee - Lead Cook in Redfield, SD

I have been working at Elior full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people,huge kitchen,A client baced food service.

Cons

Company insurance, not free ,no overtime.

Elior2019-01-20

"Terrible leadership"

Former Employee - Food Service Director in Canton, OH

I worked at Elior full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with at your facility if you are lucky to get a good group

Cons

No training and blamed for everything based on your lack of training

Advice to Management

Try actually putting people in a position to win instead of letting them fly blind with no support and then hold them accountable for things they were never even told about. I actually had my new boss tell me “ call me if you have any questions or if you need anything” and then immediately follow that up with “ you shouldn’t have to be told what to do you should figure it out if you don’t know”. What a joke.

Elior2018-05-30

8. "Server"

Current Employee - Food Server

I have been working at Elior part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours, Good Management,

Cons

Corporate can be very stingy sometimes,

Elior2018-03-07

October 1, 2018Elior Team Member

9. "Supervisor of Dining Services"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Brunswick, GA

I worked at Elior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty good pay, fair benifits

Cons

Management is incompetent and unprofessional. They listen and play into gossip with employees, Never, ever tells anyone they did a good job or even thank you. People are treated like they don't matter......they do!

Advice to Management

Get it together, grow up and act like a professional!!!! Listen to all sides of a story and don't play favorites. Treat employees with respect.

Elior2018-04-05

October 1, 2018Elior Team Member

"This company is the worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Elior full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My co-workers were great. Miss them! Loved the customers. Miss them too.

Cons

Company is too big and not run effectively. The district manager was a incompetent. He didn't do his job. Often wouldn't know what to do and would make us figure it out. If it went well he took all the credit and if it went badly you got thrown under the bus. He would lie to you about other employees and was dumb enough to think we didn't speak to each other. Made him look like a complete idiot. Never got my breaks and...

Advice to Management

I would give them advice, but they don't care enough about their employees to listen.

Elior2018-02-04