KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Eliot Management Group Reviews

Updated Sep 2, 2021

Found 201 of over 206 reviews

3.4
Eliot Management Group President and CEO Eric Barth (no image)
Eric Barth
Pros
  • "EMG truly cares about their employees(in 12 reviews)

• "Support from Corporate to expedite deals through our system to eliminate merchants down time(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "We are helping these business owners to become more financially independent and knowledgeable regarding merchant services(in 14 reviews)

• "Company treats sales reps like trash(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Low Pay

Jun 6, 2021 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team sometimes help each other

Cons

Low pay, long hours, ineffective training. Boys club environment

Director of Brand Strategy

At EMG, we value all of our employees and work hard to ensure our employees have the best opportunities possible. As part of that guarantee, we provide full paid training as a kick-start to your sales career. This sales role is a commission-based position and as a salesperson, you are required to attain and follow-through on your own leads. Our pay schedule is based on the deals you submit, and payout is issued when deals are approved and then again when installed. At EMG, we strive to ensure our employees and customers are satisfied. We invite you to call us to discuss your experience, 817-310-8212. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would not recommend

Sep 2, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Commission, benefits, friendly staff

Cons

The compensation plan was frequently changed, even changed in the middle of month so the manager could deny bonus even if you met all requirements. They tend to only hire temps so that they could use them, not offer benefits and leave them jobless for any call off. Recruiting manager will harass you at work and long after you no longer work there. They refuse to put things in writing, just word of mouth.

Director of Brand Strategy

We apologize that you had a poor experience with Eliot Management Group. At EMG, we value all of our employees and work hard to ensure our employees have the best opportunities possible. We strive to ensure our employees and customers are satisfied. We invite you to call us to discuss your experience. 817-310-8212 . We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

3. The latest conversations about Finance

4. 5.0

Sales Representative

Apr 6, 2021 - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

No limit in earnings potential

Cons

For me follow up with customers

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun environment to work, but be careful!

Apr 14, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Fun, friendly environment from your home office to the corporate office. + Support is almost always available from veterans and managers. + Many opportunities for rewards and bonuses just based on performance, often in an easy, fun, game format. + Eventually able to work from home. + Many senior employees have been there 10+ years.

Cons

- Most days equate to working at a call center where you are spam-calling businesses. - Little room for advancement. - Position was advertised as Salary + Uncapped Commission until the interview, where they changed it to 100% Uncapped Commission. - More concerned with keeping things "as they have done" than legally following what is right and fair.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Executive

Mar 23, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great leadership

Cons

you get out what you put in

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Proceed with caution

Mar 24, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Usually understood family needs and would work with you if you needed time out.

Cons

Management is not fair, favoritism was very real.

8. 1.0

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

Feb 23, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, I could not tell you a pro.

Cons

This company is a HUGE scam. Worst experience I have had working anywhere. Firstly, I worked at the Houston office recently for a month and a half. They compensated me around $50. It was a "sales" position and yet you have no control over whether you get paid or not because it is all up to the manager handling your sales. During my over the phone "interview" they made it clear that you get paid a base pay-- you do not. If you have plenty of time to put in 9 hour days into a company and not get compensated for it be my guest. I lost my apartment and had to move back home during a PANDEMIC because of this fraudulent company. Dont be like me. Avoid them and keep looking for a job. They will prey on you.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Brand Strategy

We apologize that you had a poor experience with Eliot Management Group. At EMG, we value all of our employees and work hard to ensure our employees have the best opportunities possible. As part of that guarantee, we provide 1-day of full paid training as a kick-start to your sales career. This sales role is a commission-based position and as a salesperson, you are required to attain and follow-through on your own leads. Our pay schedule is based on the deals you submit, and payout is issued when deals are approved and then again when installed. At EMG, we strive to ensure our employees and customers are satisfied. We invite you to call us to discuss your experience. 817-310-8212. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent

Jan 18, 2021 - Software Engineer Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay and good environment to work in

Cons

Hard to get in and I did not find myself there

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

EMG

Aug 24, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was an ok job, it's your typical sales job

Cons

Lots calling lots of driving around before your first sale, it's your typical sales job

11. 3.0

Aggressive Sales - just make the deal

Jul 24, 2020 - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Selling up to date technology - Need to meet aggressive goals - Leadership of Nic Burnhardt - great guy who transmits a lot of knowledge and support

Cons

Whatever it takes to make the deal Huge rotation, using new people and keep residuals in house Tough to make it in their current environment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Reviews