Elitch Gardens Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "loved it!"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

met great friends. great job to have during the summer and even during the school year. the benefits are also great.

Cons

at times you might get sent home b/c they are over staffed. you are gonna have to deal with guests that are really rude.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun
    Get to Meet New People
    Parties Everytime You Pass Audit

Cons

Long Hours On Your Feet
    Supervisors sit around
    Lots of Guest Problems

Advice to Management

Make Sure Supervisors aren't playing on Phones
    Supervisors should be DOING THEIR JOBS!!!!
    Be attentive to the lifeguards
    Have better customer service

3. "Easy going and very fun!"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Agent in Denver, CO

I have been working at Elitch Gardens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work environment with very clear responsibilities. The training is all on the job, but does not take much effort to learn.

Cons

I have found no cons as of yet with this job. I am highly satisfied with everything I have seen, and am happy to work here.

4. "Bitter-Sweet Work Experience"

Former Employee - Retail Team Member in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Retail Team Member in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my co-workers and my supervisor. The customers I helped everyday were amazing and I had little to no issues with them.

Cons

I don't know if this is still an issue but when I worked there (2014) I had a very hard time with management. They were demeaning, rude, and very inconsiderate. I was stationed in the water park so the hours weren't as long as the rest of the establishment. My supervisor once called me in every day that week because no one was coming in either on time or calling in sick. I worked from open to close everyday and I never got a positive comment from the management. At the end of the week I was counting my drawer getting ready to turn it in when I took out my phone to check them time to write on my clock-out sheet. Management just so happened to walk in, saw my phone, and wrote me up for having it out. I explained to them the situation and they didn't care. That was the biggest downside in working there. If they fix that issue, it would be ten million times better.

Advice to Management

Applaud good behavior. I felt that when I worked there that there was a lot of discipline but not enough encouragement.

"Worst Place to work for"

Former Employee - Administrative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its an amusement park that you get to meet some disney channel stars at at times.

Cons

Beyond "old school" with everything they do. Afraid of change. Misogynistic upper management. Dirty and disgusting and don't care about actual problems in the park. Horrible work with no respect. They lie and treat people horribly.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and get to the 21st century.

6. "My fun and educational first job."

Former Employee - Warehouse Team Member Summer Job in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Warehouse Team Member Summer Job in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was one of my first real jobs and I knew going in it would be a different environment of entertainment. I love roller coasters so it added extra excitement for me. First off as a warehouse team member your behind the scenes and have little interaction with guests. The warehouse team and manager were great and it was a laid back setting, but everyone knew what needed to be done and worked hard when needed. It was a different perspective of entertainment, essentially your responsible for food and beverage deliveries throughout the park. It's a lot of moving around, as opposed to standing at a ride for most the day. Another cool park of the warehouse job is most days you come in at 6:00 and leave at 2:00.

Cons

The main downside is you will be either working or interacting with teens who at times aren't component. For example ordering things they don't need.

Advice to Management

Warehouse operated fine, I would have management regulate stand orders better so team members aren't delivering unnecessary orders all day long.

"It's A Job- Move On"

Former Employee - Season Pass Team Member in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Season Pass Team Member in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing

by the time you earn those free comp tickets you'll hate the place too much to want to go on your day off

Cons

Everything is bad here

The park is ran by teenagers high on weed

Particular rides break every morning and they are glued back together before guest arrive

Your pay will be terrible, like salve wages

Your hours will suck

If you work at the denver location they have no concern for your safety. They make you enter and leave the park next to a shady train track where you might be raped, mugged, or killed or all three

The uniforms are ugly. Really turquoise, green, and red polo shirts?

Behind the food court there is a grease pit employees have to walk thru to avoid being seen by guests

The employee food court is food i wouldn't even feed my dog

Advice to Management

destroy this place!!!

8. "Okay"

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Elitch Gardens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a fun place to work and you get to be outside all day. You get to meet the most interesting people. Its a pretty good seasonal job.

Cons

The lack of staff. Near the end of the year there was barley and people left. Management always expected you to stay late and was ungrateful when you did.

Advice to Management

Value your people. Teamwork makes the dream work.

9. "Not a bad first time job"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for the food services department, and the co-workers you end up having in the area you work at will be the reason you won't dread coming to work much after you have settled in, at first it may be exciting but after a few weeks working there you'll get tired of the routines of cleaning and helping rude customers,etc. So co-workers and NICE supervisors will be your saviors. If you're a young teen, it's pretty cool to be around other teenagers and make new friends. There are times of being free from long lines of customers as well. Grabbing snacks along the day from the stand is nice too just make sure customers aren't watching and that your supervisors are cool with it. Also you can get some freebies here and there, and every month you get free tickets for your friends/family. As a team member your badge will be your season pass to go to the park on your days off if you wish to do so.

Cons

Sometimes the managers or supervisors can come off as mean and too strict about cleanliness and not being able to leave at the end of the day til every speck of dust is gone. Scheduling may also not be in your favors and you won't always have the same times, I've ended up having to close then open and close then open again. It wasn't nice not being able to get good rest that way. There is also some rude people in the checking in area that aren't nice but pretend to be sometimes. If you miss work a couple of days they'll be on your back, it's ridiculous. Customers also can ruin your moods quite quickly, I don't know why they expect so much from an amusement park food court. They expected high end, they expected too much from the young workers. They get rude, give attitudes and want things their way, you'll get easily annoyed by some so make sure you always have a co-worker by your side. Sometimes area supervisors weren't readily available when conflicts with customers arised either since they're running around to different places at times. Also you would think working in food you could at least get a free lunch but nope, not allowed and at the end a lot of things have to be thrown out and the "higher" people don't allow you to eat or take anything. Some cool supervisors won't mind as long as the mean managers aren't around. lastly they get mad about you taking weekends off or dates where there are events going on, its understandable but the penalties shouldn't get you scared to lose your job.

Advice to Management

Treat the workers in a nicer way. It's not a serious work environment so lighten up with how strict and how serious you take your job. They try to act like the parents but being that most workers are teens you know they won't be listening to every single thing so calm down with it. Make schedules flexible and acknowledge how far some of the workers live and their only way home is through bus/train. Free food/drinks would be nice too.

10. "I is a fun first job but not a career"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Elitch Gardens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun job
    Get to meet a lot of new people

Cons

Very Unorganized and they give more hours to their favorite employees.