Elite Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Improvements and Trying"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Elite Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really trying to make things better. Lots of improvements. Big changes in management. Big improvement in health benefits. Snacks in office. Special days where the offices get to do something fun together and educational.

Cons

There is no 401k Match but I think they may do it in coming years

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. "Excellent Place To Grow"

Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Elite Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Elite has been like a family to me since I began working there. Nothing but good memories. I learned a tremendous amount about business, people and the corporate environment. Great coworkers provided a fun, social and inclusive atmosphere while always getting the job done. C-Level Executives were always readily available if needed and had an open door policy which extended to all employees in the office. Will miss them all dearly and wish them nothing but future success.

Cons

I have no cons - Great experience overall!

Advice to Management

My only suggestion would be that moving forward there should be more opportunity to work remotely for roles that allow for such as it will benefit both the employees and the company.

3. "Assitant Recruiter"

Former Employee - Assistant Recruiter in Rockville Centre, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Recruiter in Rockville Centre, NY

I worked at Elite Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment where open communication between departments is encouraged.

Cons

No room or potential for growth.

"Marketing Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Elite Marketing Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and great earning potential if you work hard.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

"Should Have Been a Stepping Stone not a Career"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Elite Marketing Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Extremely flexible with schedule
    Learned a lot while I was there and was given the opportunity to lead projects.

Cons

Family owned and operated company where upper management was all part of the family. Management had no clue what was going on half the time. The owner's son moved up the ladder....quickly. Eventually landing the CEO position-- he couldn't be more removed and clueless of the people within the company and the clients they work for. This is not the environment for career growth -- no official organization chart, growth only came when employees left, titles came (with insufficient raise; merely smoke and mirrors to “ease” clients). Management was out to throw you under the bus to make themselves look better. No true leadership.

A blatant office relationship, between 2 C-Level Executives, was beyond inappropriate and made for an uncomfortable work environment.

Benefits were terrible. No 401k match. 14 PTO days. No work life balance and work you like a dog.

Advice to Management

Listen and respect your employees.
    Address situations right away.
    BE HONEST!

"Airport Sales representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Elite Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money great salary for open minded individuals.You truly have an excellent opportunity to make a Professional Salary easily if your an intelligent people person.

Cons

Sometimes challenging just as in any other sales position but the days always change so new prospects always opportunity at Elite Marketing.

Advice to Management

Keep making software and hardware computer equipment faster in stronger so we can get more clients through time management.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elite Marketing Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm currently an employee within the EXP division of Elite and have been here for over 5 years. I truly enjoy coming to work each and every day and collaborating with my colleagues on the various programs that I work on. Seeing campaigns come to life from the conceptualization stage to execution is quite rewarding and working together for the good of the client is what it's all about.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to share. Obviously it's work and I'd rather be on a beach somewhere, but aside from that I never get the Sunday blues.

"Regional Sales Director"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Elite Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great collaborative and progressive. This has been one of the best experiences working period.

Cons

Clients change contracts and budgeting will change sometimes month to month which is sometimes unsettling.

Advice to Management

Keep great people and you will never fail.

"title"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Elite Marketing Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to set schedule as needed, measured by production not hours per day.

Cons

Could not move up, too many obstacles in way of doing that.

Advice to Management

Hire more people that can do the job being asked of them.

"Horrible Job...Not a very good company"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I started recent work with this company because I needed another job to fill after a previous temporary one successfully ended. Supposedly the money is descent, coworkers and people are nice. The work environment is very nice located in an airport with lots of people to meet and encounter. If you are good at selling ..this case pitching delta sky mile credit cards on everyone.. and can confront or pitch to everyone who passes by you, if you can accept a lot of rejection, high stress and pressure than this could be good.

Cons

Elite Marketing Group, located in Ny City is like a telemarketing company only doing direct sales instead of calling the customer, or the customer calling in. They hire just about anyone who can stand out in front of a makeshift little kiosk on a hard floor for hours in front of everyone and throw vocal sales pitches to get passing customers in an airport to stop and sign up for credit cards. It's a tough job. If you have leg or knee or back issues..not good. I couldn't sit down or lean on anything. If you don't mind direct sales, pitching to strangers, being snob bed, ignored, rejected or even cursed at...then it's good. I figure that has to be a better way to sell these cards than vocally pitching to people...it was to me very humiliating and frightening I thought. No insurance or other benefits. No growth opportunity or chance of advancement. Your first check will be held for a month before you get it. Not to mention the uniforms we had to wear from American Express...so very unfashionable and unaesthetic. No wonder few people signed up!! Lol. People..customers are attracted to good looking things..beauty and people. If they really wanted a lot of customers to sign up and buy into it....they should have uniforms that are very esthetic and fashionable. People are attracted to this. The uniforms looked like rich preppy college kids with overt professionalism of the hard core sales person, rather than a fun uniform that truly allows for fun, openness and to do your best and so many customers to feel comfortable to approach you. Uniforms can be very unapproachable..even degrading to job performance. Or they can give the impression of being open, fun, cool and approachable.

Advice to Management

Management was ok. I think there are some serious issues they should strongly work on improving. My manager did not seem to interested in trying to resolve some things. When I mentioned some things, she would say she doesn't have time, or feels it was not important or put me off. Often talked with me in a debasing kind of way like I was a child. I think there is a lack of training between the employees and management..especially interpersonal communications. Definitely lacking. Business structure is something also to be desired. See above comments. I think there are much better ways and more effective ways to promote the sales of the sky mile credit cards then making employees stand up for hours to vocally pitch.