KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Elite Medical Scribes Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2022

Found 128 of over 136 reviews

2.6
Elite Medical Scribes President Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA (no image)
Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "We have an amazing culture, devoted trainers, advancements, and people who are really passionate about their goals.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Amazing people and great contacts for future(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is horrible.(in 22 reviews)
  • "The training is unpaid and includes weeks of online training and then on(in 11 reviews)
  • "Wages, shift times, lack of management transparency(in 8 reviews)
  • "9 hour shifts, no benefits, restricted number of hours (no more than 5 shifts every 2 weeks), strict attendance, unpaid training!(in 6 reviews)
  • "You will work extremely long hours.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company - at least at my site

Jan 7, 2017 - Emergency Medical Scribe in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Supportive work culture (additional training offered to trainees who are struggling) *Excellent training (both classroom + on-site)

Cons

*Very site-specific training, work culture, expectations, etc.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

good

Jun 22, 2022 - Medical Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

like my job. good people.

Cons

not enough money for my expertise

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Jun 10, 2021 - Remote Medical Coder in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good work/life balance

Cons

Poor management at times, no benefits

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Medical Scribe Review

Jun 11, 2020 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very easy and fast interview process.

Cons

Low hourly pay. Hours are not flexible.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Extremes in pros and cons

Sep 11, 2015 - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The experience that you get is extremely valuable. If you work in a teaching facility this value is multiplied, I believe. You learn medicine in whatever area you are working. You can network and build relationships with people that you otherwise would never have had opportunities to build.

Cons

People come and go all the time. The pay does not help keep employees - Scribe America pays more to their entry-level scribes than scribes Elite does to those who have been working for a year or more. This also affects the number of hours I have to work. One week I could work 1 shift and in 2 weeks I could have 4 shifts in the same week- it can be hard to predict what other work I will have to do to supplement my income. Sometimes as a scribe I feel that I am at the mercy of the management, as things could change at the drop of a hat - things seem that they need to stabilize at the top before making changes over and over again.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience for those interested in medical, PA, or nursing schools

Feb 28, 2015 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to be immersed in a healthcare environment and to develop a clear understanding of the roles that physicians, PAs/NPs, nurses, and ER techs take in patient care. Thus, this is an excellent job for college students and post-bac students who are interested in applying to medical school, PA programs, or nursing programs. - Development of patient history and medical terminology skills, which will be valuable for those interested in medical careers - Flexibility with scheduling shifts around classes and other obligations

Cons

- Pay is a bit low (slightly above minimum wage) but considering that you get more valuable experience than you would as just an unpaid hospital volunteer, it's decent for pre-health students. I accepted this position for the experience to be immersed in the healthcare environment. Don't expect to financially support yourself just on this job alone. - Training is unpaid, and HR no longer partially subsidizes travel expenses during training - Corporate and HR parts of the company are a bit bureaucratic and often require excessive paperwork during the application/training process. I was asked a couple of times to fill out and fax/scan paperwork on very short notice and with a short turnaround time. - Because of the "credentialing process" (essentially a detailed background check) required at hospitals, it takes 2-3 months between receiving the job offer and officially beginning on-site training.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent First-Impression, Unparalleled Clinical Opportunity

Jul 21, 2015 - ER SCRIBE in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was recently hired as an emergency room scribe with Elite Medical Scribes, and my impression of them thus far has been nothing but positive. The company is committed to providing the highest quality service to physicians, and as such, is invested in the growth, success, and satisfaction of EMS employees. This commitment has been evident in my interactions with the company throughout the hiring and training process. Unlike my experience with other scribe company interviews, where weeks would pass between interviews and communications, Elite Medical Scribes has been prompt in all correspondence. The hiring process has been expedient and uncomplicated and training, while extremely thorough, can be completed in several weeks if given attention and focus. Yes, this is a minimum wage position; however, for entry-level individuals pursuing medical education and careers in healthcare, there are few professional opportunities that provide this degree of clinical exposure and experience. I am of the mentality that if one is truly committed to a career in medicine, working long hours, nights, and weekends with minimal compensation comes with the territory, and is important to grow accustomed to. I find the compensation to be appropriate based the job qualifications. On a more trivial note, scribes get to wear scrubs (at least at my location), which I consider a huge plus.

Cons

No negative experience to date

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Accountability, Tenacity, Positive Attitude and Hard Work Make a Difference Here

Dec 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working hard, sharing ideas, having a positive attitude and thinking outside of the box pay off big with leadership and your success at Elite. I started out basically at an entry level and made goals, took constructive criticism, learned from my mistakes, started sharing my ideas with a positive attitude towards progress and my hard work has paid off with moving up in the company. An employee here does not have to agree with everything, but it is important to have positive and constructive feedback and ideas when you don't agree - if that happens, you will go FAR!

Cons

Elite still has some growing pains, when a company is growing not everything can be super predictable - new locations open, new positions are created and processes change. Elite communicates and educates on changes well, but a person with our company MUST be adaptable! I don't recommend a position with our company for people that like predictability.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Terrible Company. Stay Away.

May 30, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for experience in the medical field, a medical scribe position will definitely grant it. Learning from Drs, RNs, techs, etc is priceless and limitless.

Cons

Let me repeat myself. If you're looking for experience in the medical field, a medical scribe position will definitely grant it. HOWEVER, choose another medical scribe company. Choose one that is well-established and actually has good reviews. If you're in college or have a college degree, don't embarrass yourself and join this company for crappy pay ($8.83 hourly). You're better than that. 100 hours (50 online, 50 on-the-job) are also unpaid. In addition, the company is HIGHLY disorganized. The President and Vice President don't do anything. HR has gone to ****. Recruiters have no idea what they're doing and pretty much hire people for the sake of hiring. I was contracted with this company for a little less than one year and decided to quit because I just couldn't deal with them anymore. I'll miss the hospital and staff greatly, but it's time to move on. They're also very much aware that this company probably shouldn't exist or at the very least change it's name from Elite Medical Scribes to Worst Medical Scribes. I don't recommend this company to anyone. Well folks, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible company! Do your research!

Feb 16, 2015 - Scribe in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. Awful company. CEO/leadership is very disingenuous

Cons

very low pay, no respect from headquarters, awful hiring practices, bias

10 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews

Elite Medical Scribes Reviews FAQs

Elite Medical Scribes has an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5, based on over 136 reviews left anonymously by employees. 41% of employees would recommend working at Elite Medical Scribes to a friend and 31% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Elite Medical Scribes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 1.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Elite Medical Scribes. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

41% of Elite Medical Scribes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Elite Medical Scribes 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Elite Medical Scribes to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be benefits, management, culture.

Popular Careers with Elite Medical Scribes Job Seekers