KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Elite Medical Scribes

Is this your company?

Elite Medical Scribes

Add a Review

Elite Medical Scribes Employee Reviews about "nursing"

Updated Jan 20, 2017

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 136 of over 136 reviews
2.5
40% Recommend to a Friend
40% Approve of CEO

Found 1 of over 136 reviews

2.5
Elite Medical Scribes President Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA (no image)
Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "We have an amazing culture, devoted trainers, advancements, and people who are really passionate about their goals.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Amazing people and great contacts for future(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "nursing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing opportunity for students interested in healthcare professions!

Mar 30, 2015 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a medical scribe provides the opportunity to learn first hand from talented physicians. As a scribe you document each patient encounter from start to finish. I personally worked in the Emergency Department and was able to witness a variety of patients and illnesses/conditions. Working as a medical scribe gave me an advantage when starting medical school courses and confidence when interacting with patients. Elite gives online and in-person training. This allows you to become comfortable with the material during the online training, and then benefit from one-on-one training in your actual location. The one-on-one training did not finish until I was comfortable working on my own, which was a great plus! The training definitely prepared me for working in the fast paced Emergency Department. Elite provides constant feedback, which as a scribe allows you to improve continuously. The physicians you work with appreciate the hard work that you put in during every shift in order to make their lives easier. Physicians are extremely happy with the ability to have all charts completed when their shift is over. You also form great relationships with these physicians, which can make for great letters of recommendation when applying to professional schools (medical, physician assistant, nursing, etc.). Elite also offers opportunities for career advancement within the company. There are numerous positions that scribes can attain, moving up through the company. These positions are both local and across the country, providing something for people of all interests.

Cons

The major downside of being a scribe for Elite Medical Scribes was eventually having to leave for school. Even though I am now in school, I definitely miss being in the hospital and working as a scribe.

2. 2.0

Traveling Scribe Trainer

Jan 20, 2017 - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the positives about working at Elite, has nothing to do with how the company is run. Assuming that you are interested in med/PA/nursing school, you get invaluable experience working in a variety of different medical settings, from surgical specialties at top university hospitals to rural ER/family practice clinics. Plus you get to work closely with doctors (letter of recommendation!), as a scribe and a project manager. Traveling on someone else's dime is a nice perk. Elite covers airfare, rental car, housing, and a small per-diem. I worked in the South, New England, and the Midwest, which are all areas I have not really visited before and it was relatively easy to set aside some time to go explore.

Cons

This part of the review is if you are thinking about being a traveling scribe trainer. If you are interested in being a scribe I say go for it, you don't have to interact with Elite as much and you get that much needed clinical experience. Otherwise, read on. Elite is located in Minnesota and in my 1.5 years with the company, I was never invited to the headquarters or got a chance to put a face to the names from all the emails I was getting. This created a divide between those of us on site and those at HQ. We would have a remote conference most weeks, but it was mostly just orders from on high. When we brought up issues about inefficiencies/bottleneck issues, we would get a half-assed response, which would cause more problems. When we talked about our needs (constant traveling takes a toll) and advocated for benefits, they would just give a vague "we will look into it". Upper management seemed to become a little vindictive after I brought up some of these issues. I would get in trouble for trivial things, such as turning in a report a few hours late, a report that was due on a Sunday, and they seemed to single me out for the team's actions. It was difficult to bridge the divide that was initially set up by the nature of remote work. Also a high turnover rate is expected in the scribe business, as people leave to go to school, so I think that gave Elite a reason to treat us as expendable pawns and they don't really try to hide it. In my time with Elite I had 4 different bosses and 4 different HR managers, only 1 of whom left to go to school. It boils down to poor management. Like I said above, there are things I enjoyed as a scribe trainer, which have nothing to do with Elite and everything to do with the doctors, hospital admin, and scribes that I worked with, but I hated the job when I had to deal with the company. To be fair, I got a lot of grief from one manager in particular, who is no longer with the company, and there are good people at the company. However, a lot of the problems stem from upper management, so I don't see the underlying issues go away.

3. 2.0

Emergency Dept. Scribe at large Twin Cities hospital

Sep 8, 2016 - Product Surveillance Analyst II in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great way to network with/obtain letters of recommendation from physicians, physician assistants, nursing staff, etc. - Great way to expand your medical terminology - Great way to observe procedures and learn if medicine is right for you - Great way to learn to quickly create a differential diagnosis and flesh out medical decision making - Great way to obtain skills relevant to almost ANY future career goal (attention to detail, time management, communication, etc.)

Cons

- Absolutely disgraceful pay for 4-year graduate students - Expectation to consistently work nights/weekends/holidays - Expectation to work with providers that have voiced they DO NOT want to work with scribes, thus making your shift with these providers dreadful/awkward for both parties - Expectation to be able to train new employees after having only worked for the company < 6 months - Employee reviews/feedback is largely negative

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0

Inappropriate Management

Dec 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to get some great experience working for Elite. By this I am referring to the experience with the physicians and nursing staff, NOT any experiences I had directly with Elite.

Cons

Easy to get hired, easy to get promoted, and as soon as your opinion doesn't match that of senior management, you're blacklisted. Spent months on the road at a time, being shipped around the country with no word on where I was going next until the last possible minute. Pay for the job I was doing was fine, except there were no benefits offered and my position was full time. The company is large enough that federal regulations require benefits to be offered to full time employees. Questions to HR about why I had no benefits were constantly answered with "we're looking into it." HR changes constantly, from the day I was hired until the day I left I had 4 HR directors. Frequent changes to the organizational structure, which did nothing to combat the issues. Recruiting team members would send interviews my way for candidates who were either completely unqualified, lived over an hour from the location, or were great candidates but they hadn't mentioned the unpaid training during the first interview so when I spoke with them I had to tell them this. Of course most of them bailed the minute they heard that, wasting at least 10 hours of my time a week on pointless interviews. Senior management will always look for someone to blame for everything rather than taking it on themselves when it was their decision. I was thrown under the bus on several occasions for things I wasn't even involved with.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience for those interested in medical, PA, or nursing schools

Feb 28, 2015 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to be immersed in a healthcare environment and to develop a clear understanding of the roles that physicians, PAs/NPs, nurses, and ER techs take in patient care. Thus, this is an excellent job for college students and post-bac students who are interested in applying to medical school, PA programs, or nursing programs. - Development of patient history and medical terminology skills, which will be valuable for those interested in medical careers - Flexibility with scheduling shifts around classes and other obligations

Cons

- Pay is a bit low (slightly above minimum wage) but considering that you get more valuable experience than you would as just an unpaid hospital volunteer, it's decent for pre-health students. I accepted this position for the experience to be immersed in the healthcare environment. Don't expect to financially support yourself just on this job alone. - Training is unpaid, and HR no longer partially subsidizes travel expenses during training - Corporate and HR parts of the company are a bit bureaucratic and often require excessive paperwork during the application/training process. I was asked a couple of times to fill out and fax/scan paperwork on very short notice and with a short turnaround time. - Because of the "credentialing process" (essentially a detailed background check) required at hospitals, it takes 2-3 months between receiving the job offer and officially beginning on-site training.

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 English Reviews