KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Elite Medical Scribes

Is this your company?

Elite Medical Scribes

Add a Review

Elite Medical Scribes Employee Reviews about "positives"

Updated Jan 20, 2017

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 136 of over 136 reviews
2.5
40% Recommend to a Friend
40% Approve of CEO

Found 2 of over 136 reviews

2.5
Elite Medical Scribes President Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA (no image)
Yuriy Vasylenko, MBA

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

13h

an

Occupational Therapist

I left my previous employer citing personal family issues. They were toxic, I honestly wasn’t sad to leave. Now one week later, they text me saying they heard I’m working at a hospital in the area and “tell me it isn’t true.” Im not working there… but weird they would say that? And I don’t even want to answer but I also don’t want them to hate me and ruin my reputation as a therapist in this small town. Im still onboarding at my new job. How do I respond?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "We have an amazing culture, devoted trainers, advancements, and people who are really passionate about their goals.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Amazing people and great contacts for future(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is horrible.(in 24 reviews)
  • "The training is unpaid and includes weeks of online training and then on(in 12 reviews)
  • "Wages, shift times, lack of management transparency(in 8 reviews)
  • "9 hour shifts, no benefits, restricted number of hours (no more than 5 shifts every 2 weeks), strict attendance, unpaid training!(in 6 reviews)
  • "Pay is a bit low (slightly above minimum wage) but considering that you get more valuable experience than you would as just an unpaid hospital volunteer, it's decent for pre(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "positives"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Traveling Scribe Trainer

Jan 20, 2017 - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the positives about working at Elite, has nothing to do with how the company is run. Assuming that you are interested in med/PA/nursing school, you get invaluable experience working in a variety of different medical settings, from surgical specialties at top university hospitals to rural ER/family practice clinics. Plus you get to work closely with doctors (letter of recommendation!), as a scribe and a project manager. Traveling on someone else's dime is a nice perk. Elite covers airfare, rental car, housing, and a small per-diem. I worked in the South, New England, and the Midwest, which are all areas I have not really visited before and it was relatively easy to set aside some time to go explore.

Cons

This part of the review is if you are thinking about being a traveling scribe trainer. If you are interested in being a scribe I say go for it, you don't have to interact with Elite as much and you get that much needed clinical experience. Otherwise, read on. Elite is located in Minnesota and in my 1.5 years with the company, I was never invited to the headquarters or got a chance to put a face to the names from all the emails I was getting. This created a divide between those of us on site and those at HQ. We would have a remote conference most weeks, but it was mostly just orders from on high. When we brought up issues about inefficiencies/bottleneck issues, we would get a half-assed response, which would cause more problems. When we talked about our needs (constant traveling takes a toll) and advocated for benefits, they would just give a vague "we will look into it". Upper management seemed to become a little vindictive after I brought up some of these issues. I would get in trouble for trivial things, such as turning in a report a few hours late, a report that was due on a Sunday, and they seemed to single me out for the team's actions. It was difficult to bridge the divide that was initially set up by the nature of remote work. Also a high turnover rate is expected in the scribe business, as people leave to go to school, so I think that gave Elite a reason to treat us as expendable pawns and they don't really try to hide it. In my time with Elite I had 4 different bosses and 4 different HR managers, only 1 of whom left to go to school. It boils down to poor management. Like I said above, there are things I enjoyed as a scribe trainer, which have nothing to do with Elite and everything to do with the doctors, hospital admin, and scribes that I worked with, but I hated the job when I had to deal with the company. To be fair, I got a lot of grief from one manager in particular, who is no longer with the company, and there are good people at the company. However, a lot of the problems stem from upper management, so I don't see the underlying issues go away.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

People of ethnicity are not accepted at Elite

Aug 1, 2016 - Corporate Office in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Elite tries to pride themselves on being inclusive to all, but it simply isn't the case. Positives here are that they have entry level people trying but they provide no respect.

Cons

Elite discriminates against individuals of ethnicity. They refuse to hire corporate team members who do not fit culture which is a male of Caucasian decent. Their leadership team will go out of their way to single you out if brought into the company and will directly target you to make you leave. The proof is in their numbers and was told by others that it was happening to them as well. They are not good to people and it's surprising that a company in 2016 is able to get away with this behavior.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not a great place to work.

Jul 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The positives about this job are that you get to work with dynamic people who are all doing this for experience. Keeps the day interesting.

Cons

The job itself isn't so bad, it's working for a place that doesn't value people. Everyone is replaceable and their turnover is very high. No one cares about the scribes, I mean no one. Leadership is all about themselves and they don't do any development. Scribes aren't allowed breaks and the training ends once you are done with your online lectures. Very unorganized and I feel bad for people coming to my site as they are usually burnt out in a month.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not worth it

Mar 9, 2016 - Scribe in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't any positives to working here. I would not recommend it.

Cons

The recruiters will tell you what you want to hear to get you started on unpaid training. Once you've already invested time in training, they will change your hours to nights and weekends for the same $7.50/hour. They also don't give you a straight answer on how long it really takes to get started working. The training takes about a week, but after that, the paperwork takes at least another month. I realized that any company that doesn't require in person interviews (like Elite) is not worth your time. If you really want to scribe, apply to a different company and save yourself some time and frustration. I have talked to other scribes that make closer to $10/hr and their training is paid.

5 people found this review helpful