Elite SEM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Ben Kirshner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited PTO, free lunch, free dinners if you work late, annual corporate retreat (in 32 reviews)

• Don't think unlimited vacation and flex hours are an invitation to work less than 40 hour weeks (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons that I can think off (in 10 reviews)

• Company is currently going through completely normal growing pains for a small business that had rapidly grown in previous years (in 4 reviews)

"Hands down, best organization I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Elite SEM is by the far the best organization I've ever worked for. From the top down, they truly value both clients and employees, and the way the organization is managed exemplifies this on a regular basis. Other organizations I have worked for claim to value culture, employee satisfaction, work life balance, etc. but the day to day actions do not support this. Elite SEM goes above and beyond to ensure employees are happy, by providing incredible benefits, perks and opportunities for flexibility, all while creating an atmosphere were individuals feel they have opportunity to consistently grow and learn. I'm very happy to be employed here and would highly recommend Elite SEM.

Cons

The only con, and I wouldn't even necessarily classify it as a con, is that the organization is growing quickly and in some areas, there is not currently the infrastructure or process to support this. This is consistently being addressed but does require some level of patience and flexibility.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - you really make Elite SEM an excellent place to work and consistently show that our core values really are the foundation of this organization.

2. "Incredibly Lucky to be Part of This Amazing Company"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership with a culture/people first approach.
    Flexibility on wfh and hours.
    Trust with employees
    Open and honest communication style
    The talent is top notch

Cons

We're going through some growing pains so that can be challenging, but I know we're going to come out better than ever.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing. I've never seen leadership like this before. You've created something special.

3. "Best Place To Work x1000"

Current Employee - Account Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Management is very understanding, they encourage you to put your family first.
    2) Everyone in the company is true to our core values. Your co-workers want the best for you and will do their best to see you progress.
    3) You are encouraged and expected to be the best that you can be.

Cons

....... (cricket)
    maybe... I'm not sure, I'll get back to you on that...

4. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule (working from home, unlimited vacation days)
    Casual and fun work culture
    Learning and education is encouraged
    Chasing passion projects is encouraged
    Great people

Cons

Typical agency cons (if you've worked for an agency or in digital marketing, you likely know what this is like) although leadership does a great job of providing great work - life balance

Advice to Management

Keep being ambitious and focused on keeping the culture intact, as this has seemed to really pay off throughout the company history

5. "Love this place"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is phenomenal, relaxed where it needs to be (employee/employer interaction, generally fun, etc.) but is also coupled with people who are intensely passionate about and skilled in what they do. A 'work hard, play hard' company. Easily the best company I've worked for to date.

Cons

I'm sure I'll find some, but so far so good!

6. ""It's Better Than Other Agencies""

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy - I was awarded a lot of freedom at Elite. Freedom to manage accounts/campaigns as I saw fit. At Elite, the core belief is that this autonomy will result in the best performance for clients and more money in your pocket. This autonomy allowed me to learn a lot and I think ultimately progress a lot faster than I would have at another agency with more structure and oversight. I’m very thankful for the opportunities/experiences I had at Elite.

People - I had great managers during my time at Elite. They were both incredibly supportive of me as I learned the ropes and were tremendous resources throughout my time there. I also really enjoyed working with my peers in SF. They are a great group of people, which is a testament to Elite’s focus on culture/fit.

Transparency - Senior leadership made a concerted effort to share information about the agency as a whole, like earnings, forecasts, etc.

Cons

Career Opportunities - No clear career path (people often start as an intern/analyst, then to manager, senior manager, etc.), I'm talking more about expectations set to employees about what qualifies or is deserving of a promotion (i.e. what’s really the difference between an AM and a Senior AM?)

Compensation - Senior leadership is crystal clear when it comes to Elite’s unique compensation model, it's not for everyone. Expect a small base salary and a small book of business. Both of which resulted in volatile monthly income (at least in SF). On top of that, AM’s are asked to help with proposing/pitching/closing new business (which is a huge time suck from your normal day-to-day responsibilities) and you see no reward when the deals do close.

Work/Life Balance - I acknowledge that organization/prioritization are a huge component of the AM/AA roles. It’s a skill I continue to develop. That being said, I was working weekends and late nights regularly to satisfy client needs. Clients are often told AM’s are available at any time.

Advice to Management

Try to understand [and if already understood, communicate better] the affect geographical markets have on an individual contributor's ability to grow with their office and with the company. It was next to impossible to forecast my own earnings [much of which was a result of "commission"], and that was ultimately too stressful while living in the most expensive city in the country.

Hire devoted sales people for new business. Stop asking AM’s to do everything and expect nothing in return. At the very least, cut AM’s a piece of the pie.

I also never got the sense SF was a priority. Leadership rarely made trips to the SF office, and their comments when visiting made you think they'd rather not have an office in this city [we get it, it's expensive]. I’m sure the East Coast offices benefit from leadership’s presence and guidance, and it seemed as though the West Coast offices didn’t have that nearly as much during my time there.

7. "Good company, great benefits, friendly people"

Former Employee - Shopping & Feed Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Shopping & Feed Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Elite SEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a supportive culture - management and coworkers care about your success and want to make sure you thrive. Solid benefits package. You will learn a lot about the industry

Cons

Long hours, workload can be stressful

8. "BEST. COMPANY.EVER."

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time

Pros

The flexibility and autonomy are unlike any other company I have ever worked for. It's really refreshing to run your own day.

Cons

It would be nice to have people more centralized, but being spread out is what has made us flexible.

"Company above the rest"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is people-focused first. Throughout the entire organization, there is a shared team mentality of people looking out for each other and clients.

Cons

Company gives you as much flexibility as you need - for some, this style does not work.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep transparency and open communication

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, challenging, rewarding, fun.

Cons

There are no cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.