Elite SEM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ben Kirshner

Pros
  • What company gives their employees unlimited vacation time and free lunch everyday (in 26 reviews)

• As long as the quality of work is high and timely set with appropriate expectations, your work/life balance will be optimal (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Having a number of growing pains, one being lack of communication (in 3 reviews)

• I don't think anyone here isn't an workaholic, which makes it hard to separate work from life (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited vacation and sick time, paid lunch every day, relaxed working environment, a steady flow of training (including newly launched Elite Academy!), great people who are welcoming and always willing to help.

Cons

I have been here for three weeks and I can honestly say I have not found anything wrong with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's great to work at a place that greatly values their employees. Culture is important to me and management has something amazing here with the way they encourage training, personal time, and helping others.

2. "Not your average Agency..."

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Anytime you work in the client services industry, there will be bad days. However, Elite works to make even the "bad" days feel okay. From perks like unlimited vacation, gym stipend, flexible work hours, and compensation structure, agency life doesn't feel so monotonous at Elite. Management consistently receives feedback from coworkers and employees, truly creating great lives for great people.

Cons

It's an agency- you deal with clients, there can be weeks with a lot of work...

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees!

3. "Better than I could have expected"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-the people. So friendly, so willing to help when you have a question, funny, genuinely just enjoy being around them and getting to know them
    -flexible work hours- you decide when you work best
    -work from anywhere! If you want to visit a friend in another city- stay the whole week and work out of that city- you really CAN work wherever you want!
    -company annual retreat- a chance to get to know people out of the office. Fun opportunity to meet people that work in different offices too!
    -perks! unlimited vacation- you don't have to obsess over whether or not you can take 2 days or 3 days over the holiday- you get to decide what works best for you and your workload.

Cons

-Being all across the country can be difficult especially with three different time zones
    -It is hard to develop relationships with people that work in different department than you. However, isn't that the case at ALL companies?
    -The flexibility can make setting boundaries tough. Because you choose when you want to work and the number of hours you want to work I find myself working MORE than I did at a more traditional company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Seek feedback, listen to your employees, make changes when things aren't working and visit offices so that we all get to interact with you. :)

5. "One of the best agencies ever"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elite is a place that regardless of level or role, you have impact on the company and it's growth. It's a company that truly values it employees, and lack the red tape and the heartless of other agencies. Communication from the top down, and from the bottom up is encourage, open, and honest.

Elite provides flexibility for their employees knowing that people love their jobs, but want to live full lives also.

Cons

We have a lot of offices, and a lot of divisions so communication can be a challenge. However, we have a lot of video conferences, and slack that has helped with that.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to change as you continue to grow.

6. "Best Work-Life Balanace"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work remotely
    Unlimited PTO allows you to take time as needed for personal or family reasons
    Great coworkers always willing to help and support
    Ability to find and make your own career opportunities
    Like working with one big family

Cons

What Cons? I honestly can't even think of anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great management comes from great listeners and I honestly feel like I'm being heard

7. "A great place to have a career, not just a job"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been the first job in my career that I feel at home in my role and feel the true value I am adding to a company. Everyone at the company is passionate about what they do and it's energizing to be around and work with. It's truly a great place to work and has changed my life for the better.

Cons

It's hard for everyone to be so spread out across the US, but we do a good job at keeping connected.

"Best Career Decision I've Made"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, where upper management really does care about its employees. They are there for you whenever you need them. All you have to do is ask.

Anything you want to branch out and try, you are given the freedom to do so.

Great for self-sufficient, fast learning employees, who don't need/want a lot of hand holding.

Freedom to work remotely whenever/wherever. Unlimited vacation days. Very competitive compensation, in my opinion. Yearly retreat for all employees.

Made up of a lot of smaller offices so you can really get to know the people you work with and have a personal friendship with them.

Cons

It can be difficult to get to know everyone else in the other offices around the country unless you travel to those offices a lot for client business.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and putting their happiness first. The right employees will always repay this. The wrong ones need to go.

9. "Best Place To Work"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time

Pros

I've been here for several years & couldn't imaging working anywhere else. Big pros are the ability to learn more, ability to work with a lot of different people/clients, the ability to be in control of your own career.

Cons

Not everyone is able to self manage & the benefits of Elite can be a distraction for those people. This enviroment isn't for everyone, but for those who understand that if you work hard it will pay off, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, even as we continue to scale & grow.

"Pretty Awesome Place"

I have been working at Elite SEM full-time

Pros

This has really been the best workplace environment I've ever been a part of. You truly have ownership in what you do and have opportunities to make a real impact on the company.

Compensation/Benefits are top notch. Culture/Flexibility is amazing. You get what you put in, but there are certainly opportunities to live your life outside of the workplace. For the most part all of your co-workers are hard working and generally really good people.

Cons

Company is currently going through completely normal growing pains for a small business that had rapidly grown in previous years. There is a lot of change in processes and top management trying to figure out the best ways to manage the business moving forward. The great thing is that they are pro-active in doing this and have made strides on improving communication to everyone else.

And also any employee is has the ability to work in whatever office they would like. 7 offices (with other remote employees) causes some communication issues and also makes it hard to get to know everyone in the company. There's not much that can be done here

"A Very Flexible Place To Work"

Pros

I you get your work done, Elite provides enough flexibility to do what you want, where you want , when you want. As long as the quality of work is high and timely set with appropriate expectations, your work/life balance will be optimal.

Cons

Ultimately you get out what you put in. This is not a con, but it can be if you expect more than you deserve.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore and be progressive. As the industry continues to change, the company and management style and process requires a focus on adaptability to remain great.