Elizabeth Arden Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 22, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elizabeth Arden Chairman, President, and CEO E. Scott Beattie
E. Scott Beattie

Pros
  • Work Life Balance is a focus with an understanding family relationships are critical for happy successful associates (in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits, you can learn a lot about business here (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Also some roles have poor work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• The only thing I can think of is no benefits because I am part time (in 5 reviews)

1. "Makeup Artist / Promotion and Sales"

Former Freelancer - Makeup Artist/Promotion and Sales in San Juan, PR
    Former Freelancer - Makeup Artist/Promotion and Sales in San Juan, PR

I worked at Elizabeth Arden (Less than a year)

Pros

They teach you everything about the products so that you fall in love with them. They have a lot of continuous education and support. The official team of the brand is very professional and very friendly.

Cons

The pay is very short.
    Since I worked as a subcontractor through a temporary employment company, I was not assigned to a specific store. I worked the same in Walgreens as in JC Penney or Sears and sometimes I was assigned stores that were far away and the payment did not compensate for the expense of gasoline and time. I ran into a Walgreens manager who felt dislike for me because one day she smiled at me and I did not realize because I was busy and when I applied for the official work for Elizabeth Arden's counter she told me that she had already hired another person. I worked about two weeks covering that position and at first everything was very good, but the moment that happened, she began to treat me as if she did not exist, even in front of the other employees who got along with me. They salar

Advice to Management

That happens because the contractor is the management of the pharmacyThat happens because the contractor is the management of the pharmacy and not the staff of Elizabeth Arden.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people and great brands, entrepreneurial spirit. You receive high levels of exposure because it is a lean team.

Cons

Company performance has been poor for several years and lay offs have been annual.
    Inconsistent performance reviews have not received recent opportunity for personal development

Advice to Management

Make senior management more accountable for professional development. 360 degree feedback as part of overall feedback.
    Clearer paths for professional development.

"Best of both worlds"

Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers are awesome
    Tight knit employee relationships
    Awesome discount
    Make up.... Need I say more.

Cons

Corporate micromanages everything
    Extremely unorganized and lazy with training
    They are always jumping your bones even if you are already bending over backwards for them

Advice to Management

Refer to the cons.

"Entrepreneurial company, flexible and optimistic"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accountability and exposure. The company is ready to listen to new ideas in order to get more business. They trust you.

Cons

Uncertainty about the future of the company. Apathy from many colleagues towards the on going business due to this uncertainty.

Advice to Management

The integration process could improve.

6. "Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my coworkwrs. My Ops manager is absolutely lovely. And this is the most I've been paid as a massage therapist in my 4 years of being a professional therapist.

Cons

No flexibility. Absolutely none. I barley see my friends or family. As a therapist you expect to have some say of when you work and your hours. Not here. And it will be the reason. I leave. Not even for school will they allow me to have flexibility in my schedule. Long 9-10 hours shifts. Lead is an amazing teacher but far to pushy and sometimes rude.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that your employees are humans. Have families and friends and social lives.

7. "Planner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people that are open and interested in building relationships with coworkers. Depending on your team you could have flexibility in your work schedule and work plan.

Cons

Heavy workload is mostly administrative versus strategic. Not much room for growth in sales career. Work does not change, always doing the same tasks month to month.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to how managers treat their direct reports. Look at results and skills versus time spent at the company when looking to fill open roles/promote employees.

"Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Central Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Central Valley, NY

I worked at Elizabeth Arden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has good products and the potential to do very well with the commission that they offer their employees.

Cons

This companu can br a very competitive and almost catty environment depending on the employees. The incentive pay and the environment tends to create a stressful working environment.

Advice to Management

It is good to encourage a healthy competitive environment. But be carefull not to create one that Pitts employees against eachother. Also upper management should give their employees a chance to costumer service the customers rather then ponce on the large sale for themselves.

"Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Elizabeth Arden (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at the outlet and I got a bunch of free samples and things and it was one of the easiest jobs I've ever had.

Cons

Management was constantly changing and they worked me more hours than they should have because people kept quitting

"Great company with a lot of history and an awesome vibe but horrible management"

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Elizabeth Arden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun environment to work in, very stylish and hip. Compensation is on the lower end for entry level jobs but an opportunity for upward mobility.

Cons

Management is uninvolved with the day-to-day operations, the company discriminates based on ethnicity. Need to take on a lot of responsibility and pick up the slack from other employees, very often in higher positions.

Advice to Management

Need to redefine the organization

11. ""The Arden Way""

Current Employee - Supervision in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Supervision in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Elizabeth Arden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Modern tooling: workforce amiable, but their A to Z enterprise process, which include proper training and orientation is forty years past.

Cons

" Egos, and Department management has rather inflated ones. Front line supervisors are good.
    " Tooling is modern, product is somewhat in demand, Directors are full of themselves.
    * But EA is a source for income and most companies have their challenges.

Advice to Management

Take your eyes off your offices, dream of what can be. A streamlined, "Lean" pick and output.