Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation "opportunity for growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Employee Reviews about "opportunity for growth"

Updated Oct 2, 2019

3.9
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation President and CEO Chip Lyons (no image)
Chip Lyons
Pros
Cons
  • "An ongoing theme is once an employee hits the two year mark (more for entry level positions) there is not an opportunity for growth(in 6 reviews)

• "Can be a bit "top heavy" with many managers leading to a bureaucratic decision making environment(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "opportunity for growth"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - International Human Resources Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working for the Foundation and think it is full of great people doing admirable work. The organization has some of the best benefits offerings I've ever seen, including paid parental leave, tuition assistance, and a generous 403(b) match. It's a familial atmosphere that promotes events like 'EGPAF Trivia Night' and a companywide potluck Thanksgiving. Even small things, like upgraded coffee pots and silverware in the kitchens, indicate that employees are valued. My manager was extremely flexible with my schedule, which was great as I am a part-time student. While there's always a lot of work to be done, you can generally do it on your own terms to achieve that elusive 'work/life balance.' I would absolutely have stayed there longer if the job itself had been better aligned with my long-term professional goals.

Cons

Like any midsize NGO, the budget is tight and growth opportunities (in terms of promotions, not professional development) are limited. You have to be satisfied with your job and seek opportunities for professional growth (additional assignments, conferences, trainings, etc) to thrive. That said, employees are promoted from within fairly regularly.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2013-02-07

"No growth"

Current Employee - Coordinator

Pros

Cool place to work, Most people are nice

Cons

No growth opportunities. Same people are still there and they are missing on intelligent and innovative staff

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2019-10-03

"Very poor management and over worked junior staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible mission and commitment. In country staff are excellent and have an excellent reputation in the field.

Cons

Very poor leadership and management. Staff are hired at leadership levels and remain even though they are poor performers and managers. Programmatic staff in particular are overworked and burnout is a problem. Little to no opportunity for growth and staff treated poorly with high turnover. Leadership ignores bad managers whose staff flee their teams, and continues to burn out or force out good employees who are workhorses for their department.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2019-02-23
  4. "Great people and mission, not great growth"

I have been working at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation full-time

Pros

The work culture is great and I enjoy many of my colleagues and the mission.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities and lack of transparency regarding promotions and pay.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2018-03-22

"Benefits Balance Disadvantages"

I have been working at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation full-time

Pros

Great work/life balance, generous healthcare and PTO benefits. Competitive salary options. Friendly atmosphere and good colleagues.

Cons

Senior leadership often gets in its own way and squanders growth opportunities. Team structure and organization tends to change about every two years. There isn't as much opportunity for growth for lower-level positions, but it can exist for loyal mid-senior management.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2016-11-29

"Great Company and Amazing People"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant, Human Resources in Washington, DC

Pros

The people make every day going in enjoyable. As an entry level employee I was given many learning opportunities and guidance. My team worked together effectively and provided amazing trainings on HR related materials to staff. The HR World is very advanced for the NGO world. The benefits are outstanding and it is a very flexible work environment.

Cons

An ongoing theme is once an employee hits the two year mark (more for entry level positions) there is not an opportunity for growth. Communication between divisions could be better. Salaries could be higher but competitive for the NGO world.

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation2014-03-26

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 Reviews