Elkay Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2019

Found 150 reviews

3.8
Timothy J. (Tim) Jahnke
Pros
  • "Family owned for almost 100 years(in 12 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, amazing supervisors flexible schedule and pretty easy work(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Whether they are accurate or not is irrelevant, upper management has no idea(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management needs to take more accountability for failures(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company that cares"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Elkay is a family-owned and operated company that appreciates their employees. There are always opportunities for individuals who are willing to work hard and help the company succeed. In my tenure at Elkay, there have been numerous occasions where I have seen first hand how much Elkay values their workforce and goes the extra mile to make sure they are happy and safe.

Cons

Sometimes there are conflicting priorities, but normal in a company this size.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Elkay Manufacturing2018-07-25

Elkay Manufacturing Response

August 1, 2018Corp Comm

Thank you for your feedback. Yes -- Employee safety and wellness are huge priorities for us here at Elkay. We are continually working to identify ways to enhance our performance in these critical areas.

2. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Junior Buyer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Family oriented culture Flexibility - summer hours and flex time Fun and friendly atmosphere Great office location with proximity to Chicago Tuition reimbursement

Cons

None that I can think of!

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-13
  3. "Great Culture - Exciting Product Plan"

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

People at Elkay are friendly and collaborative. The company is investing in growth which creates an opportunity for personal growth and satisfaction with each new product launch.

Cons

The company wants to grow which drives some tension in the organization, but this is a lot better than a stagnant or declining operation.

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-23
  4. "Elkay"

Former Employee - Productio

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits plans, pay was good for the area

Cons

over time could be an issue at times

Advice to Management

work on schedule regulation in the future

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-21
    • "Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Offices in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are extremely friendly. It is a pleasure to interact with these great co-workers! This culture is also big on development programs - we now have a formal mentor program, and a wide variety of leadership skill development programs. It is also very entrepreneurial - you can really get stuff done without a lot of bureaucracy. You are encouraged to try out new ideas/think creatively and innovate. And the leadership...

Cons

Working on strengthening collaboration across functions. Not a big problem, but something to continue to improve on.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster this great culture - don't lose it as you grow!

• "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Demand Planner in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Elkay is very people oriented. They invest their people! Also they have great benefits such as work life balance, 401k matching, etc.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like we are more reactive and less proactive. At times, we don't give ourselves the time to be ready for potential headwinds.

Advice to Management

Elkay is growing fast, which is great! We have many projects coming our way, but I feel like we don't prioritize correctly or understand our financial liabilities to make stronger decisions.

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-13
    • "A family-oriented company that values investment in employee growth"

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best thing about working for Elkay is the people. The culture is extremely friendly and engaging. I have also found many opportunities for learning and growth. Most of management has an invested interest in their reports, and constantly provides opportunities to explore new areas, learn and move up within the company.

Cons

An area of improvement I've experienced with my time at Elkay is its cross-functional collaboration.

Advice to Management

Be open and understanding about the role other departments have. Make an effort to understand how the business operates as a whole, and make decisions based on what's best for the company's growth. Be open to efficiencies.

• "Good Company"

Current Employee - Lead Developer

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good company to work for, the management tries to take care of employees.

Cons

things may go very slow, a lot of people doesn't want to learn/adopt new technologies.

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-12
      • "manufacturing manager"

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Many Good mentors willing to teach those who are willing to lean and be challenged.

Cons

The local Elkay presence is limited.

Elkay Manufacturing2019-05-04
      • "Great Place for an Internship!"

Former Employee - Intern in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about their employees and it shows. They have many fun events that Employee Engagement puts on that makes coming to work fun! The new Downers Grove office is awesome. They also care a lot about their interns and the program was very enjoyable.

Cons

I prefer more of a structure on my day to day activities but the flexibility was nice.

Elkay Manufacturing2019-04-16

Elkay Manufacturing Response

April 29, 2019Corp Comm

Hi -- thanks for the great feedback on our internship program. We continue to put additional work into making this program stronger -- more aligned with the needs of our interns. Sounds like we are on the right track! That's really good to hear!

Found 150 reviews