Ellie Mae Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work life balance is amazing" (in 23 reviews)

• "Leader in the industry, great people, execs that live the values they espouse, free ice-cream, fun & supportive work environment" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with any fast growing company they have had some growing pains" (in 14 reviews)

• "Though we are growing rapidly there are still a few growing pains we're working through" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company with a Big Heart"

Current Employee - Applications Trainer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Trainer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There a strong sense of community in this company. The senior management makes a point of being engaged with all employees; Ellie Mae makes giving back to the community part of being an employee; everyone is helpful to new comers.
    My direct management has been very supportive of my ramping up work and with training to become knowledgeable in the industry and become a better trainer.
    Ellie Mae is, by far, the most diverse technology company that I have worked with (and I've worked with a few). And diverse at all levels.
    Ellie Mae is the market leader and has devised a "shared success" strategy for its customers. When Ellie Mae customers make more money, Ellie Mae makes more money. So customers are very satisfied with Ellie Mae.

Cons

Ellie Mae is growing fast (which is good). But with that growth in size, old processes that worked with a company of 500 are being strained with a company of 1500.

Advice to Management

We are growing fast. Make sure we've got the internal processes and infrastructure to handle all our new employees smoothly.

Jun 13, 2018 – EVP, Human Resources

Thanks for calling out our diversity, this really confirms we consider all viewpoints and have a culture of belonging. Appreciate the feedback!

2. "My Forever Company"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most will find at ELLI: very strong & decisive leadership; a collaborative spirit (up & down the org); FUN; and balance.

Cons

Trying to determine if I want to snack on fresh popcorn or unlimited ice cream!

Advice to Management

Keep accountability and decisiveness up; remember to manage by walking around--like our Co-Founder/Executive Chairman, Sig Anderman, perfected. Keep your eyes on the North Star!

Sep 6, 2018 – EVP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback and I wholeheartedly agree about keeping a culture of accountability!

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Financially Stable Market Leader in their Industry. Fast Growing. Opportunity for Advancement.

Cons

Fast Growth issues surrounding business process and priorities.

Advice to Management

Leverage more "outside-the-company/industry" experts to facilitate innovation.

4. "VP, Enterprise Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Vice President, Enterprise Relationship Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company with great vision, hires very smart people, and cares about their customer's success.

Cons

Due to Ellie Mae's size, I think the mid-manager skill level is weak as we have grown and the company could do more to coach-the-coachers in the company. I'm fortunate to have a great manager, but throughout the company, this is an area which I think is weak.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The more informed we are of the EM strategy and plans, the easier it is to keep our customers focus on their success with our partnership.

Sep 6, 2018 – EVP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. A major initiative we working on now is Manager Effectiveness and to this end, we have created a Manager Effectiveness Council to advise and provide feedback on what we... More

5. "Good tech company in TriValley area"

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks. Reasonable compensation. Accessible management. Civic minded.

Cons

Lack of development for middle management. This level continues to think tactically.

Advice to Management

Prioritize more effectively. Focus on accountability; too many deadlines missed and too many quality issues.

Sep 6, 2018 – EVP, Human Resources

Appreciate your feedback! We have recently created a Manager Effectiveness Council to advise and engage in strategies to become stronger in this area, inclusive of accountability. Stay tuned for... More

6. "Living The Dream!"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ellie Mae is dedicated to individual success as well as team success. This is the best my life /work balance has ever been in professional career. The company’s vision, and each stride we make towards that vision, brings self worth. I know I am making a difference that trickles to the consumer.

Cons

I’ve racked my brain to think of one... still no cons that I can think of.

7. "PRIDE and Passionate"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth minded; inclusive; compassionate; innovative; creative; dedicated; passionate; respectful; supportive; all family values; collaborative; encouraging; strategic; community; client focused; listens to Voice of the Customer!

Cons

haven't found one yet after 4 years!

Advice to Management

Thank you for recognizing the powerful leadership of women!

8. "Implementation Specialist"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Helena, MT
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Helena, MT

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ellie Mae is an amazing company. Always keeps the employees in mind when making changes. Really cares about our software working correctly and fixing issues quickly when they arise.

Cons

Growing quickly and has added a lot of new employees in the last several years. Don't outgrow us!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! This really is an amazing company

9. "The hype is justified!"

Current Employee - TA Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - TA Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

6x "Bay Area's Best Places to Work" is justified. This is the most positive and supportive company I've worked at...and it starts with the Exec Staff.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I'd really have to nit pick to list Cons.

10. "Employee review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for! Love the atmosphere, the management, enjoy working with the company’s customers, helping them with their software.

Cons

Stressful; however all jobs have some degree of stress.