Ellie Mae Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2020

3.3
Ellie Mae President and CEO Jonathan H. Corr
Jonathan H. Corr
Pros
  • "Work/life balance with Ellie Mae is fantastic(in 44 reviews)

• "Ellie Mae provides a lot of perks for the employees from free ice cream to chair massages(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Though we are growing rapidly there are still a few growing pains we're working through(in 24 reviews)

• "still no cons that I can think of(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place to work"

Current Employee - QA Engineer

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Work Life balance in Ellie Mae

Cons

None

2. "Perfect Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer I in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Schedules Work-life Balance Laid back environment Great Benefits Networking Connections Community Groups Casual Dress

Cons

Better alignment with non-exempt and exempt employees for additional stock/cash options

Continue reading

"Continues to decline... Leadership not fixing the problems"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FTO is a plus and there are a lot of fun activities for people employed onsite. Also, some departments are managed better than others. Stay away from Customer Success unless you like to work in a hostile environment with zero job security.

Cons

I worked at Ellie Mae for several years and it had been a great place to work. Sadly, the company’s culture changed when their founder left in 2019 and it’s not just because of the acquisition. It can be a very toxic environment and HR doesn’t (or can’t) help. It’s very hard to change roles within the organization and leave a bad situation. Not only is the culture and issue, but in just the last 12+ months, there was a major decline in benefits. These are just a few examples: -- RSUs and ESPP gone (and nothing to replace them) -- Reimbursement for our cell phones discontinued in 2019. Employees required to use our personal phone for work without any compensation. -- No additional compensation or reimbursement of expenses for at-home workers. -- The company had a very successful technology summit to get all of the technology people in a room for planning, growing skills, etc. and that was discontinued due to costs. Attendance was significantly cut for the Experience annual conference. Very few, if any, opportunities for remote employees to interact with others outside the team.

"Reactive support org"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of financial resources for investing in projects

Cons

Too much politics going into decision making

5. COVID-19

"From Great to Terrible"

1.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relatively flexible for WFH, most (not all) managers don’t’ really care as long as you get your work done. With the WFH environment due to COVID19, this attitude may change and all may be more amenable to it. Good medical, dental, and great 401k. Unlimited PTO, the rest is standard. o

Cons

This company had great promise and an enviable market share but it began sliding downhill when the founder turned most of the leadership over to the current CEO and a cadre of ineffective executives with no idea of how to run a successful business. Once that slide started, there was no stopping it. It was acquired in 2019 and everything that was left went out the window. Prior mentions of toxicity on this site are accurate as are previous comments about the Customer Support organization and an HR Department that enables bad behaviors. When good people are quitting in the current high unemployment market it says a lot about the company.

6. "Pretty good!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Entry Level Software Engineer

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Lots of smart people who are easy to work with. There's a lot of different types of teams if you want to make internal changes for your own growth.

Cons

Social atmosphere and enthusiasm is a little low, however there seem to be efforts in building that

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great collaboration between teams; all teammates are treated with respect and care from the top down; great communication from the COO and CEO on a regular bases, transparency. Best company I've worked for.

Cons

Not any cons to share

8. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Teams are friendly and good support from coworkers and management.

Cons

No benefits from stocks and rsu's.

"Average company now with average leadership. Used to be great place to work"

I worked at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

They have good overall benefits

Cons

Have lost their way in terms of culture and strategy; bleeding talent and keeping the political hacks

"Not Ellie Anymore"

I have been working at Ellie Mae full-time

Pros

Beats not having a job

Cons

Thoma Bravo owning the company is not the same.

Found 362 reviews