Elliot Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Program Director in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Program Director in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Thriving healthcare system that is devoted to patient care and a high level of positive patient experience. This type of just culture is important to not only employees but also patients.

Cons

None that I can truly think of. Despite the decline in benefits that others have experienced, Elliot continues to work hard to keep employee premiums low while maintaining a high level of benefits coverage.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything at the moment. But the organization has been challenged over the last many months to find a CEO. Once that happens, the other key C-suite management folks will follow.

2. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Elliot Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Staff and Company Involvement/Benefits
    - Great mobility throughout the company/growth opportunities

Cons

- Application process is a bit lengthy

3. "Great staff, love the workers. Corporate can be a little annoying."

Current Employee - Epic Tier II Support Analyst in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Epic Tier II Support Analyst in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, good people to work with, flexible around doctor's appointments.

Cons

Dress code can be strict, not enough time off and it is combined with sick leave.

5. "Registered nurse"

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers who work together as a team, an environment that does not tolerate the "nurses eat their young" mentality. Willing to hire and train new grads, management that wants you to advance and takes your goals into consideration

Cons

Not nearly enough pay for the amount of work, rarely allows any OT or offers COT. Constantly being expected to take on more responsibilities+ nit picking from management

Advice to Management

If you want to retain your staff, pay them what they deserve! You lose money training tons of new grads that leave within a year and a half, but It's hard to stay here knowing 30 mins away in Massachusetts you could be making $10+ more per hour

"Amazing employee"

Current Employee - Nursing Student in Buckhannon, WV
    Current Employee - Nursing Student in Buckhannon, WV

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of your nurses named Delia changed my entire perspective of what quality of care really is. She went out of her way to see all of her patients were not only comfortable and well cared for but genuinely made me and others enjoy my stay here at the Eliot.

Cons

Some of the other nurses would clearly be gossiping about patients in the hallway and it was Loud enough to hear.

Advice to Management

Better communicate with their nursing rotations about going above and beyond to make patients comfortable.

7. "Hospital"

Pros

Has competitive salary and benefits

Cons

Some concerns over administration backing employees

Advice to Management

follow the recommendations of your employees

8. "Place of Teamwork"

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in maternity night shift as a nurse and I love working with the group of woman that I work with because every night I know I can expect Teamwork. Everyone helps each other when we each hit different busy parts of our shift. The way we make it through with still loving our job and having a good time in always helping each other out.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, but who doesn't always want to make more money. Some equipment is way outdated but there is a plan in place to update the equipment... but that is taking it's sweet time

Advice to Management

More competitive pay, update equipment more frequently.

"Nice place to work"

Pros

It is in a great location.

Cons

The place is under new management.

Advice to Management

Bring back the turkeys.

10. "Disgruntled employees who fill out bad reviews"

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to work!! Friendly people. Elliot keeps trying to improve patient safety and quality. Hire great people and hold others accountable. Upper management truly cares!

Cons

Attention to either current staff or former staff: management never fires good people. You have to have documentation for multiple offenses before anyone is fired. Management is doing their job by you not knowing why they are truly fired.

Advice to Management

Need renovated or new hospital

"Unsafe and hostile place of employment; not safe for staff or patients."

Current Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Elliot Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was once a great place to work but the company has gone through so many changes that it is no longer a pro. Only pediatric emergency department.

Cons

The biggest challenge of working for this organization in the last year has been the decline in educated and caring staff; terminating our best and brightest employees who wish to not work within the hostile workplace this has become. Months after the close of the 7th floor in July 2013 and higher patient ratio to RN/LNA staff it is at a constant burn out state and extreme stress among staff with no outlet for relief. Staff is on edge and definitely takes it out on other staff members through harassment and bullying; and worst of all to patients through lack of quality care. Patients are not as safe as they should be since staff spends more time in the nursing stations than on the floor. Call bells and alarms are so constant that staff seems, admittedly by Elliot, to be ignored as not being as important as they should be deemed. Medications are constantly late and RNs are overwhelmed with their assignments; so much so you can find them crying in the back rooms often enough to be a clue something is wrong. LNAs never have time to complete much needed work (ie. patient bathing, re-positioning, and changing) when it is needed and then some do not care as long as they don't have anyone telling them to not sit around. Family members complain about the sub-care their loved ones are receiving and they are the ones claimed to be the issue. No one wants to discuss what really is happening in this organization because sweeping it under the rug seems easier to do than to fix the real issues. Elliot has a great track record, admittedly, that they start programs to ease the problems and never fully follow through. This type of behavior is not acceptable nor is it professional. There are cliques that cannot seem to be broken up and if you stand up for yourself; beware that you WILL in fact lose your job by any means they are able to come up with to make YOU look as if you are the problem. If you want to suggest how things can be better YOU will be terminated for even thinking you have a right to say anything. Someone should be investigating the HUGE turnover in this organization and asking the question of WHY?!? The reviews online and on their FB by staff who claim to have been railroaded are indeed true. It is seen often enough to leave a bad feeling with you about stepping out of line to help ensure patient satisfaction and safety. The lower employee has no voice and management doesn't seem to need much training in how to be great managers; which then lends itself to mismanaged departments and those who truly shouldn't be employed in the healthcare field to slip by with their misdeeds that should lead to termination. When there are managers/supervisors placing their personal friendships above their duty to delegate work flow it brings entire teams to their knees. It is easier for them to terminate those few who do stand up and speak out about the wrongs being committed then to step up and hire new employees who are dedicated to the patient because that is what healthcare SHOULD BE!! Caring with a heart and not thinking only about a paycheck and it is just a job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower end employees more often. Making people feel like they are in fear for their positions is not a healthy nor nurturing safe environment; feeling not inspired any longer with the enchantment I once had about this organization and the amazing work we were doing for our community. Patients are not safe if staff is not on the floors more and if patient's families are complaining so often that another complaint officer had to be hired to handle the volume; then maybe blaming the patients should stop and the staff should honestly be looked upon as the cause for such dissatisfaction. This type of behavior that is being displayed and accepted now was never accepted previously. You will lose your best employees overall if this continues. Research what is being done to your already lost ones and you will find a pattern emerging of those who chose to ask for the organization to be safer and healthier for them to work in and time management to properly take care of patients. We have lost enough great nursing staff and the cost is being put on the patients and their families. If you truly cared about the patient vs the dollar you would be doing more than what you are to fix what is happening and you know it is happening. Is it just easier to ignore? Is it really easier to terminate your best employees under untrue claims to keep those who don't want to care and work? Frankly disgusted in working at this organization and embarrassing to admit this is where I work now. If only there was a way to expose behind the curtain activities!