Ellis Crow Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Crow

"You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to clarify some things I have read on this site. I have worked off and on for the owner for 10+ years many of times I should have been fired but was kept on because of my ability to perform the job and the fact that he is a good person and great person to work for. I have left and came back multiple times because it's a good company to work for and a great ownership and management crew to work with. Always helpful, and understanding of personal things that come your way in life. If you are willing to put in an effort and take the advice and tools giving to you at this company then you will be successful. It's cut and dry it's a sales job it's not meant to be easy all the time the leads given are good and the place is run professionally and I'm glad to be a part of this company

Cons

Needs some better coffee and some good creamer. Other then that I have no complaints about this company at all

Advice to Management

Maybe incorporate casual Friday's and some go home early goals that are realistic and obtainable on Fridays

Dec 19, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thanks for the kind words, your hard work is what moves us forward!

"My Experience at Ellis Crow"

Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would classify my experience at Ellis Crow as neutral, leaning slightly towards the negative side of the spectrum. To be fair, there were quite a few positives. I got plenty of sales experience on the phone, had a steady paycheck each week, and had decent healthcare benefits. There are some really great people that I had the pleasure of meeting and the atmosphere can be really enjoyable. I can say that a few times while I was employed there I laughed myself to tears. Management is great and will invest in you if you invest in the company. If the company can turn things around and get people to stick around, there is potential to advance. They will literally hire just about anyone and give them a chance. If you work hard and give it your best effort, your job will be safe.

Cons

The job is exceptionally draining physically and mentally. It is also extremely repetitive and boring.The hours are really inconvenient, unless you really like to sleep in. It goes without saying that employee turnover is incredibly high and retention for more than a year is almost non existent. You are probably not going to love this job and take pride in what you do. However, that being said, if you don't have any job experience, it isn't a bad place to start and get some good experience on your resume.

Advice to Management

Buy employees breakfast once a week to boost moral. Be more professional. Treat all of your employees the same and have everyone on the same pay structure.

Dec 19, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thank you for your review. While it seems mostly positive, which is great, we appreciate the feedback in the areas you'd like to have seen improved and your advice is terrific. We do feel bad that ... More

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Ellis Crow Solutions has provided me an excellent opportunity to excel and succeed in the field of sales. I only started working here 2 months ago and have been given outstanding tools and advice by management/coworkers to improve my presentations and sales numbers. Management is extremlely friendly and willing to help at all times. I actually drive one and a half hours to work everyday during the week to because I truly enjoy the positive atmosphere and the friendliness of everyone in the office. Did I mention the pay is great too? I can see myself working here for a long time to help advance my career and hone my sales technique as well. If you need work, I highly recommend that you give ECS a call to set up an interview. GB

Cons

The only downside for me is that I have to drive 3 hours a day to go to work. I am definitely considering moving closer because I truly enjoy what I do here. It's for a great cause as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive atmosphere and affirmation. The encouragement I get here is more than I've gotten at any other job combined.

Aug 17, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate great reviews along with constructive criticism, we are always looking for ways to improve our company and help our employees to the best of our ... More

"Rewarding!"

Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income potential, 40 hours guaranteed a week and fast track advancement opportunities! If you are willing to put in the work, you will be successful! Management and owner are completely invested in my success which is great! I love being able to dictate how big my paycheck is at the end of the week!

Cons

None that I can think of so far... I've worked at other sales companies before and I've been very unhappy with not getting my commissions. At Ellis Crow I ALWAYS receive the money that I have earned.

Advice to Management

Thanks for helping me achieve my potential!

"Solid Foundation, great experience, thankful for the opportunity"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Manchester, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional staff, excellent training program, and solid leads. ability to make great money if you put the effort into the job. I worked in Manchester and loved the environment.

Cons

Hours seemed long, but earning potential was certainly there!

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong work, I believe in the cause you are contributing to. Thanks for everything Matt

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

Pros

I started in April 2016 after they moved from Manchester. Great team of co-workers that encourage each other in a team oriented atmosphere. I had to pass a drug test to work here so that was encouraging. The management expects effort but also gives a lot of input to get you to do the work correctly without nitpicking everything.
    The work itself is pretty fun too. I talk to some nice folks and some rude folks, but the nice folks make the day go by quickly.
    Plus I'm making $16/hour and hit my bonus level for the first time a couple weeks ago.

Cons

Only one sales manager at this point, I need to be promoted!!

"Telecommunications With A Good Cause"

Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

Pros

This is a comfortable workspace. There are office cubicles, and lots of people standing while they work to keep from falling asleep. There is a one hour lunch break and they offer health benefits for full time employees. Encouraging management and very easy hire on process. Management if flexible with your hours (to an extent), for example I see a therapist once a week for an hour and as long as I let my manager know the time of the appointment a week in advance they are okay with it. There are also students that work here and they are able to go to school full time and still have some income which is nice.

Cons

Pay could be better. The pay structure starts at $9.00/hr for the first week, then $10 the second week, and by your third week starts the regular hourly rate + sales incentives that factor into an hourly wage. For example if you make $2100.00 in sales your hourly rate increases to $14.50 for the week. The good in this is that your earning potential is technically uncapped, also you are making at least $11.00/hr even if you are making no sales. This also means that if you are outperforming other people in the office you are going to make more money and potentially move up to a management position.

The shifts start at either 12pm-9pm or 2pm-11pm. It would be nice to have a first shift so for those of you who have significant others that work a traditional 9-5 job you could then be on the same schedule, but thats how the business goes when you are cold-calling from a large source of public records and access to personal information and phone numbers.

You also only get paid on your sales when they happen, and since we can't collect payments over the phone (there is one person in the office with that position as a customer retention title), our clients send in payments via mail and that can take up to a week or so to see back.

I would say the top sales rep in this office is doing $1800/wk in sales which isn't the greatest pay. According to the scale for full time employees pans out to $12.50/hr.

"If you miss any of your scheduled time during the week your increases start at $1900.

Jun 15, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thank you for your input. We have considered some of the cons you mentioned above and have taken steps to clarify some of these issues. I would also like to add we have a GREAT new location, plenty ... More

8. "Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired
    Get to meet new people everyday due to the unbelievably high turnover rate
    Consistent schedule no weekends

Cons

Owner is a complete joke. Paychecks constantly have accounting errors. God forbid you don"t walk to work, paying to park on elm gets pretty expensive. Drug addicts seem to make up most of the work force, it was a weekly occurrence where paraphernalia would be found in the bathroom or an employee would be too high to function. Its a mad rush on friday for most of the employees to cash their checks on lunch in order to get their "fix". Most of the time the other employees are worse than the homeless people that troll up and down elm looking for handouts, they consistently ask/beg to borrow money or cigarettes. Forget about the "commission" portion of the pay, the owner/manger will always blame it on poor performance or weak sales and then try to shove some "three week average" number down your throat saying that's why you didn't bonus. In my entire time working there (much longer than I would like to admit) I saw very few people ever bonus and even fewer doing it consistently. The leads get beat up pretty hard, the owner makes sure they get every last contact. The previous customers that are supposed to be a reward get absolutely pummeled often to the point where they stop answering the phone altogether. Never give a two weeks notice or any notice of quitting whatsoever you will be terminated on the spot. Overall if you are in a bind and need a week or two's worth of work this is a great job, however don't stop looking for a job if you get hired chances are you will be unemployed again very shortly.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest about collections, have a third party count and tally totals. Stop beating up the PC's 2-3 times a year. Stop being shady with " accounting errors " is the extra couple bucks really worth it? Be a real company and pay for your employees parking. Pay you managers a decent base salary and bonus plan, maybe you could convince some of them to stay.

Jun 15, 2016 – Co-Owner

Hello, I want to you know our feedback is important to us. We have recently moved our operations and have done a complete restructuring of our company policies as well as training. Some positive ... More

"Patience Required"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Chance to earn $11 to $15/hour (for the week)
    Opportunity to help nonprofit organizations (ECS is for profit)
    Consistent hours

Cons

Unfocused vision
    Inneroffice drama
    High turnover
    Business model skews in favor of upper management
    Constant problems with payroll
    Lacking in overall professionalism

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with people on a personal level and not like assets and liabilities. It might reduce the high turnover.
    Create a shared vision to focus on over a year and not a week, to give team members something to work towards.
    Extend training to empower those that want to learn and exceed.
    Make up your mind. Expectations shift weekly and can leave new and existing employees confused- and potentially unemployed.
    Replace the carpet near the door- it must be worn out with all the turnover.

Jun 20, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thank you for your feedback. As co-owner and partner of ECS my current employees thoughts as well as former employees thoughts are important to me. I value the hard work that everyone on our team ... More

"Unlimited Earning Potential - Great Work-Life Balance - Good Cause!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fundraising for public safety organizations and helping to keep our country safe and involved with their communities, is definitely fulfilling. Better still, is being in control of your own paycheck!
    Whether or not you come in with sales experience, you will learn the skills, and techniques needed to accelerate your life financially, if you put in the work!
    Advancement from within, teaches you about personal development, goal-setting, time management, communication, presentation, and people skills!

Cons

Negative attitude will kill you in this line of work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 20, 2016 – Co-Owner

Thanks for the great review! Hope you are still with us! Its nice to see people go on these sites to write something positive once in a while instead of complaining all time! Hope you and yours have ... More