Ellis Crow Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Ellis Crow Solutions Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 27 reviews

2.9
Ellis Crow Solutions CEO Matthew Crow (no image)
Matthew Crow

"You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

I would like to clarify some things I have read on this site. I have worked off and on for the owner for 10+ years many of times I should have been fired but was kept on because of my ability to perform the job and the fact that he is a good person and great person to work for. I have left and came back multiple times because it's a good company to work for and a great ownership and management crew to work with.... Always helpful, and understanding of personal things that come your way in life. If you are willing to put in an effort and take the advice and tools giving to you at this company then you will be successful. It's cut and dry it's a sales job it's not meant to be easy all the time the leads given are good and the place is run professionally and I'm glad to be a part of this company

Cons

Needs some better coffee and some good creamer. Other then that I have no complaints about this company at all

Advice to Management

Maybe incorporate casual Friday's and some go home early goals that are realistic and obtainable on Fridays

Ellis Crow Solutions2016-09-16

December 19, 2016Co-Owner

Thanks for the kind words, your hard work is what moves us forward!

"Extremely Micro Managed Workplace"

Former Employee - Solicitor in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training for someone without any experience looking to learn phone sales.

Cons

Disorganized, unprofessional work environment, with no upward mobility. Doesn't deliver on pay expectations. Inconsistent and unrealistic sales goals. Overall a poorly run business.

Ellis Crow Solutions2019-09-13

"Good place if you are a sales expert"

Sales in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Hours Pay Benefits Co Workers

Cons

High standards, Matt is a horrible boss

Advice to Management

Take more time to invest in your employees. Don't drop people after 1 week because they cant hit your ridiculous sales goals. Travis is a great man and really a nice guy but from the moment I met Matt, I knew he hated me

Ellis Crow Solutions2019-01-15

February 28, 2019Co-Owner

So let's be clear here, great hours, great pay, great benefits and great co-workers but you thought someone hated you? So everything was great, except your feelings? Thanks for the feedback. No one hates you, we love everybody. :)

"Degrading and dead end work"

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time

Pros

You will get a paycheck every week. However, it won't be very much and there will most likely be accounting errors in it. You get bottom tier health insurance.

Cons

Horrible work life balance. Forget about taking sick days or vacation time, you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Run a more transparent and honest business. Invest in your employees and improve work life balance. Raise pay and you won't have as many desperate drug addicts coming through the door to interview wearing tshirts.

Ellis Crow Solutions2018-07-28

February 28, 2019Co-Owner

Thanks for your "feedback". If your pay was "low" why did you start working here? Our callers start at $14/Hr and have bonus opportunities that have over half of our staff over $20/hr weekly for sitting on the phone all day. We don't tolerate drug addicts, and our work life balance is fine. After 30 days our employees have the option to make their own schedule as long as they're completing their hour responsibility. Sounds like you didn't work here, but thanks for the review!

"Pyramid scheme."

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time

Pros

If you are desperate for money they will hire almost anyone.

Cons

-Degrading work. -High turn over rate. -One work day seems like a eternity.

Advice to Management

Almost all of the positive reviews are fake be warned.

Ellis Crow Solutions2018-04-07

February 28, 2019Co-Owner

If this is your opinion we invite you to quit immediately. Why would anyone do anything that made the day seem like an eternity? Have some self-respect and move on with your life! Thank you for your feedback though! By the way, why take the time to post this review when you probably should've been looking for work instead? Some people just like to complain I guess.

"Worst Ces Pool"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some light sales experience. The people werent to bad and I made a few freinds.

Cons

Everything! There is alot of drug users who work here. The pay is extremely low and there is 0 incentive. Goals are barely attainable.

Advice to Management

Drug Test employees. More extensive hiring process. Dont hire just anyone who walks through the door.

Ellis Crow Solutions2017-11-30

February 28, 2019Co-Owner

Thanks for your review. Cesspool is one word and is spelled with 2 s's by the way :) We kind of think you didn't really work here? We don't have any drug users that work here and on the off chance if one slips by we remove them pretty quick. Did that happen to you? 0 Incentive? You must not have really worked here. Our bonus structure allows over half of our callers to make over $20/hr up from their base rate of $14. Thank you for the advice on the hiring, we've added a few steps that probably would've washed you out during your interview process. Have a great day!!

"Telemarketing/Fundraising"

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time

Pros

Great facility with all the opportunity you need to succeed. Working to help raise money for programs that really benefit the communities they work in.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality and highly competitive. Can be fired very quickly if you don't meet your goals.

Advice to Management

Having the proper training starting out really helped. It was easy to see the performance of newer hires suffered once trainers left.

Ellis Crow Solutions2016-12-26

"Terrible environment and job."

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time

Pros

Met some great people who will be life long friends. I feel bad for Travis.

Cons

Where to begin... it's nearly impossible to hit commission. Most of the leads that we call to beg for money are elderly and are living month to month. The owner does not care about you. The turn over rate is ridiculously high. Around 30 percent of the money actually goes to firefighters and police officers. Employees are trained to lie. Unreal expectations. Do not work here. The longest employee barely made it a... year.

Ellis Crow Solutions2016-12-15

December 19, 2016Co-Owner

Thanks for the review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience. People that don't follow simple instructions cost us a lot of money. For those reading this, the reviewer is incorrect in almost every statement. Over 85% of our Full Time employees hit their weekly bonuses last week and have been for months. The highest last week was a $25 hourly plus bonus average (same employee averaged $28/hr the week before) with 38% of those that bonused making over $20/Hour over the past 6 weeks. We train no one to lie and our expectations are that you make an effort to succeed. Our clients make way more (30% was the only true statement in this review) than they would without our assistance, and way more than the industry average of 17% and we're proud to offer an exceptional service for them. Again, we're sorry you had a tough time making phone calls and we appreciate the opportunity to brag about our employees that exceeded our easy-to-reach expectations.

"My Experience at Ellis Crow"

Former Employee - Professional Fundraiser in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Ellis Crow Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would classify my experience at Ellis Crow as neutral, leaning slightly towards the negative side of the spectrum. To be fair, there were quite a few positives. I got plenty of sales experience on the phone, had a steady paycheck each week, and had decent healthcare benefits. There are some really great people that I had the pleasure of meeting and the atmosphere can be really enjoyable. I can say that a few times... while I was employed there I laughed myself to tears. Management is great and will invest in you if you invest in the company. If the company can turn things around and get people to stick around, there is potential to advance. They will literally hire just about anyone and give them a chance. If you work hard and give it your best effort, your job will be safe.

Cons

The job is exceptionally draining physically and mentally. It is also extremely repetitive and boring.The hours are really inconvenient, unless you really like to sleep in. It goes without saying that employee turnover is incredibly high and retention for more than a year is almost non existent. You are probably not going to love this job and take pride in what you do. However, that being said, if you don't have... any job experience, it isn't a bad place to start and get some good experience on your resume.

Advice to Management

Buy employees breakfast once a week to boost moral. Be more professional. Treat all of your employees the same and have everyone on the same pay structure.

Ellis Crow Solutions2016-11-02

December 19, 2016Co-Owner

Thank you for your review. While it seems mostly positive, which is great, we appreciate the feedback in the areas you'd like to have seen improved and your advice is terrific. We do feel bad that you did not take pride in what you were doing. We work for Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement officers and the benefits they provide we take a lot of pride in. Thanks again for taking the time to send your review. Let us know how the free breakfast works at your next place of employment, maybe we can implement it here.

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Sales Representative in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Ellis Crow Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Ellis Crow Solutions has provided me an excellent opportunity to excel and succeed in the field of sales. I only started working here 2 months ago and have been given outstanding tools and advice by management/coworkers to improve my presentations and sales numbers. Management is extremlely friendly and willing to help at all times. I actually drive one and a half hours to work everyday during the week to because I... truly enjoy the positive atmosphere and the friendliness of everyone in the office. Did I mention the pay is great too? I can see myself working here for a long time to help advance my career and hone my sales technique as well. If you need work, I highly recommend that you give ECS a call to set up an interview. GB

Cons

The only downside for me is that I have to drive 3 hours a day to go to work. I am definitely considering moving closer because I truly enjoy what I do here. It's for a great cause as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive atmosphere and affirmation. The encouragement I get here is more than I've gotten at any other job combined.

Ellis Crow Solutions2016-08-07

August 17, 2016Co-Owner

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate great reviews along with constructive criticism, we are always looking for ways to improve our company and help our employees to the best of our ability! We would like to give a big thank you to our team as they are the reason we continue to grow and we couldn't do it without them!

Found 27 reviews