Ellis Law Group, LLP Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Ellis Law Group, LLP Sacramento Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2015

4.1
Ellis Law Group, LLP CEO Mark E. Ellis    (no image)
Mark E. Ellis
  1. "Fast Paced, Energetic Firm!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ellis Law Group, LLP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It has been a pleasure being able to be a part of the ELG team! We are a boutique law firm; hence, we all work very closely together which at some firms can be problematic, but I love that our team works so well together and everyone is always willing to give a helping hand. Being a civil litigation law firm, we are very fast paced and tremendously busy, so it is undoubtedly a pro that everyone has a positive and... supportive demeanor. Our attorneys and staff truly care about the quality of their work. Overall, it is a good place to work and the salaries and benefits are good as well.

Cons

We are a BUSY firm, so stress can be a con for some employees who are not able to handle a heavy workload, excessive deadlines, and possibly longer hours. This would be dependent on the individual employee and how he/she handles their self in a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

I think we can market and advertise more through social media and the such.

Ellis Law Group, LLP2015-04-16
  2. "Great job always stay busy"

Current Employee - File Clerk in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ellis Law Group, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working a little over a year and its been a really good experience everybody is very friendly and appreciative of one another. It gets really busy and it tends to get a little hectic but together we always get through it. Everybody is very amazing in what they do they are helpful towards one another. I really love the fact that everybody works with a smile and try to help with anything that they can.... When going into trial everybody goes in with all they can they take every trial serious and work the best they can. I would recommend this company very much because i know that they will do what it takes to win. Mr.Ellis is a very intelligent man and when it comes down to it he knows what needs to be done and he gets it done right he treats his clients with respect and keeps them knowledgable. The pay is great and benefits as well that come with.

Cons

Dont have any cons to share at the moment :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Ellis Law Group, LLP2015-04-03
  3. "Extremely Busy - But Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ellis Law Group, LLP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I get to work with some of the smartest and friendliest people around. Although we are extremely busy, most of us in the office have no problem giving a hand to get the job done. We approach every project with a team approach and it appears to work well. Management expects high quality work product, but so does most every one here. We work in a beautiful office (with our own workout office and trainer), salaries... are good and so are benefits. We have lots of work coming in and handle a large case load, which I would say is good in this economy.

Cons

Because we are an extremely business office, stress runs high. We have had our share of turnover by staff and attorneys who are not used to working the long hours litigation sometimes requires, Attorneys and staff need to be driven by the work, not by management. Deadlines run rampant, so it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Take more time in hiring the type of personality and attitude toward their work that this job requires. If a newbie attorney is hired, ensure ongoing training and mentoring.

Ellis Law Group, LLP2014-04-10

"Mom & Pop shop - feels like a dysfunctional family"

Former Employee - Attorney in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Ellis Law Group, LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice staff and attorneys; New office; Gated garage; Conveniently located in Sac; Good learning for someone new and fresh out of law school; Must be willing to work really hard.

Cons

Very busy and demanding; Grueling hours.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your staff and attorneys - without them, you wouldn't be able to run the firm.

Ellis Law Group, LLP2013-11-16