Ellsworth Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales were easy"

Current Employee - Wellness Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wellness Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ellsworth Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked how well I got to know the people I worked with. Everyone at the office was really nice to me, even though most of my work was from home as a wellness consultant. The commissions are pretty large, so I'm making a decent amount of money, and the bonuses are generous, so I know I can move up easily. The company is also great to work for because the food is really great, so that makes it easy to sell.

Cons

If you're not a self-starter, I'd imagine it would be difficult to get momentum going on your sales. It's a small company, so a lot of people haven't heard of it.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Nice team"

I have been working at Ellsworth Foods full-time

Pros

Very nice group of people. It's unusal today to find people who really care about their team members. In most organizations you're a number. This group really seems to like each other and look out for each other. It's refreshing.

Cons

This is a smaller company and sometimes you'll be asked to do things that may falloutside of your formal job description. It's not a big deal if you have the right attitude but it is different from working at a larger company where roles may be more defined.

Advice to Management

Keep the family culture going. It's one of your strong points. Keep supporting local businesses, farmers and providers. This is why customers come back.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ellsworth Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for upward mobility and income. You just have to follow the process and be accountable. Initially I struggled, then did fairly well, and now make a sizable income. If you do not like hard work, this is not for you.

Cons

Non traditional work hours can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Ellsworth Foods full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules, great work life balance, lots of support, management team that cares, potential to earn great money.

Cons

Getting potential customers to have a paradigm shift in how they grocery show, but if you follow the script that can be done!

5. "Not So Good"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Ellsworth Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay if the checks clear

Cons

Lack of Stability via misdirection

"Not in the food business"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Ellsworth Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money, telemarketing, no car or mileage reimbursement.

Cons

Deceit, greed, dishonesty, if you don't sell an over priced freezer and maintenance plan, you don't make any money.

Advice to Management

Tell people the truth. You are in the high dollar freezer and maintenance/food protection business--the food is just the hook.

7. "Happily Employed"

Pros

This is a great place to work. The company really does care about the well-being of its employees and customers, and strives to better itself in all ways possible. The product is fabulous and I would highly recommend to anyone.

Cons

Sometimes the job can be a little defeating and difficult if you are not willing to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

I think that overall things are running pretty well. Communication across the board could be improved!

"Great place to build a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA

I have been working at Ellsworth Foods full-time

Pros

The company has been around for many years, but still has a family warmth that allows individuals to be successful. The leadership team cares about the well-being of the employees. People are provided the autonomy to be successful. The product line is great and the ability to change people's lives is very rewarding.

Cons

Primary a sales company, so if you are not willing to work hard this isn't the right place for you. There's been several changes in year, that made the organization a better place and the staff is dedicated to continue to make changes to run more efficiently.

9. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

Great atmosphere & positive energy, All around good place to work, I don't dread coming to work like I have at previous jobs. I have been employed here for over 6 months now and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. Also tremendous growth potential with Blue Ribbon Foods.

Cons

I have no downside to working here

"Account Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Good healthy eating product and service. Good quality food and environmentally friendly business practices. . Good working environment and somewhat flexible hours worked.

Cons

Deceptive company policies on pay and bonuses, hours worked and earning potential. This is a deal breaker. I repeat, it i s a real deal breaker. Talk to former employees and active employees to find out before you are sucked in to the hype and deceit. Caveat.

Advice to Management

Create an hones and truthful environment for workers. do not deceive and mislead prospective hires about their earning potential, average pay and bonuses. .