Ellucian Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 548 reviews

3.4
Ellucian CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
Pros
  • "Perks of the job include flexibility in being able to work from home(in 44 reviews)

• "Lots of opportunities to learn, freedom to innovate, good work life balance(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a challenge at times but if you advocate for yourself, management is very willing to listen and accommodate(in 19 reviews)

• "Constant change in upper management(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great culture and enjoyable place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great culture with terrific people who support and seem to genuinely care about each another. I have not worked at a company where people are so willing to help each other. The mission of supporting higher education is personally gratifying and people have conviction in the good of what customers are doing which helps breed this culture. The company does a good job of supporting employees and creating an environment that...

Cons

The industry (higher education) as a whole can tend to be late adopters, so the technology is not always on the cutting edge, although it is impactful. Because the industry is changing, Ellucian is having to adapt too, which sometimes leads to turnover of good people who have been at the company for a while. But it’s the right thing to do and management is doing well in managing through changes.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path – new management that has been brought in the past couple of year have been good additions. Now is the time to let consistency take hold so the company can stay focused a clear direction and execute.

2. Change Agents for Student Success

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I have the opportunity to work with the best talent with deep institutional knowledge and experience in the industry. Our executive leadership bring their depth and breadth of experience in innovation from Silicon Valley. We are 100% dedicated to Higher Education and best equipped to address the fast changing world of the student-for-life, as they prepare for tomorrow's economy and required skills.

Cons

You must have the ability to work in white space, I understand this type of environment isn’t for everyone.

3. Amazing Company with great values and great business sense!!

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Ellucian for less than 1 year. So far my journey has been really awesome. The workload is high but exciting and work life balance is really good as well. The company motivates their employees a lot and share ideas and vision with everyone on quarterly basis. Great company to work for!!

Cons

Benefits could be better (Health benefits) as well as vacation time

4. Great place to work ... Higher Ed technology transformation!

Current Employee - Vice President in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership and excitement around making transformative changes!

Cons

Slow pace of change / urgency ... gradually getting better.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward!

5. Team spirit, Great products, Cutting edge technology, Awesome President

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love it here. Fun environment and room to grow your career.

Cons

My favorite stores are too close.

Advice to Management

Spiffs for all

6. Bright future, great new leadership

Current Employee - Project Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

With the most recent changes in Sr Executive leadership, Ellucian clearly paved the way for a bright future. Top down Ellucian is a very supportive organization and with the current growth, there plenty of opportunities to move up, or expand on your current role by presenting new ideas to your leadership.

Cons

Fast growth often creates redundancies across certain roles, an overhaul of customer facing roles and responsibilities would reset this.

Advice to Management

Fast growth often creates redundancies across certain roles, an overhaul of customer facing roles and responsibilities would reset this, and also create new efficiencies, as well as a clearer path for our customers when it comes down to interacting with Ellucian

100% Recommend!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Short version: -Everyone is friendly & helpful and there is a great team mindset -the office is BEAUTIFUL. It is bright, modern, and has a ton of rooms along the perimeter that anyone can use at any time, whether it is for a video conference, phone call, or just to take a breather. -there is often free food -Benefits are awesome. My favorite would have to be the tuition reimbursement for courses taken while...

Cons

I haven't run into any downsides yet. So far so good.

Made the right choice

Current Employee - Customer Success in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great and the team I am on is leading the way when it comes to positioning Eullcian in the marketplace. We offer great products that solve many of the issues higher ed faces today. It is great working for a company that is making a difference and helping make for a great student experience.

Cons

A lot of remote workers. We have a big office and only a few teams seem to come in daily. Some of the more tenured folks tend to fight change rather than embarrassing it.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, we have been waiting for these changes. The outlook is good as we move into 2019.

9. Powering Education

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Ellucian's work culture and climate is very supportive with exciting opportunities constantly emerging as the Higher Education industry continues to adapt to the modern student.

Cons

There is a lot of change that happens quickly. Being adaptable and agile is a must.

10. You'll Love Coming to Work Everyday!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

We offer great products that solve many of the issues that are faced in higher education today. This company has created an environment that is collaborative and supportive. The office has an open floor plan that doesn't include offices and makes you feel that you're on a level playing field with other employees. Work / life balance and flexibility are highly valued at Ellucian! Pay is competitive / time-off is generous...

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment.

Found 548 reviews