KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ellucian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Very promising company

Mar 3, 2022 - Consultant in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ellucian has embarked on a journey with a good employment culture, work life balance, sound technologies, very very drooling benefits, learning path. Overall a huge thumbs up

Cons

Nothing so far and will never ever be

2. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 28, 2022 - Cloud Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the environment and the people

Cons

No cons that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Moving forward

May 16, 2022 - Senior Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly moving the solutions forward.

Cons

The direction for the company is good, they just need to get rid of so many different supported models for deployment.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Agile Software Development/Client helpdesk/training

May 22, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote employment, cutting edge technical applications.

Cons

Lack of directed training for employees, lack of career development

Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and glad to see you're enjoying the remote flexibility! Regarding training & career development, that is something we take extremely seriously. That's why we are so excited that we just rolled out our new Job Architecture this month so there is clear line of sight to career pathing across the organization. We recognize that careers can grow in multiple different directions and we are very mindful to have the infrastructure in place to provide a career roadmap so employees can understand the skills & experiences and the training & support needed to help enable them to grow on their respective journeys. Additionally, earlier this month we just completed our 2nd Talent Fest in 2022, which is our quarterly week long celebration of learning & training. We had 5 days of learning opportunities that included 30+ sessions of trainings, panels & knowledge shares, 40+ speakers, & 800+ attendees. The learning culture at Ellucian is very much alive & thriving!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ok work with mediocre pay and great benefits.

Jan 31, 2022 - Help Desk Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are excellent and they start on your first day. They will promote you if you show proficiency. They are willing to accommodate most schedules. They give you 10 sick days, 14 vacation days, and holidays including one "floating holiday." They don't require experience or certifications, but they do help.

Cons

Payroll is a hassle. My department gets paid by the hour, while the rest of the company is paid by salary. So they use a complicated formula to determine what we're going to be paid rather than just simply paying us for the time worked. It does balance out, but it is a pain to track. Some people may find the work difficult because you handle lots of accounts. It does take a certain kind of person to do this job efficiently. The knowledge bases we have on the accounts are sometimes incorrect or not up to date. Sometimes they can be confusing and difficult to understand.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Growing Company- Great flexibility!

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, Collaboration, compensation, Leadership, Benefits

Cons

High growth- so extremely fast paced, so if dont like that, then its probably not for you

Ellucian Response

Thanks so much for your review and feedback! Glad that you're feeling the flexibility!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

No Advancement Opportunities or Work Life Balance

May 18, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not many - Ability to WFH

Cons

- No advancement opportunities for certain positions - Work long, crazy hours, including most weekends - Ok benefits -Need better internal training across all teams -Frequent Executive Leadership team turnover -Need to be more customer focused to improve satisfaction

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good start to the freshers not for the experienced candidates.

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working hours and facilities

Cons

No career growth and hikes

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 16, 2022 - Software Support Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture of caring for employees great benefits

Cons

Could improve internal communication between departments

Ellucian Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Appreciate your feedback - we are excited to release the results of our recent employee engagement survey and share opportunities for improving the employee experience - including cross-departmental communication.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

A place to work

May 6, 2022 - Computer Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, Employees who care

Cons

3 rd party managed IT never feel like your working for where you work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 915 Reviews

Ellucian Reviews FAQs

Ellucian has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,014 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Ellucian to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ellucian employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ellucian. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

81% of Ellucian employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ellucian 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ellucian to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Ellucian Job Seekers