Ellucian Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.9
Ellucian President and CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
Pros
  • "Work-Life Balance has kept me here(in 77 reviews)

• "Great work life balance with work from home options available(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Perhaps needing to be diligent to achieve work/life balance when working from home(in 28 reviews)

• "Just HQ upper management doesnt know the importance of remote offices(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ellucian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Mar 6, 2021 - Director in Malvern, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is awesome Great employee care

Cons

No stock available for the employees

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Ellucian is one of the best companies to work for that is IT and cloud focused.

Apr 23, 2021 - Technical Support Specialist in Hackettstown, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential for 5 weeks of vacation earned through tenure. FLEX program which allows up to $350 reimbursement for living a helathy lifestyle. For fitness watches certificate fee payments or financial services plus much more.

Cons

Some legs of the company that do not work directly in the corporate offices can go unmonitored and do not get the benefits of company issued equipment (laptops, cell phones etc)

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

May 4, 2021 - Senior Oracle Dabase Administror
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Reputation. Pay good Good benefits Remote

Cons

Poor Leadership at Management level

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

My Experience

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Systems Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The medical/dental benefits are very good. Vacation days are good. Company appears to care about the person, but in truth it's all about bringing in more revenue and renewing the contract.

Cons

In Managed Services it become quickly apparent that the most important thing is keeping the customer happy. I understand this up to a point. I really wanted to like it here and since I have only been at one location I am not sure what other locations are like but I have heard of problems. Ellucian will take the customer over the employee every time. I know of one on-site location where in just a year they went through 7 applications directors. The directors were being selected and replaced by the campus CIO who used to work for Ellucian. Bad placement in the first place and then replacing them after a few weeks. There is no training at all that I have seen. Ellucian will promise the campus anything and everything and then tell the onsite staff to deliver no matter what. You can't reasonably expect people to work at an emergency pace all the time. They don't hire enough people for the job and in many instances they will reduce the cost of the contract while increasing the workload with fewer employees. Don't expect support from management. The president and the executive team seem nice and supportive but it isn't trickling down to the regional management levels.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

New teams not chosen well

Apr 5, 2021 - Programmer Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product development is excellent, CEO is driven and forward thinking

Cons

I was hired by a transition team when Ellucian was given a contract at a local institution. The transition team that hired me had very forward thinking ideas about what would happen at this location. However, when the permanent team was hired, their objectives were very different and I am not being utilized for what I was hired for. Most of the people on the permanent team worked at this institution before. Ellucian was contracted here because of years and years of poor IT systems and data. So the permanent team is part of the established problem, and they are having a hard time thinking of innovative solutions.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good experience for a large company

Apr 16, 2021 - Account Executive in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment. Feels life family. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Very little marketing and business development support.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Apr 19, 2021 - Systems Administrator in Worcester, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good culture, low stress, competent and responsive management

Cons

Lower pay than other places I've been.

8. 5.0

Tech Services

Apr 17, 2021 - Desktop Engineer in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life balance. Work environment. Work pace. Office interior and location.

Cons

Less growth opportunities within one business unit.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

May 7, 2021 - Tech Support in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, managers try to be fair.

Cons

Very little training for the products we needed to support.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Place to Learn & Develop

Apr 9, 2021 - Accounting Manager in Malvern, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Response to the pandemic was excellent in terms of equipping a fairly large workforce to remote work.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate the seemingly ever-changing political environment with many leadership changes over the past 7 years. Personnel decisions are made seemingly arbitrarily with many new leaders, and the organization has shot itself in the foot by not working to maximum human capital and experience.

4 people found this review helpful