Elmer's Crane and Dozer Reviews | Glassdoor

Troy Broad

1. "Horrible!!"

Former Employee - Redi-Mix Driver in Oscoda, MI
    Former Employee - Redi-Mix Driver in Oscoda, MI

I worked at Elmer's Crane and Dozer part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing I can think of.

Cons

Lied to when hired in. I was told I was supposed to be full time gravel train driver, instead I was a part time redi-mix driver. I have 11 years of experience driving a truck with doubles while the other 3 who hired in at the same time who got the gravel train position, 2 of them just got their CDL 2 weeks prior and 1 was a school bus driver. While the other drivers were on 15 or so calls a day I did the grunt work. Even that wasn't good enough. I would sweep but get cussed at to clean counters, I would mow the lawn but get cussed at to grease trucks, I would grease trucks and get cussed at to go sweep. I wasn't allowed to step foot into the office without being told to get out and when he wanted to see my face he would call me. And I wasn't allowed a smoke break because I wasn't finished with my jobs.

Advice to Management

Why would you keep a manager like that around for so many years when he treats employees like garbage? When a complaint is made don't tell that employee that the manager is more valuable to the company and do nothing.

"This company values integrity, quality, and service!"

I have been working at Elmer's Crane and Dozer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays for my entire families health insurance base plan - at no cost to me. Provides free yearly Wellness check by third party to get free yearly insurance. Provides dollar match for every dollar contributed up to 3% of salary for 401(k). Great pay for work performed. Co-workers are fun, respectful, and top notch. Best Company Picnic! Great equipment that is safe, clean, and runs well. Free safety training to employee to update qualifications. They understand the best asset they have is me and my co-workers (their employees.)

Cons

Pay starts when you get on the jobsite. Plus side - If you travel outside of the local radius (out of town) you do get a per diem. Another plus, they actively pursued work out of their usual service radius to keep employees working. I appreciate the effort.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to grow local work. I like sleeping in my own bed at night.