Elmington Property Management Community Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.3
Elmington Property Management CEO  Cary Rosenblum
Cary Rosenblum
  1. "Excited to be Part of a Growing Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Elmington Property Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely impressed with the company's acquisitions team. Very responsive help coming from corporate. There are continual growing pains due to the company's expansion, but corporate is always willing to reach out and help whenever management team encounters a problem or just has a question. Impressed with the integrity of leadership concerning the way many of the issues have been handled. Decision-making of upper management...

Cons

Software transition was a little bumpy, but was well-handled by corporate team. New software needs a few tweaks, but is good, and I know they are working hard to improve it daily.

Advice to Management

Don't lose any of your IT team members! They are exceptional!

Elmington Property Management2019-04-05

"Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Community Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Elmington Property Management full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I have worked with Elmington for about 3 years now and the company keeps getting better and better. They recognize you for the hard work you put in, awesome benefits and pay. Upper management are always willing to go the extra mile to show they care and are there to help. Corporate doesn’t make you feel like your a number, but part of a family.

Cons

A lot is asked of the property managers, especially when you work at a rehab property. You’re basically the property manager/project manager.

Elmington Property Management2019-02-25

"Not a good experience. Forget the ordinary is correct."

Former Employee - Community Director in Memphis, TN

I worked at Elmington Property Management for more than 2 years

Pros

Salary was the only pros. The benefits are the same as any other company.

Cons

The supervisors are not supportive. They do not pay bills on time so it makes it hard to keep good vendors. Upper management talks to you like you're stupid. The district managers they hire are not qualified to lead a turtle and they like to write you up to keep upper management off their backs. One supervisor pulled a fire arm on two of her employees when she fired them... Not professional at all! If I could rate...

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror. The property I left has gone to pot. Everyone that lived there when I left is searching for another place to live due to management. They won't even cut the grass. Start caring about your employees and your properties you manage for others. It shows you don't.

Elmington Property Management2017-07-18

"Forget the ordinary? That's a ploy...."

Former Employee - Community Director

I worked at Elmington Property Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few nice properties. That's about it. Salary is fairly competitive in most markets they are in at Manager level

Cons

If upper management doesn't like you, you might as well quit. There's far too many in the corporate office directing how we do things at the property that have never worked at site level. Why hire smart people, then tell them what to do? Maybe trust your hires more like your tag line indicates. You want us to think like an owner, but are so close minded to anything and everything that is not coming from corporate.

Advice to Management

Drain the swamp at corporate

Elmington Property Management2017-06-04
  5. "More than a workplace"

Current Employee - Community Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Elmington Property Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The culture, charity drives, the pay, monthly bonus, yearly conference, little micro managing, motivating management. Opportunities for growth.

Cons

You will enjoy work so much, it will become a hobby. The benefits aren't that great.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead and motivate, not dictate.

Elmington Property Management2016-08-23