Cover image for Elsevier

4.2
Elsevier CEO Kumsal Bayazit
Kumsal Bayazit

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Elsevier and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work in

Nov 24, 2022 - Data Analyst in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance, nice college and working environment

Cons

Things can move a bit slow sometimes

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely job but without much progression

Aug 23, 2022 - Managing Editor in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely friendly colleagues, who are always happy to help. Lovely upper management too. Very good at managing the workload and looking after their staff.

Cons

Sadly the development plan wasn't very fair and some more senior colleagues were not given the deserved promotions.

3. Join the Elsevier team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Publisher

Oct 24, 2022 - Publisher in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working conditions, Feel respected

Cons

Low salaries , No rewards

5. 5.0

Company Atmosphere

Jul 15, 2022 - Data Scientist in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open culture, shallow structure, a lot of wellbeing initiatives, interesting projects, and a lot of possibilities for development (Udemy courses, development days)

Cons

Sometimes workload might be optimistically planned

6. 5.0

Interview process

Jul 2, 2022 - Carbon Analyst in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good management team and good interview process.

Cons

HR isn't very efficient and could have communicated better with visa information.

Elsevier Response

Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review. We have passed your feedback to our HR personnel who are always keen to improve our hiring process.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Publisher

Jul 5, 2022 - Publisher in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues and environment. Effort focused on Science Advancement.

Cons

Very hierarchical, more reactive than proactive.

Elsevier Response

Elsevier Rep

Thank you for your review.

8. 4.0

Good benefits

Aug 7, 2022 - Account Support Coordinator in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation include 13th month salary

Cons

Some positions are recruited by job agency only

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company culture

Jul 16, 2022 - Data Analyst in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good life and work balance with 36 hours working hours per week. People are very easy going and open minded.

Cons

The salary is not as competitive as some tech companies. No bonus.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work in

Jun 1, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Competitive salary Friendly people

Cons

No Cons that I could find

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work-life balance, paradise for managers not ICs

Jun 22, 2022 - Principal Machine Learning Scientist in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance, respect for academia, nice projects

Cons

Corporate culture, too many managers, ICs have to switch to the managerial track to get paid more.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews
</>Embed

Elsevier Reviews FAQs

Employees in Amsterdam have rated Elsevier with 4.2 out of 5 stars in 140 anonymous Glassdoor reviews. To compare, worldwide Elsevier employees have given a rating of 4.1 out of 5. Search open jobs at Elsevier in Amsterdam and find out about the interview experience in Amsterdam or explore more of the top rated companies in Amsterdam.

Elsevier employees working in Amsterdam rate their compensation and benefits with 3.5 out of 5 stars based on anonymously submitted employee reviews on Glassdoor. This is equal to the company average rating of all Elsevier employees. Browse Elsevier salaries in Amsterdam to find out how much you could get paid.

Employees in Amsterdam have rated Elsevier with 4.4 out of 5 for work-life-balance (2.3% higher than company-wide rating), 4.6 out of 5 for diversity and inclusion (4.4% higher than company-wide rating), 4.2 out of 5 for culture and values (2.4% lower than company-wide rating) and 3.5 out of 5 for career opportunities (2.8% lower than company-wide rating).

92% of employees in Amsterdam would recommend working at Elsevier to a friend, compared to 87% of Elsevier employees worldwide. This is based on 140 anonymous reviews submitted on Glassdoor.

Popular Careers with Elsevier Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Elsevier? Share Your Experiences

Elsevier logo

Affiliated Companies

Elsevier Careers

Cover image for Elsevier

This is Elsevier Elsevier is a global leader in information and analytics that helps researchers and healthcare professionals advance...More

• Our History
  • Responsibility
  • Careers
  • Life at Elsevier

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

2 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Across Elsevier, we know that the future is accessible. In celebration of International Day of Persons with Disabilities, we are renewing our commitment to a more diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. As we celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (#IDPWD), some Elsevier colleagues have shared their personal stories and revealed the challenges and support they have received along the way. International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPWD) is dedicated to celebrating people with disabilities and valuing the unique contributions they bring to the world. IDPWD is an opportunity to learn from the experiences of those with a disability and work towards a more inclusive future. Embedding disability inclusion into the Elsevier experience: https://www.elsevier.com/connect/embedding-disability-inclusion-into-the-elsevier-experience I & D at Elsevier: https://www.elsevier.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity
Shared image - Embedding disability inclusion into the Elsevier experience
Embedding disability inclusion into the Elsevier experience
www.elsevier.com

4 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
At Elsevier, today, we join the World to celebrate World AIDS Day. The theme of this year’s World AIDS Day is "#Equalize." The “Equalize” slogan is a call to action. It is a prompt for all of us to work on the proven practical actions needed to address inequalities and help end AIDS. Let us show love, compassion, and continuous support for those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. Let us tackle HIV stigma and discrimination. We must equalize for everyone to reduce HIV risks. We must equalize marginalized people and all living with HIV. Today, we also remember departed souls who lost their lives due to the complications of HIV and those caring for people battling AIDS. We also celebrate the diverse group of people who are allies to those battling HIV/AIDS, standing shoulder to shoulder with them and fighting for their rights. Together, let’s work on building a future free from AIDS. More information: https://www.worldaidsday.org/
Shared image - At Elsevier, today, we join the World to celebrate World AIDS Day
At Elsevier, today, we join the World to celebrate World AIDS Day
www.elsevier.com

Elsevier Photos

+ Add Photo
Elsevier photo of: Village Pump area
Elsevier photo of: Elsevier won 5 awards for Best Global Workplace Culture, Best Business Outlook, Best Design and Product Team, Best Operations Team and Best Employer in New York
Elsevier photo of: Elsevier won 2021 Kincentric Award
Elsevier photo of: Celebrating the phenomenal women of Elsevier
Elsevier photo of: Elsevier, Chennai office
Elsevier photo of: Join our tech team
Elsevier photo of: Elsevier won 5 Comparably Awards

Wiley

3.7

1,672 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,742 Elsevier reviews submitted anonymously by Elsevier employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Elsevier is right for you.