Elutions Reviews | Glassdoor

"Mid-Level Manager"

Current Employee - Manager Level in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager Level in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Elutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Elutions continues to evolve and remains a cutting edge technology company. They have 4 global offices and pursue clients all over the world. They value hard work and results allowing young employees to enter leadership early. They have the agility of a small start up with the resources of an established multi-national company.
    - Plenty of travel opportunities.
    - Competitive Pay
    - Leadership that cares
    - Bonus opportunities depending on department
    - Constantly improving

Cons

- Coordinating with teams in 4 locations can be challenging.
    - Travel (they tell you up front, be you'll be flying places if you're in a leadership roll.)
    - Workload can vary based on client contracts/project cycles

Advice to Management

Continue new employee development and communication initiatives. Review employee benefits annually.

"Decent company that sincerely wants to be world class."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Elutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cool products and coworkers. Plenty of hats to wear.

Cons

Dysfunctional management of suppliers. Every mistake is justification for non-payment and lawsuits. Every build of hardware is with a brand new supplier that makes a mistake, or misses a delivery date and gets no money and a lawsuit for their efforts. When I was there I waited months for travel reimbursement. I know one person who had over $25000 in pending expenses, on his own credit card of course.

Advice to Management

Pay your suppliers on time and develope working, rather than adversarial, relationships. Then you can get stuff built on time with no mistakes and increase your profit margin. You also save time and money by not having to hunt for the next supplier. Repay peoples' travel expenses within two weeks of their expense reports, like most all companies. One month delay max. Matching 401k would help you recruit and retain employees.

"Great Team, Great Company"

Current Employee - Director Level in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director Level in Tampa, FL

Pros

A knowledgeable team that has big business insight with small business agility. Multinational approach is exciting and provides opportunities for travel. Leadership team continues to evolve with opportunities for employee development and building a quality team. Current employees are brilliant, energetic, and committed to taking the company to the next level. Elutions brings on the best talent available, with recent hires coming from Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Boston College. Best place I've worked.

Cons

- With 4 global locations, coordinating time zones takes a little effort.
    - Travel is required for Directors and higher (but Elutions tells you before you take the job)

Advice to Management

Continue monthly managerial communications. Employee feedback is great, enhance the policy to make it more formal on an annual basis.

"Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Delafield, WI
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Delafield, WI

I worked at Elutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, friendly people. They work on interesting problems. Decent benefits and good paid time off. Pay is okay given the benefits, but is much lower than an average pay of entry-level engineers at other companies.

Cons

They may not let you work on the problems which matches your skill set. They have an incompetent IT department which put undue restrictions on the employees. (e.g. Google Chrome is banned even though some features only work on Chrome). They will not give you any notice of termination, so giving them any notice of resignation is not expected. They do not do exit interviews. They do not question their own decisions or believe that they aren't the best in the business even though they are not. They do not trust they're employees with standard development tools.

Advice to Management

Hire decent DevOps people who will actually help instead of hinder workflow. Give your employees reasonable work requirements, such as work which is actually possible given the resources available (e.g. if they need a database, let them use one). Tell your employees what is happening instead of purposefully keeping them in the dark.

"Great freedom, little guidance, and behind on the funds."

Former Employee - Lead Applications Engineer (Project Manager Depending On the Day) in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great people, great experience. Ping pong.

Cons

Never got a single bonus, promised monthly. Most notibly inexperienced management, and poor management of funds. Great experience environment and people, but constant 2 steps forward 3 steps back financial approach. Disproportionate compensation for services provided, and excessive exchange rate costs covered by staff. No parking.

Advice to Management

Pay your skilled staff significantly more to ensure they stay. Skilled workers with experience put a company on auto-pilot and reduce stress. A good worker is worth 4 bad workers, so pay the good ones 4 times more, and a career worker is an early retirement.

"Ocean full of Challenges, Land range of opportunities,sky range of scope for recognition,This is a world u wil wanna be"

I have been working at Elutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging Tasks everyday, Multiple projects at a time, loads of travelling lots of constructive pressure..and dont worry to bring u out f it you have some fishbowls, enjoyable colleagues , ping pong time and again. Company is rapidly growing with huge magnitude and in various directions. It always give weight to personal growth and enables you to meet the big promises that we make to client and always reminds you of your oath that you owe ...the ultimate oath to save energy for the world.

Cons

Salary ...I am not satisfied with what they pay ..No one is ever satisfied with what they get ....and rightly so coz the day u feel satisfied your brain stops working and we wont wake up thinking that there is more to do.

Advice to Management

The field in which we are is a a very competitive and challenging field ....we may end up in a stage of stagnation anytime...Be well prepared ahead to face such a situation. Show way for Qualified an certified professionals into the company , gather more resources and provide training to existing employees to hone their skills enable them with all weapons to face the world with confidence.

"It is a perfect place to begin your career!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Elutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. the company is in rapid development, so you have the chance to touch different projects, which are challenging but a lot of fun!
    2. very nice management, the whole company is like a big family and you can really feel you are part of it .
    3. the energy saving solution is a market with great potential, and this is what we do now.

Cons

because the office is in downtown, so maybe you need to spend some time on traffic, especially when you finish work and go back home.

"Great Place to Work, Strong Commitment to Clients, Rapidly Growing Company"

Current Employee - Management Level Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Management Level Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Elutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This really is a great place to work and start a career! I've been here for more than four years and really find myself growing more and more involved with this company and its success on a daily basis.

The staff is great, full of brilliant individuals and truly hardworking and the management team is full of experience and always looking for how they can make our work experience better.

I've traveled the world, met with executives of some of the largest companies in the world and regularly participate in meetings that I wouldn't have the opportunity to in a larger company.

The company continues to grow and bring on even more brilliant people every month. They also find ways to keep a balance at the office by going to events, lunches, keeping the office active and fun to be at.

Cons

I think we could be told a bit more about what is going on across the whole company. certain departments get caught up in their communication channel, but it does feel like we have to ask what's going on sometimes versus being told.

Advice to Management

Would love to see an Xbox in the office, or something that allows us to track our progress against other employees, like an achievement system. Maybe keeping up on the activities would be fun too.

"Great Learning Curve! Cutting Edge Technology! Huge start to your career!"

I have been working at Elutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a very dynamic and rapidly growing organization. You get lots of exposure to work on whole new projects even if you are just a beginner. You get loads of opportunities to travel abroad and interact with upper management time and again. The company is diversifying its smart building technology into various other fields and this makes the job for all of us very challenging. Casual attire during summers is encouraged and there is always some paddles and ping-pong table to take a break from your work.

Cons

It does not provide matching 401(k). Infact I do not know anyone who has a 401 (k) policy here. The upper management is deaf to the concern of the employees at times. They listen to it but nothing happens. The company thrives on healthy competition between employees but does not provide enough timely compensation and appropriate remuneration.

Advice to Management

They should include matching 401(k) in the perks as most companies do. More effective and efficient approach to resource management. Also, give opportunities for employees to nurture their talents and encourage them to undergo industry defined training courses and give CERTIFICATION exams relevant to their field of study.

"Good Place to start Career"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Elutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its gives better platform to learn and helps/supports new graduates to have easy transition to Industry.
    Company is growing and company has lot of opportunities to grow with it.
    Maintaining work-life balance is easy with the company.
    Its is pretty chilled out over here with young colleagues.

Cons

I add more value to the company than the amount of salary company gives me.
    Though Elutions is IT driven company, Elutions Tampa has no proper IT infrastructure (Internet speeds are very slow, no proper workstations etc.).
    No perks to employees who work at Elutions.