Elysium Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 20, 2019

4.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "fast-paced, lateral communication, fun, smart people"

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to be proactive and take on projects, responsibilities. Truly room for growth. Very smart and dedicated colleagues.

Cons

none really that I can name. It's a startup so people work hard. But I haven't yet felt like I dislike coming to work.

2. "Many positives, great potential"

Pros

I stopped working at Elysium under difficult personal circumstances. I’ve now had the space to reflect and think I can make a fair assessment. There are many positives to working here. In fact if it’s the right fit, it can be a home run. The work is meaningful, the pay is high (for the healthcare field at least), there are many wonderful employees, perks are offered, and the office is beautiful. It is a truly mission-driven and innovative company. Had it been the right time for me, the conditions were mostly there to thrive long term.
    I should also mention that I had a very positive interviewing and hiring experience. Adam ran a rigorous but transparent and fair process.

Cons

The rules and expectations seemed to vary significantly across employees and teams, definitely beyond typical variation. Accommodations were offered to some and denied to others. But if you’ve proven yourself to be an asset, you will enjoy significant flexibility should you need it.

Healthcare benefits could be better (at least for the healthcare field). As a somewhat high utilizer I spent a lot out of pocket due to coverage and high deductible.

Onboarding was pretty nonexistent for me.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow female leadership. Offer lower deductible health insurance options.

3. "Feel like I hit the lotto"

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

Inspiring company, truly driven by the mission with incredible leadership that invests time in teaching and growing employees to be the best they can be. Sounds cheesy and impossible but it's true! Benefits are great, with solid perks and wonderful office space.

Cons

Could use more diversity throughout the company, especially leadership and board members

4. "Great Start Up Ambiance"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a place to learn and grow than a place to work.
    Extremely motivated work force.
    They all share and carry the same vision.
    Great science backed by a scientific advisory board of Nobel Laureates.
    This is the place to be for anyone who is hungry for knowledge and looking for an opportunity to grow, take on new opportunities where we have not had any experience at all etc.
    Very challenging work opportunities.
    Young and energetic team.
    Tons of opportunities.
    Great cross functional interface.
    If you like to take ownership and be accountable for your tasks, this is the place to be.
    Great leadership.
    Innovative culture.
    They support employee health by $100 allowance/month
    They support employee education to an extent.
    Great educational/conference opportunities depending on the team.
    Super friendly environment.
    They provide lunch to employees once a week and many other perks.
    And much more.

Cons

Working with start ups always comes with certain adjustments. Sometimes it might feel as if there is no clarity on what our exact roles are and what the priorities are. But I think I thats a good problem to have, if you are a person who likes to get involved in a variety of thing.

As long as there is a yearning to learn and treat every day as a great opportunity, there are not much cons considering the pros.

5. "Breakthrough science and innovation in a collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Science
    Current Employee - Science

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Company mission is great for anyone who is looking to make a difference
    -Great learning opportunity
    -Personal and professional development
    -Introduction to industry
    -Strong scientific advisory
    -Freedom to innovate and champion ideas

-Compensation/Health and Wellness benefits
    -Work/life balance
    -Flexibility in work hours
    -Incredibly talented, accomplished and friendly colleagues- there is so much to learn from everyone around you
    -Coffee/snacks
    -Convenient location - public transportation nearby

Cons

Less of a "Con" but a difference from other companies:

The company is smaller so roles are not completely defined- dealing with ambiguity and being able to shift gears on a dime are a must. If you like a routine schedule and knowing exactly what project/task you will be working on day to day basis then you might go through an adjustment period

6. "An amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Elysium Health has an INCREDIBLE culture. I really appreciate transparency from different teams, and I always feel as though I am in the know (to the extent that I could be). Everyone is always willing to help, and I never feel discouraged asking questions. Elysium Health is a company that truly cares about their employees.

Cons

None I could think of!

7. "Elysium Health - Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, motivated coworkers
    Flexible work environment
    Opportunity for growth
    Chance to do meaningful work for a company that wants to change the way we think about health

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but people are ver motivated and do work hard!

8. "Fantastic company & fantastic people"

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

Mission-driven and science-focused company that is dedicated to translating the latest scientific developments in healthcare to effective consumer products. The leadership team are incredible, highly talented individuals that bring so much experience and expertise to enable the company to grow. All staff are super-friendly and willing to get stuck into new challenges outside their comfort zones. Also most employees have a science background, and there is genuine interest and passion about the latest scientific developments within human health. The CEO and COO have big ambitions for the company, which is very inspiring! They also recognize hard work, which is rewarded with promotions and the opportunity to move up the ranks. Also some great perks, like wellness reimbursements (gym, etc) and good healthcare coverage.

Cons

Honestly find it difficult to identify any cons - hours can be a little long at times, so if you are looking for a strict 9 to 5 this is probably not for you.

9. "Struggles"

I worked at Elysium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a learning experience.

Cons

Certain members of the team at Elysium have led to the development of a toxic culture. There is very much a boys' club and if you are not part of that, good luck to you. You will be forced to work long hours, late nights and weekends are expected.

10. "Big fan of the management team and career development"

I worked at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

- Learned a lot
    - Great management team

Cons

- Typical company growth problems where things change quickly and the company outgrows people in certain roles