Elysium Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Amazing mission driven team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Elysium's been a fascinating place to work. The company's mission (to help people live healthier, for longer) is a daily inspiration and everyone on the team from the CEO on down is incredibly smart and passionate. Because the company is small, you're free to contribute in all areas of the business – there's really no dumb ideas.

Cons

None really. There's some long hours here and there, but everyone's striving towards the same vision and it's actually quite rewarding to see your efforts make an impact.

2. "An amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Elysium Health has an INCREDIBLE culture. I really appreciate transparency from different teams, and I always feel as though I am in the know (to the extent that I could be). Everyone is always willing to help, and I never feel discouraged asking questions. Elysium Health is a company that truly cares about their employees.

Cons

None I could think of!

"Very mixed"

Pros

Fair and transparent interviewing process. Very positive hiring process overall.
    Fun / relaxed yet serious company culture.
    Extremely passionate employees and management.
    Good pay for the health field.
    Major flexibility and accommodations available, but it seems only for some.

Cons

Standards of conduct and requirements seem to vary significantly across teams and individual employees, beyond the typical variation that can exist between different managers. This feels quite glaring in a company with 30-40 employees. Significant flexibility and accommodations appear to be allowed for some while others on a similar level seem to be denied this or even disciplined to the point of termination, despite what appear to be equally compelling grounds for similar accommodations.

Also, health insurance options aren’t great for the healthcare field in terms of deductible and coverage. But with average utilization, I think pay does make up for a lot of this.

There’s some toxicity at the upper management level, though plenty of amazing upper management as well.

Onboarding and role definition did not feel clear to me but in some ways I actually appreciated the startup mentality of figuring it out as we go/grow.

4. "Elysium Health - Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart, motivated coworkers
    Flexible work environment
    Opportunity for growth
    Chance to do meaningful work for a company that wants to change the way we think about health

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but people are ver motivated and do work hard!

5. "Fantastic company & fantastic people"

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

Mission-driven and science-focused company that is dedicated to translating the latest scientific developments in healthcare to effective consumer products. The leadership team are incredible, highly talented individuals that bring so much experience and expertise to enable the company to grow. All staff are super-friendly and willing to get stuck into new challenges outside their comfort zones. Also most employees have a science background, and there is genuine interest and passion about the latest scientific developments within human health. The CEO and COO have big ambitions for the company, which is very inspiring! They also recognize hard work, which is rewarded with promotions and the opportunity to move up the ranks. Also some great perks, like wellness reimbursements (gym, etc) and good healthcare coverage.

Cons

Honestly find it difficult to identify any cons - hours can be a little long at times, so if you are looking for a strict 9 to 5 this is probably not for you.

6. "Struggles"

I worked at Elysium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a learning experience.

Cons

Certain members of the team at Elysium have led to the development of a toxic culture. There is very much a boys' club and if you are not part of that, good luck to you. You will be forced to work long hours, late nights and weekends are expected.

7. "Big fan of the management team and career development"

I worked at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

- Learned a lot
    - Great management team

Cons

- Typical company growth problems where things change quickly and the company outgrows people in certain roles

8. "I rarely write reviews, but Elysium Changed me."

I worked at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

I loved every second at Elysium. My husband was relocated to L.A. and I tried the remote thing for a few months, but I felt like I was holding back the organization. Very accommodating, lovely people, and I think I am a better person for working at Elysium.

Cons

I can not think of one. They put up with my move and working remote. Great people doing great things.

"Groundbreaking, category-leader"

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time

Pros

- Big mission and it matters - improving quality of life by bringing groundbreaking science directly to consumers
    - Elysium is a category leader and pioneer in life sciences
    - Small team doing incredible things to impact human lives
    - No idea or goal is too grand
    - Incredible team and culture - everyone has a voice
    - Big focus on education and personal and professional growth
    - Tons of health perks (we're a healthcare company!)
    - The best scientific advisors (8 Nobel laureates) and access to them. So much learning

Cons

Team is very committed so sometimes that means long hours.

10. "Core values at work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Elysium Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's rare that personal passions are a central part of your work life, but that's not true at Elysium Health. I am so fulfilled by and excited about the work that the company is doing for human health that I always look forward to going to work. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to tackle these challenges.

Cons

It's a common pitfall of work that you have to prioritize tasks and projects and be okay with leaving things undone or in-progress as part of the day-to-day, but that is especially hard at Elysium Health. The work is so important that you always want to be doing more and never leave anything to wait.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay grounded in your mission.