EmCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

4.0
Todd G. Zimmerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay-lots of job opportunities-I understand why (in 8 reviews)

• Great co workers and doctors to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Couldn't trust upper management to tell the truth (in 6 reviews)

• On call does not offer a work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Physician Assistant, Emergency Medicine, Full Time"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at EmCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a PA, the team of providers I work with is more important than the company signing my checks. What I love about EmCare is that they give our group just enough autonomy to allow our group to continue to work together cohesively. I always feel my concerns are heard and valued.

Cons

The major downside to working for EmCare is they do not contribute to your 401k. Otherwise, my only complaint is the employee section of the website is difficult to manage and navigate.

May 22, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We will share this input with the leadership team.

"Good company to grow with and make a difference in healthcare!"

Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Clearwater, FL

I worked at EmCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family culture - although two large divisions, cross assistance and communication occurs.

Cons

Management to be included in senior decisions should occur consistently and involve stakeholders, like the staff employees when implementing new ideas.

Advice to Management

Use your human resources to generate ideas, bring together the teams, and involve in the failures and successes. The Teams want to be part of the merger, the growth, the future. Speak to them and involve them. Utilize the vast amount of talent all around and do not segment processes.

Feb 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to lose such an engaged employee! We will sure this feedback with Envision's management, and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

3. "Decent Experience for a Recent Grad"

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager
    Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager

I have been working at EmCare (Less than a year)

Pros

The Clinical Information Manager (CIM) Department seems fairly organized overall and I appreciate the industrial/organizational improvements that management are attempting to implement at different work sites. There are also opportunities for growth within the department (i.e. projects, promotions), which is helpful for a recent college graduate who is seeking to build experience. Time commitment is also fair as it gives full-timers the chance to get involved in other commitments related to school and/or internships.

Cons

Area for improvement: Classroom training could have less focus on going over a lot of documents that can simply be reviewed at home and more focus on becoming very familiar with electronic health records, dictations, and billing/risk management since this usually should take more time. It was also a bit of an inconvenience to learn how to use one particular EHR during training and then on the job site have to learn how to use a completely different EHR.

Jan 23, 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success!

4. "Former employee with positive review"

Pros

Very good people who look out for each other in general, but with some politics that can be troublesome.

Cons

Large company that's growing and losing some of its perspective on the patient care aspect as well as taking carevof its employees a little better.

Dec 19, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We will share this information with management. We're sorry that the position wasn't what you expected. Good luck in your future endeavors.

5. "Scheduling Coordinator"

Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Assumption, IL
    Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Assumption, IL

I worked at EmCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started work1987ing with EmCare in 1987 so I got in on the ground floor. I was able to "grow" with the company and it was a very positive experience. I loved my job and the all of the people I worked with.

Cons

Being on-call had a negative effective on my personal life.

Oct 3, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for dedication to EmCare - and for your feedback. Good luck in your future endeavors.

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Dallas, TX

Pros

great management support, great opportunity for advancement

Cons

I can not think of any cons, more money is always better.

Aug 19, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Awesome to hear! Thank you for posting!

"Staffing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Largo, FL

I worked at EmCare (More than a year)

Pros

You are working in an extremely fast paced customer service environment. Your day is never boring. Most of the people you work with are great. The company has great benefits and offers a lot of company events and outings.

Cons

On call does not offer a work life balance. You could be there extremely late trying to fill an open shift for the next day.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize your staff and those who would be great leaders. Do not promote those who have just been there a long time. Listen to ideas from every team member. It may be valuable.

Jul 25, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback about this position. It will be shared with Management. Good luck in your future endeavors!

"Physician Assistant"

Former Employee - Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant in Panama City, FL
    Former Employee - Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant in Panama City, FL

I worked at EmCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Excellent physicians. Good work environment.

Cons

Focus on immediately greeting patient, patient wait times, length of stay, time to admission, etc. All these benchmarks are important, but not at the expense of patient care.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. Just greeting patients is not enough.

May 16, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you had a positive experience and appreciate your suggestions on improving the patient experience.

"Great job overall"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

Pros

Great compensation and benefits! I know that I am getting competitive pay for the job I perform.

Cons

Difficult as a large corporation to speak to anyone who can make decisions.

Advice to Management

Localize the market with an area representative, and make it known to employees, who to contact about concerns. I.e. this person is your benefits coordinator, this person is your credentialing coordinator, etc.

May 16, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you've had a positive experience, and we will look into your suggestions.

10. "Site Coordinator"

Pros

Indepence with work is great. Management is very understanding of a having a good work life balance.

Cons

Salary could be better, benefits are decent though.

May 16, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate hearing your thoughts and value all of our employees.