Cover image for Emanate Health

Healthcare

1d

a

HIM

I'm a RN by title but left the profession to pursue other things. I'm currently in HIM dept at our local hospital, I'm tossing around becoming a coder. Has anyone on here ever switch gears and branched of their nursing education and go to coding or something in healthcare? Please share your experiences or suggestions.

34 Comments

Healthcare

125.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Emanate Health~20262
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Emanate Health? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Emanate Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Emanate Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Best Place to work!

Feb 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is one of the best places to work at. I have grown so much under my leadership and continue to learn. It feels like I am working with family every single day, thank you Emanate Health for being such a positive organization!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company but union heavy

Jan 15, 2023 - Administrative in West Covina, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is wonderful, helpful, and great teamwork! Directors and managers jump in and help when short staffed, and administrators buy meals frequently for staff, especially when short staffed.

Cons

Unfortunately no matter how much teamwork and supportive management, the union is always showing up at hospital, which creates hostile environment. I’ve worked at other hospitals where they don’t do half as much for the staff and they don’t push their agenda as much as they do here. Truly sad.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Emanate Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company To work for.

Jan 12, 2023 - Customer Service Representative in San Gabriel, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I do have to say I have been working for a lot of companies and Hospitals and by far the caring staff and management really do care for its employes. They go out of their way to make sure that we all are treated fairly and motivate us to come to work. Its not only a Job its a place to get paid and have fun. I really enjoyed the Times In N OUT came in, or Manger's would Serve us Ice Scream when it was HOT. Although they don't have to, they went out of their way to ensure that we all had a great time. I will miss that from this place. I left for another opportunity as I was continuing my education and was sad but Life goes on and needed to peruse higher education otherwise I would still be there.

Cons

Not really Much to say that is Negative, just wish I had more uniform Shirts. MORE IN and OUTS would be AMAZING.. or Maybe letting us or staff have 2 BURGERS instead of one. hahah, STill great.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 23, 2023 - Registration Representative in Glendora, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great bosses and great coworkers

Cons

Hard to move up in the company

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great job

Jan 4, 2023 - Administrative Nursing Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great working conditions.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Nice place to work, nice leadership

Jan 17, 2023 - Registered Nurse in West Covina, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and decent facility. I work in the newer Family Birth and Newborn Center so that may be why.

Cons

Staffing is pretty challenging often during winter. The leadership is nice. I’ve talked to the CNE when she rounds and she kinda seems lost and confused but overall nice.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Overall Slightly Above Average

Jan 19, 2023 - Intern Pharmacist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, easy-going work environment

Cons

Pay seemed like it was on the lower side, outdated technology

9. 3.0

Pay could be better

Jan 18, 2023 - RN II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, managers care for their team

Cons

Pay could be higher for the acuity and amount of patients

10. 3.0

No long term growth

Jan 13, 2023 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and open door management

Cons

Some staffs are toxics Old and tight spaces

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Company with some Favoritism

Dec 8, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

The teamwork here is good. I really love a lot of the people. I know that when I come to work I am going to work hard, but I have a lot more good shifts than bad ones. Lots of resources and lots of support.

Cons

The culture is one where if you’re not a favorite of the CNO, you don’t get what you need. I continually brought my concerns to the CNO, but she is fake and plays favorites. All she cares about is her stroke team. She doesn’t care about the rest of the staff. She even bought them all jackets but not the rest of the staff. She constantly forgets what I tell her saying that she “will look into it” but every time I say something I have to remind her of the conversation. It’s frustrating because she seems to remember everything that feeds into her ego.

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 328 Reviews
</>Embed

Emanate Health Reviews FAQs

Emanate Health has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 383 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Emanate Health to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Emanate Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Emanate Health. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

87% of Emanate Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Emanate Health 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Emanate Health to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with Emanate Health Job Seekers