Embassy Suites Reviews
58% would recommend to a friend
(1028 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Horrible management..and their corporate office is just as bad they seem to wash their hands clean of everything." (in 65 reviews)
- "Low pay and dealing with angry guests." (in 59 reviews)
- "long hours and very over" (in 31 reviews)
- "If you don't have good manager's prepare to throw away all the awesome perks because It's not worth it." (in 20 reviews)
- "Upper management wanted complete control and was pretty terrible to staff if you were not in their “click”" (in 17 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Embassy Suites and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,028 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023ServerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDenver, CO
I made a solid amount of money and on some nights had incredible tips. Every one of my coworkers was delightful and made it such an incredible experience
There was constant workplace drama with the management making poor decisions and relying to heavily on the understaffed workers. The head manager and food and beverage managers were out of touch and relying on the working manager for absolutely everything.
- 2.0Nov 27, 2023Front Desk AgentCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Juan, PR
Parking, Uniform Health Insurance and lunch
401 no good doesnt match Pay is minimal lots of turnovers employees leaving.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Front Desk SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDenton, TX
good people, good bosses, fun coworkers, caring staff
The policy for sales/online to overbook rooms make working the front desk difficult and stressful environment to work in.
- 3.0Nov 3, 2023Front Desk ReceptionistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKnoxville, TN
Pros: actual job is easy to learn and I loved some of my coworkers
Pay in hospitality generally is not up to living standards. $14.50/ hr is ridiculous especially when fast food is paying more. Absolutely no support from management. The front desk was left to handle all guest issues but didn’t actually have the authority to give refunds. Very easy to get burned out at this job… it is thankless. Also- no room for advancement AT ALL
- 5.0Nov 19, 2023Front Desk SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMurfreesboro, TN
Management, meals,team,benefits, sick pto , vacation pto , floating holiday
Hours, low staffed , pay , no commissions
- 2.0Nov 14, 2023Night Auditor/Front Desk AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearThe Woodlands, TX
Pay is better than neighboring hotels in the area. Great start to get experience on your resume.
Management needs improvement on their training and managing skills. Management and HR sucks.
- 3.0Nov 17, 2023Front Desk AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
offered employee lunch, great location, and nice hotel
The team, construction was rushed, lack of care
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Front Office ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPiscataway, NJ
Great General Manager great working environment
Not corporate Hilton Worked during covid without protection
Embassy Suites Reviews FAQs
Embassy Suites has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,053 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Embassy Suites to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
58% of Embassy Suites employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Embassy Suites 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.