Emerald Technology Recruitment Global Headhunter Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Emerald Technology Recruitment Global Headhunter Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2016

Found 4 reviews

2.6
Emerald Technology Recruitment CEO Mike Jones (no image)
Mike Jones

"Don't be fooled"

Former Employee - Global Headhunter

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are great! Some of the team leaders have superb technical knowledge and are willing to share it with you.

Cons

If you don't bleed Emerald you won't get anywhere! Expectancy to work 12 hr days regardless of your workload. Some of the staff are complete and utter idiots but are loved by the management.

Advice to Management

Stop the hire and fire mentality!

Emerald Technology Recruitment2016-06-13

June 20, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review - we’re pleased to hear that you respect the technical knowledge of the team leaders here, as training vertical market experts is something we pride ourselves upon. As for the rest of our staff, we must disagree - we believe that our team is world-class, and we intend to continue investing in each and every individual, as well as bringing on board fresh additions, to ensure that it remains that way.

"Old school attitudes and drug fuelled dictatorship culture"

Former Employee - Global Headhunter in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office. Well trained (but not implemented).

Cons

Smash the phones all day everyday. Have no life. Do as the Managers say and line their pockets. No excuses. New and experienced staff thrown out the door with no thought or any form of procedure. Promote favourites with no skill or leadership experience. Give them no training and don't think your getting paid enough to do the job. If you have any ideas don't expect to have them heard. Try and do something different... and expect to be looking for a new job. Emerald way or the highway!

Advice to Management

Try putting leaders in leadership positions. That seems to work better than big billing dictators!

Emerald Technology Recruitment2016-02-05

June 13, 2016Company Director

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re pleased that you enjoyed the office environment; and also that you appreciated the induction training, which we have injected considerable time and effort into creating and refining. However, we will take your other comments on board, as we are always looking to improve.

"Positive attitudes and problem solvers get far!"

Current Employee - Global Headhunter in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have a normal level of common sense and are open to learning from the people who have the key and advice you will get far! You will become a subject matter expert and could be a part of one of the most talked about Technology Solution providers. I personally have made a substantial amount of money working here, all I did was listen, learn and remain positive with a "can do" attitude. If you have a focus and... happy to work hard, you'll be there forever! I've seen many people come and go, they go because they cannot handle the dedication required and this industry is far too testing for them. If you think you have what it takes, you will become a legacy member of Emerald Technology!

Cons

Long hours, but the commission is worth it.. Small companies will have teething problems, but I know I can offer a value through the growth process to help make these changes happen for the benefit of the staff.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2015-10-31

June 13, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review; it’s great to hear your positive comments on the business. We pride ourselves on providing our staff with the opportunity to work with game-changing technology solution providers, and we’re glad that you appreciate this. We do, however, appreciate that you’ve noticed the struggles often faced by smaller organisations, and will take your feedback into consideration going forward.

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Global Headhunter in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic training, inspirational Managing Director, Vision for the business is amazing. This is the place you want to be right now in terms of business growth. Everyone works hard and pulls together, great social aspect, great commission and rewards. Lots of incentives

Cons

Its recruitment!!!!! Ups and downs and hard work is required. You need to be motivated and hardworking to work here - you need to put in the time to be a success!

Emerald Technology Recruitment2015-10-13

June 14, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review; we’re pleased that Emerald has made a strong impression on you. We will keep your comments in mind, to ensure that we maintain the positives of the workplace whilst continuing to progress in the right direction.

Found 4 reviews