Emerald Technology Recruitment Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Emerald Technology Recruitment Recruitment Consultant Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2016

Found 4 reviews

Emerald Technology Recruitment CEO Mike Jones (no image)
Mike Jones

"Low Base salaries Over egged targets"

Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment

Pros

Have a really strong opinion of themselves - bordering on arrogance Have a good MD/CEO who is an excellent recruiter Comission Scheme was good

Cons

Large targets - not convinced on the realism of them No opportunity to work in big accounts as they are hogged Believe they are superior to other consultancies , but they offer just the same service Low base salary - not good payers at entry level

Emerald Technology Recruitment2016-07-08

July 13, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review – we’re pleased to hear that you approve of our MD as an excellent recruiter, and that your feelings on our commission scheme are positive. However, we must stand by our targets, which we believe are realistic and achievable. We also do our utmost to offer a unique, ‘niche’ service to our clients and customers.

"Working here!"

Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment

Pros

Great training delivered by the MD, great OTEs and the genuine chance to earn over £100k! The Directors are all promoted internally too.

Cons

As everyone is so committed to success, both the consultants and management, it can be long hours - though that is a small con as they don't really notice it!

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company, and keep the regular pay rises! Keep promoting internally, as it's the best policy to help retain staff!

Emerald Technology Recruitment2015-10-19

June 13, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review – it’s great to hear your positive feedback on the training and monetary rewards that we offer. We endeavour to promote internally wherever we possibly can, so we’re glad that you recognise and appreciate this. We’ll utilise this feedback to continue to improve our business moving forward.

"Brilliant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, regular salary increases if you hit target and a generous commission scheme (I believe one of the best in the recruitment market in Birmingham) and top days out. Business is growing, strong story and good reputation overall. Management team oozes passion, market knowledge and have a strong desire to succeed.

Cons

Can improve on work life balance, pressure can be high and communication could be better although this is probably standard for most recruitment companies.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2015-09-23

June 14, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your review - we’re happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the training you have received, and that you approve of the business’ direction. We do our best to reward our consistent performers, so it’s great that you have listed this as a benefit. However, we will certainly take on board your feedback about work-life balance, and continue to look at ways we can improve this for our employees.

"Emeralds way or no way."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Emerald Technology Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The MD is very inspiring and a good leader. The office is a great central location with a great open feel.

Cons

The business is very much a one size fits all business, you are often feel like you are just a machine churning over one thing after another for the directors without building a personal identity or brand within the business. There is very little and not transparency within the business and you are made to feel like you are only there to fill jobs to get the directors to their own personal goals. You are made to... sell from 9am on the dot until 12.30. then from 1.30 till 5..... nothing else can be done is this time apart from making endless sales calls like a machine.... leading to people having no time apart from after work to get much else completed... making the ability to achieve a work life balance very hard. Everything you do is very micro managed giving you the feeling that you are there to smile and dial nothing else. The company has a lot of potential to achieve great things with some excellent recruitment consultants within it, however the senior managements constant need to know every detail of every role and activity every day can make the environment very tense.

Advice to Management

Give the recruitment consultants more trust and allow them to work with more autonomy.

Emerald Technology Recruitment2015-11-04

June 14, 2016Company Director

Thank you for your feedback - we’re pleased you feel that our office is well-located, and also that our MD has made a strong impression on you. It’s disappointing that you weren’t left with a more positive outlook from your overall experience with Emerald, but we’ll certainly take your comments on board in our quest for continuous improvement.

Found 4 reviews