Emerge Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Jason Goldberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fremont, CA

I worked at Emerge Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the people. Everyone makes you feel like you're part of the family. It's a great place to work because you're friends with your coworkers, which is REALLY important. Everyone cares about you and your personal growth, which is a huge plus.

Cons

Your time there will be what you make of it. As long as you don't mind working hard you're good.

Advice to Management

PIZZA NIGHT!!

2. "Account Executive"

Pros

Good money if you can't find a job somewhere else. Good team environment but I didn't need that, I needed room for a promotion.

Cons

Did not make enough money.

"Scam - door to door sales, beware!"

Former Employee - Marketing in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Oakland, CA

I worked at Emerge Marketing Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people interviewing me seemed friendly. If you like door to door sales, this job might be for you - otherwise, don't waste your time.

Cons

Before seriously considering this company, do yourself a favor and read the "positive" reviews on this page - it's very clear they're all (poorly) written by the same person, which is dishonest and deceptive. The positive reviews don't say anything specific - just vague, meaningless statements about "growth", "culture", and "good management" without actually elaborating on anything.

Have you tried looking the company up? Try googling Emerge Marketing Group and see what comes up. Their "official" site is a WordPress blog (visiting their actual site - emergemarketinggroup.com - gives a virus message on Chrome), and it doesn't even list who the clients are. Seems a little suspicious that a marketing company can't even articulate who they're working with, or for, as this is typically a primary selling point for attracting potential employees.

Or, try looking up their CEO, Jason Goldberg. There is no information about him online - he's a ghost. His LinkedIn says he's been at Emerge since 2008, but the company was only founded in 2014 - that sure seems odd!

I know something was off when I visited the office for an interview a while back and my interviewer mistakenly referred to the company as "Paradigm Consulting Group". After doing a bit of research, it appears that Emerge Marketing Group and Paradigm Consulting Group are part of the same scam where apparently legitimate companies claim to provide young professionals with great growing experience, without explaining that this "experience" is DOOR TO DOOR SALES.

Notice how the one negative review on this page mentions that the income is 100% commission based, and is door to door selling disguised as something completely different. I was so desperate for a job coming out of college that I applied here thinking it was a more legitimate company, and am very happy I did more research and quickly figured out it was a complete scam. Don't waste your time like I did - heed this advice and steer far clear from this joke of a company.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting the time of recent college graduates by promising them things they aren't going to get. Be up front with people and have the guts to tell them you're giving them a low-level door-to-door sales job, not helping them become leaders.

To me, nothing is worse than being dishonest in the professional environment, and by preying on recent college graduates, you're really doing a bad job at being a respectable or relevant company.

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Emerge Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Emerge Marketing Group for a little over a year now, and I absolutely love this company. Everybody that works here is always nice, helpful, and they love their job. All of the other places I've worked at is nowhere near as welcoming, and people are not willing to lend a helping hand. At Emerge, everybody helps each other to reach their goals in becoming successful.

Cons

So far I have none.

Jun 4, 2015 – Human resources

We are happy that you enjoy our inclusive and intellectual work space! Keep up the good work and we can't wait to see you in Cancun for our Rest and Relaxation rendezvous.

5. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Emerge Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first pro that comes to mind is the positive, high energy work environment. There is a clear growth structure and tons of support along the way. This is a great opportunity for ambitious people with a good work ethic.

Cons

Too many good looking people in one area.

6. "Positive & friendly environment"

I have been working at Emerge Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are super friendly! I love that the company is full of young, hardworking individuals. The office space and people are very professional. That fact alone attracted me to this company. People are very helpful and willing to help others, even if they are new to the company. I like that employees are determined individuals and very welcoming. It is refreshing to see people that actually enjoy their job when they show up to work.

Cons

I don't have any so far. A fun environment is MOST important to me. And not being around grumpy people who hate coming to work. I didn't find that here, so there is no cons for me right now.

Advice to Management

Great job on keeping happy employees that making working enjoyable.

"Door to Door sales disguised as "career opportunity ""

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Emerge Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned some business and leadership "skills" here and developed a thick skin from being mistreated constantly

Cons

100% commission
    No compensation for gas and milleage
    2 to 4 hours of brainwashing at the office daily, often repeating anecdotal bull crap on a daily basis to Isolate you from learning anything negative about the company.
    Was lied to and cheated out of money that i earned
    6+ hours spent going door to door until it's the middle of the night.
    Was obligated to show up to "company team nights" twice a week for more brainwashing and spend money that i clearly wasn't making.

Advice to Management

Give an actual base and don't trap people into starting by giving them false information on income average or what they will be doing. Also cut back hours but don't misreprent yourself.

Jun 4, 2015 – Human resources

Thank you for your honest response. We appreciate feedback from previous employees, however biased opinions do no good for interested parties. We are very clear about our marketing strategies, modes... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Oakland, CA

Pros

Endless growth and development around leadership, sales, communication, and leveraging networks, bonuses

Cons

Commission based with high bonuses, talking to strangers

Advice to Management

Most people in life feel owed things; keep creating a culture of support, success, and hard working high achievers and the will continue to grow.

Jun 4, 2015 – Human resources

We appreciate your positive feedback and hard work. Keep up the good work!!!

"Real Opportunity!!!"

Pros

Employees working at this company get big bonus checks!! Two of the management members this past February took home 70 grand bonus each!!! Check out the photos above. :)

Cons

louis vuitton shoes are expensive....

Advice to Management

Please dont take this bonus cash away!!!

Jun 4, 2015 – Human resources

With those Louis Vuitton shoes I am sure your are crushing it!!

"It was unbelievable!"

Pros

The company is great. If you're self motivated and have aspirations of becoming your own boss this is the job for you. The team is great. Everyone is very helpful in helping you gain the knowledge you need to be at the top of your game.

Cons

No cons. I enjoyed working for the company.

Advice to Management

I don't have much advice to offer. I think the management team was really good. Everyone is really fun to work with.