Emergency Medicine Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Emergency Medicine Associates CEO Jacqueline Pollock
Jacqueline Pollock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You are always challenged and busy in your role at EMA" (in 40 reviews)

• "Just to name a few things that make this a GREAT PLACE TO WORK" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is a lot of work to be done" (in 2 reviews)

• "On call shifts are required and schedules need to be released earlier" (in 2 reviews)

"Regulatory Consultant"

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time

Pros

I work with a great group of doctors, and my boss is great.

Cons

Too much travel. Not a lot of work life balance.

"Regional Human Resources Generalist"

Former Employee - Regional Human Resources Generalist in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Regional Human Resources Generalist in Germantown, MD

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and progressive HR programs. The new VP of HR is a strong leader and overall great person.

Cons

No room for growth and HR changing in different directions. Many changes occuring all at once due to the merger and acquisition.

Advice to Management

Allow current and temporary employees to spread their wings to learn all aspects of the business. Give people a chance if they already have years of experience in their chosen field. It can only help the company grow and become stronger. I loved working here.

"Not the same company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This used to be an amazing company before Alteon Health came in and changed everything. This is not the EMA that has the amazing reviews. This is the Alteon Health with the bad reviews.

Cons

Bad Management. Lack of responsibility. Unethical. They are all about the bottom line and they will do anything to save a dollar. Don't accept a job here.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Take Jackie's name down as being the CEO, she is no longer here. You have destroyed what she built.

4. "billing analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

bonus at that time were great

Cons

change in ownership of company

"Poor work life balance"

Current Employee - APP- Virginia in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - APP- Virginia in Washington, DC

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time

Pros

Decent compensation and benefits

Cons

Scheduling; Little to no work life balance or individual preference in schedule. Regional site specific staff does scheduling. There is disparity/partiality in scheduling with imbalance in call shifts, holidays, overall shifts. Schedule feels punitive at times after PTO/other leave.

Advice to Management

More administrative involvement to ensure equitable scheduling and more individual preferences thereby improving employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention.

"Md"

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well run with great physicians

Cons

Very long working shifts at different locations

Advice to Management

More physicians

"Happy to have left"

I worked at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time

Pros

My boss and direct people I worked with

Cons

Human Resources needs some serious management changes ASAP - no other company would put up with this management style

Advice to Management

Human Resources was not truly a "human resource". Many people I worked with felt this way.
    People who work in Human Resources should want to help people. Consider reevaluating the person representing EMA in HR.

Emergency Medicine Associates Response

Jan 15, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to offer us some feedback. I am glad that you have enjoyed working with your team. At your convenience, I would like to address your concerns regarding the HR... More

8. "We are busy, but we are happy!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Germantown, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Germantown, MD

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are always challenged and busy in your role at EMA. There is never a dull moment. We are constantly learning and changing. Our team and our leadership genuinely care about each employee. This is clear -- everyone who has a baby receives a gift, if you experience a loss or an illness, you receive flowers, we ensure that we recognize each other with Bravo Awards, we have fun with our NFL Pick'EM pool, and the company provides the prizes. We will gather soon for our Annual Gala, we have an Annual Family Picnic, we celebrate and appreciate our Hospital Colleagues during Nurses' Week. Just to name a few things that make this a GREAT PLACE TO WORK. Leadership listens to and respects all staff.

Cons

Change is hard, and we are experiencing a lot of it. We know that we will get through it together. We are a team.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, don't lose your identity and your caring demeanor. It means a lot to staff.

"Close to home"

I have been working at Emergency Medicine Associates full-time

Pros

Close to home and work hours are good.

Cons

The flexibility is not a good as I would like.

"Exceptional Place To Work"

Pros

There is a transparent, cohesive culture at EMA that makes working there extremely professionally rewarding. Although this is a dynamic, expanding organization--it tripled its number of ER contracts in the past 9 years--it truly feels like a "family" with the hallmarks being respect for one another, close communication and collaboration and a real genuine "esprit de corps". The CEO, in particular, needs to be recognized as a gifted listener, a great communicator and a person who truly cares about everyone in the organization--and is fiercely committed to every employee fully realizing their potential. She is truly an extraordinary individual and likely one of the finest healthcare executives in the country.

Cons

This is not a place to 'punch a clock' or spend a good part of your workday complaing about this or that. There is a can-do proactive spirit around this place and if you don't come aboard with that attitude, you won't fit in at all. The culture is to seek solutions, not to pause and complain about friction points and roadblocks.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing; this is simply an extraordinary workplace!

Emergency Medicine Associates Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

I love your "can-do" attitude. You are right, we are problem solvers, not complainers. We appreciate people who bring solutions to the table. That's why we are so successful. Please let me know if... More