Emergent Health Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Emergent Health Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best EMS service in Michigan. Best pay and benefits in the industry (I've searched around) and the nicest equipment which is vital in this line of work. Rescue and transfer calls so we aren't doing the same types of calls over and over. Has been in business for over 35 years.

Cons

You will work hard if you are an employee here. We run a lot of calls, both rescue and transfers.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees. Take our concerns seriously and continue to keep us in touch with what is being done to tackle concerns.

"Wonderful place to work, great experience."

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Emergent Health Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High pay, decent health insurance, 403b, Generous Career Development Program (Tuition Reimbursement), PTO, STD, LTD, great coworkers, lots of overtime available.

Cons

Sometimes over zealous management, not in touch with the needs of employees with families, frequent changes to important company information without asking input from effected employees.

Advice to Management

Try to make company more family friendly.

"Best of the best"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Emergent Health Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Equipment is excellent, new and well maintained. County protocols allow for autonomy, and produce very well trained medics. Participates in study's and makes changes accordingly. MICU and Community Paramedic program in place. Medics are held to a high standard and are expected to provide exceptional patient care.

Cons

Shifts are not accommodating to family life. Benefits are terrible. Time off is half of what other companies provide. Employee retention is not a priority. Employee wellness is not a concern of management.

Advice to Management

Require education for management and supervisor staff. Treat employees as you want them to treat your best customers.

"paramedic"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Emergent Health Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

co-workers,road supervisors, newer equipment, pro-active with medical director

Cons

high upper management needs to get on board with listening to the employees, instead of looking at numbers and statistics. low pay, have to work many hours of overtime to make a above poverty living.

6. "IT Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Emergent Health Partners as an intern

Pros

The Staff is very down to earth and always willing to help.

Cons

There were none, it was a great learning experience for me.