Emergys Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Emergys Corp. Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2019

Emergys Corp. CEO Jai Shankar (no image)
Jai Shankar
  1. "Great Company with lots of potential"

in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Emergys Corp. for more than 8 years

Pros

Emergys has been a great place to work, with any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission, Emergys has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.

Cons

None to share at the moment.

Advice to Management

None

Emergys Corp.2015-11-20
  2. "Sad to see it go down!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Emergys Corp. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Emergys used to be a very balanced organization. While work could be stressful they did their best to offer flex options, and have outings in which families were included. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. They have gone from a company that valued it's employees, to one that no longer does. In an effort to "cut cost" they have cut the worker bees of the company, and are left mostly with those which are used... to pushing off the work on others.

Cons

When you lose sight of the value of your employees and people who have been there through thick and thin, unfortunately, it's a downhill slide from there. It's very deflating to see new H1B employees come in and gain all the knowledge they can from people who have been with the company for years, and very casually then let those people go. It doesn't look good for Emergys.

Advice to Management

It would be best if the original founder of the company took back over, get rid of the ones which have only brought the company down since they joined.

Emergys Corp.2018-09-28
  3. "Technical Solution Manager"

I worked at Emergys Corp. full-time

Pros

It is a very flexible workplace.

Cons

Some times long hours, specially around project dead lines.

Advice to Management

Mentor the employees so they can grow in their careers.

Emergys Corp.2017-05-25
  4. "Poor leadership"

I worked at Emergys Corp. full-time

Pros

Strong technical resources Proper mix of products and services Clear market focus

Cons

Incredibly poor management from top on down to the middle Sales leadership is non-existent The company has no idea what it wants to be

Advice to Management

Sell the company and go back into consulting

Emergys Corp.2015-10-16
  5. "Sales Representative"

Inside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Emergys Corp.

Pros

Good Employer, flexible, great support

Cons

Limited career growth, small sales force

Advice to Management

None

Emergys Corp.2015-04-26

"BAD - But have no options due to my visa status."

Current Employee - Consultant in Durham, NC

I have been working at Emergys Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Location - Ideally located in a growing State where school system is among the top 5 in the nation, good family life,low cost living and great year round weather. - Initially the company was managed very professionally,but later on became a perfect example of an unprofessionally run enterprise.

Cons

- Very unprofessionally run company.Its more of a family run bania business than an IT Frim. - Very minimal interaction between employee & management. - There are a bunch of folks acting as Bridge or populary as they are called as " PILLARS" - between employees and the top management - these are hurdles than bridges. - These bridges conduct Performance Reviews that lack moral ethics and their reviews are the... final verdict for the top Management. - These bridges are surviving on the performance of the otehr employees. - A place where there are more husband & wife combos than professional employees. - No HR Policy / Compensation guidelines. Everything depends on the whims and fancies of these so called :BRIDGES" OR PILLARS as they are called.

Advice to Management

- Please open up your Ears & Eyes and try to get the big picture instead of depending on the Bridges or so called Pillars of the company.

Emergys Corp.2014-12-02

Emergys Corp. Response

December 19, 2014HR Manager

Thanks for your review of Emergys Corp., we appreciate the feedback. If you are currently employed, please bring your complaints to your direct manager or Emergys HR, so that we can work together to have a mutually beneficial relationship. Emergys is growing, and with that comes some growth pains, however we are working to offer new and exciting performance pay options as well as better established career growth paths to align with our employees career aspirations, along with training by the best in the business! We have also recently implemented a new HRMS which is streamlining our Performance Management, and policies. We are, 'One TEAM, One GOAL, One FIGHT!'.

7. "Worst Management - India Operations"

I have been working at Emergys Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was the Timing that had forced me to be here. but now the changes are forcing me to exit as early as possible.

Cons

Please change the Management - India Operations

Advice to Management

Earlier this Company had a professional management, but the current management team handling India Operations are exercising and introducing worst policies in this company by which and taking this company to a wrong path. This company has lost all the projects and they are just surviving becuase of the US support projects. The Current management has lost its focus and keep dumping pressure on its staff such that... they make them resign forcefully in a very unprofessional way. There is always a cloud of insecure among the staffs which also effects the complete work culture. Its recommended not to join this company at any chance.

Emergys Corp.2014-11-27
  8. "No room to move up"

I worked at Emergys Corp. full-time

Pros

Good benefits, flex scheduling, used to have loyalty to employees (no longer a factor)

Cons

Management does not know what anyone is contributing so little feel of appreciation or contributing, no upward mobility seen from within, too little reward for loyal or productive employees.

Advice to Management

You need little people to make the company work, too many upper management moved in from outside with no upward movement from those within

Emergys Corp.2014-05-06
  9. "Good company to work when starting off your career"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Durham, NC

I worked at Emergys Corp. full-time

Pros

Opportunities to work on different projects. Senior management is very friendly and approachable

Cons

Growth prospects are very limited.

Advice to Management

Management should lay down well defined compensation and career growth strategies for employees.

Emergys Corp.2014-04-08

Emergys Corp. Response

August 8, 2014HR Manager

Thanks for your review of Emergys Corp., we appreciate the feedback. Emergys is growing, and offering new and exciting performance pay options as well as better established career growth paths to align with our employees career aspirations, along with training by the best in the business! We are, 'One TEAM, One GOAL, One FIGHT!'.

10. "Great team-oriented place to work"

I have been working at Emergys Corp. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management has strong communication and on boards you with the right tools to be successful. Great culture. Good work life balance.

Cons

My experience has been great so far.

Advice to Management

Continue with the clear vision and strong leadership.

Emergys Corp.2013-10-29