Emeritus Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
T. Andrew Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is corrupt at Brookdale Bear Creek Colorado Springs (in 13 reviews)

• Change in administration, sometimes long hours (in 8 reviews)

"You'll be happy you worked here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Employees are compensated well and always seem happy. Perks (gym memberships, bus passes, costco memberships, etc) are awesome.

Cons

Their health insurance is subpar and is really the only complaint you'll hear around the office. Parking can be difficult to find in the area or expensive if your able to secure a spot in the underground parking.

Advice to Management

Holiday bonus! Out of all the perks we have, it's surprising we don't get a christmas bonus.

"A great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

comfortable atmosphere, managers at all levels recognize and appreciate the work you do. Company goes out of its way to provide perks for employees such as snacks and deck parties.

Cons

Unless you're a nurse or accountant, there isn't much room for advancement. Culture becoming more formal as the company gets bigger.

Advice to Management

Keep employees updated on what's going on. We started to work there because of management's commitment to employee well-being, so make sure that remains a priority!

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a very good place to start a career with solid leadership base, and a great atmosphere. Young vibrant employee pool.

Cons

Typically most of the starting salaries are a little lower than industry standards, although this is offset by strong job stability.

4. "HR Generalist"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team. Work with a group of talented, smart and outgoing professionals. Exposure to a variety of employee relations issues. Management encourages you to think outside the box. Great "Family Values". Good opportunities to grow your career.

Cons

No comments at this time.

5. "It has been a good experience."

Current Employee - Cook in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Cook in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a good company, the environment is a good place to work in. The people and atmosphere is always good.

Cons

At the moment, I personally have not had any bad experiences working here. Nothing bad as been brought up.

Advice to Management

There should be more communication between all managers. Also, between all the different sections such as: kitchen, activities, act.

"I love what I do!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid to work with Seniors, do the right thing everyday making a difference in peoples lives and living by the philosphy "Safely Somewhere" which means we will go visit Seniors still living at home to make sure they are safe, have meals, medications and help lined up if they need it. It is a very rewarding career! They also provide opportunities for growth if you are looking for it. It doesn't matter if you are a caregiver or housekeeper so will give you training and support!

Cons

I work long hours- but I choose to because I enjoy what I do so much! It is more like a calling than a job.

Advice to Management

Continue to stand behind your committment to our Residents of "Our Family is Comitted to Yours" as our residents come first! And encouraging us all to live by the golden rule of doing to others as we would like done to us! If some employees don't believe this or think it isn't being done this is not due to management standing in your way it is because you are not doing it and are looking for someone to blame.

7. "Great company"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great people overall, residents are wonderful all of staff working with emeritus just a nice enviroment for us all its been a pleasure being apart of a team like this one

Cons

None at this time great

Advice to Management

Always stay involved

8. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work at a community as well as at the home office and both experiences were great! The company culture is unlike any other company I have ever worked for. Co-workers are so encouraging and caring. This company has a large opportunity for growth and you are recognized for your hard work. If you have a big heart and want to work for a community that really makes a difference, Emeritus is the place for you!

Cons

No cons at this time.

9. "A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company cares about the residents and their employees. It starts at the top, they truly are passionate about providing the best care for the Seniors, they work hard and support the employees. I love this company! Looking forward to many years with this company and hope that those who have created negative experiences for some of the not so good reviews have moved on because the leadership team is a dedicated group, everyone is passionate about the work we do and I'm glad I chose this company.

Cons

The parking is a little rough

Advice to Management

Stay the course you guys do a great job, continue to be visible and accessible.

10. "Room to Grow!"

Current Employee - Training and Development in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Training and Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is really a good company to work for, really. I don't have the skill set to care for the residents myself, so I do what I can and support our employees who do. My boss even told me if I ever felt like I needed a change to let her know, so she could find me another position. Who does that?! I've never had a job in which I felt we were all on the same team, helping each other along. My voice is heard and appreciated, and I know at the end of the day that what I'm doing makes a difference.

Cons

People can always complain about some aspect of their work, but I'm the kind of person who will work to make any changes that need to happen.

Advice to Management

We appreciate the tireless devotion you have to making a better life for seniors. Thank you for always showing your appreciation for our hard work too.