Emerson Reviews | Glassdoor

1,758 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,758 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance needs severe improvement (in 39 reviews)

• Very few women or minorities in upper management (in 32 reviews)

"Operation lead"

Current Employee - Operation Lead in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Operation Lead in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great profit sharing, world class facilities, caring for employee working environment and safety

Cons

Less opportunity to advance, under pay, delate on most project, not willing to invest money for equipment. hiring too many unqualified employee with bad work attendance. Doesn't value employee private time , often mandatory ry OT regardless of holidays or weekends

Advice to Management

Provide good communication between management and engineers to make project move smoothly.
    Increase pay to keep talent

2. "Wonderful Work Culture"

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great promotion potential. Work-life balance is great. Pay is great. There are many tenured employees -- people stay here for a long time. It is a great company to work for and the culture is fun. People seem to genuinely enjoy working here.

Cons

Emerson is spread out all over the world. Many of the promotion opportunities require a move -- this may be not be ideal for some people.

3. "Excellent oppurtunity and career advancement"

Pros

Salary is competive for the role, as well as decent benefits. Vacation, Insurance, etc are competitive with the industry. Safety is a very high priority and management has your back.

Cons

Not really too many cons. It is a big corporation so flexibility at times is limited on their end. Also outsource quite a bit of work to low cost countries.

"Emerson Electric Corporation: a terrific place to learn."

Pros

Emerson Electric Corporation invests in their employees. I have been able to experience many parts of a business. I have learned what it takes to manage a business in a highly successful corporation.

Cons

Detailed reporting and planning does become time consuming. I question the benefit to the corporation vs. the cost on the division.

Advice to Management

Emerson Electric Corporation has a best-in-class business planning process. I would suggest that this process be scale-able. Larger divisions should complete the planning process as currently designed. Smaller divisions would still participate in the process but have fewer requirements. Smaller divisions would still benefit from the process without investing as much time as larger divisions. Understanding the waterfall process, it is difficult to select which exhibits to scale back on. One simple way to impact effort would be to limit the slide count based on annual sales.

6. "Awesome company to Work with"

I worked at Emerson full-time

Pros

This is my first company and I am so proud to be part of it for more than four years. It respects each and every employee and encourages employees to be more innovative.

Cons

Company can be a little flexible like providing work from home option. Also they do not encourage employees to shift from one team to another team.

"Solid, High Performing Global Company Which Rewards Good Work, Loyalty and Honesty"

I have been working at Emerson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The management team is smart, honest, humble and stable. The stability allows the company to develop and follow management processes developed over decades to drive business results. Career development opportunities exceed the supply so anyone with the skill, ability and attitude has many opportunities to advance rapidly through the ranks, if that is your goal.

Cons

The size of the company can make it slow. Approval levels can slow down the pace of change and can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Allow the business leaders you trust to have more autonomy to run their businesses.

8. "I was their Digital Marketing/Graphic Design Intern and my over all experience was wonderful."

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Racine, WI

Pros

One of the pros working here was how friendly and helpful everyone was. The interview process was comfortable and I felt like I was talking to a friend about my experience in the past and what I have to offer.

Cons

One of the negative things for me was the distance and how far I had to drive.

9. "Emerson"

Pros

They have a Great work culture and very employment friendly policies. They try to make your life easy at work.

Cons

Their pay is lower compared to other competitors in the market. Sometimes your work life balance is affected, not always though.

Advice to Management

10. "Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Engineer Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Engineer Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The people at Emerson are great. The culture there is very relaxed.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about.

Advice to Management

none

11. "Marketing Data Analyst"

Pros

team members are so friendly.
    Work culture is Great

Cons

I do not think there are any CONS with this company

Showing 1,758 of 1,883 reviews