Emmaus Community Reviews | Glassdoor

Emmaus Community Reviews

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Direct support professional"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Emmaus Community part-time (More than a year)

Pros

While working at Emmaus increased my leadership, communication, and critical thinking skills. They have helped me grow as an individual.

Cons

Sometimes communication is not clear throughout the company and can cause confusion.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep a clear line of communication between residential and nonresidential staff, doctors, family, and with house managers.

2. "I loved the work with the residents, couldn't stand working for my boss"

Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Direct Care Professional in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

There is a lot of satisfaction in working with the residents. Knowing that your work impacts real people and makes them feel more secure and happy is a great part of the job.

Cons

The management is very hands-on, very in-your-face about small decisions. They don't think twice before reprimanding you publicly, and are very easily threatened by suggestions and insight coming from their employees.

Advice to Management

Find some way to pull away and trust the employees you've given responsibility, or leave the management to a few individuals who have earned your trust. You will find that the relationships the residents build with your employees are positive ones, and that there are many ways to accomplish small tasks.

3. "Been here a year now, and its been quite a positive and really good, experience for me,"

Current Employee - Commanion in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Commanion in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Emmaus Community full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They (Emmaus) do provide, you with a full belly, on suite room, roof over your head, make new friends and work at the 2 shops that, have the procides, going to a charity for the homeless. finally what ever qualifacations that you do here, will help you with jobs else where in the future, by adding them to your C.V.

Cons

The down side to Emmaus is that, you might not over all,like the other staff and commanions, here, i think overall thats a small price to pay.

Advice to Management

The only advise to management, is that there quite poor in the communitive side of getting the message over to the commanions, and little things that happin negitively at the shops, and community, it could improve, basically i think these are things that happin in most places of living and working.