Emmaus Homes, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 20 Apr 2019

4.3
Emmaus Homes, Inc. CEO Cindy Clark
Cindy Clark
Pros
  • "Everyone on the administrative team has an open door policy and are always willing to listen to ideas and interested in areas of improvement(in 4 reviews)

• "Open door policy, I always feel like my concerns are heard(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Staffing issues when there are not enough workers in the homes(in 6 reviews)

• "Need more employees for direct care(in 4 reviews)

"CSM"

Current Employee - CSM in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Faith Based Competitive Salaries Provides unlimited training In house training team Cutting Edge technology Truly lives by Core Values - Customer Centered, Integrity, Collaboration, Initiative Great advancement opportunities

Cons

Can't think of any Cons.

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-11-13
  2. "Wonderful job (FOR THE RIGHT PERSON)"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Marthasville, MO

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive pay and benefits in this field -Church run Non-Profit -Comprehensive training -Flexable to meet your availability as a worker -Peaceful and calming work environment -Provides for continuous social interactions -Opportunities to travel with clients when needed -Mileage reimbursment for business related travel in personal vehicle -Casual atmosphere -Large turn over of coworkers. So alot of extra... hours to be covered and inadequate staffing to cover them. Both pro and con.

Cons

-Sometimes emotionally demanding -Requires above average patience -Cleaning do-do from time to time -Alot of paperwork day to day -Large turn over of cowocoworkers. So alot of extra hours to be covered and inadequate staffing to cover them. Bcon.Both pro and con.

Advice to Management

Keep yourselves client focused! Next keep yourselves employee focused. If these two things are keep on the front of your minds as managment this company will continue to grow!

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2019-04-20
  3. "Earning while learning!"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. part-time for more than a year

Pros

Family atmosphere, great relationships built with co-workers, clients and management, continuous learning opportunities as well as room for career advancement, satisfaction of helping clients achieve their goals is priceless.

Cons

Schedules somewhat demanding (but this could supplement nicely with overtime)

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-11-12
  4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Lead DSP in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many “Pros” to working for Emmaus Homes. But to name a couple of the biggest pros. 1) The individuals served become family, and the satisfaction of making their lives better, is incredible. 2) The company is constantly looking for ways to improve standards for their employees and the consumers.

Cons

The work/life balance isn’t that great. You will most likely have to work every weekend and holiday. If you have kids, this probably isn’t a job for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the hard work and dedication to finding improvements in standards for your employees and consumers.

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-10-27
  5. "DSP"

Former Employee - DSP in Marthasville, MO

I worked at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff, clients, and my home manager.

Cons

Communication is the only big problem.

Advice to Management

I loved having the opportunity to work at Emmaus homes. My staff, home manager, and clients were seriously some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I was told upon being hired that I needed to obtain high school equelvency within the first year of employment which was sadly not accomplished due to the fact that I wasnt ready to take the test before my hire date anniversary. I was told... that maybe I could get an extension or an exemption from DMH since i have 5+ years of experience with working with special needs individuals and was told not to worry about it. Then today, my 1 year anniversary, I recieve an email stating that they couldn't get it accomplished. I'm extreamly hurt because I never wanted to leave my staff or clients. I love working at emmaus. I wish things could've been done differently and handled better.

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-10-23
  6. "Dsp"

Former Employee - DSP in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overtime and the clients were fun

Cons

None. It’s a great job

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-09-17
  7. "Supporting Clients in their homes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leaders are receptive to feedback, they care about our ideas, concerns, and problems. They recognize team members who are dedicated. There are lots of chances to grow, learn more. Emmaus does a lot of internal promotions- they really want to help their employees grow and will look inside before going outside.

Cons

24/7 job. Caring for people is an around the clock job. Need more employees for direct care.

Advice to Management

Continue to get feedback from all your team members. Keep up the advocacy and partnership with other organizations to create change locally and statewide.

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-09-14
  8. "HR"

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time

Pros

Management is open to ideas and feedback and implements many of those ideas.

Cons

Being a non-profit - we have to be creative in how we accomplish our goals as we don't always have enough funding to support all of the initiatives we would love to do!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees feedback and sharing!

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-09-04

"Customer Care is a Joke"

I worked at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time

Pros

The clients are amazing individuals.

Cons

The organization is more concerned about employee recruitment than the welfare of the clients. The standard of care for clients is subpar at best. The internal politics of this organization are a nightmare to navigate. Speaking up and voicing concerns regarding customer care will get you into trouble. The organization does not have enough qualified employees to staff homes which, as a result, customer care and ISP... goals take a back seat to staffing and funding issues. If I were a parent or a family member, I would not trust the care of my loved one to this organization.

Advice to Management

Focus your attention on who matters- the clients.

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-08-19
  10. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Lead DSP in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Emmaus Homes, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay and overtime

Cons

Health Insurance is expensive

Advice to Management

Hire more professional people That really want to work with people with physical and mental disabilities

Emmaus Homes, Inc.2018-07-06